Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 194. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Any of you guys running the old Radeon R9 290 Reference GPUs?

I've noticed that on stock settings (947/1250) the hashrate has decreased from 26.3Mhs to like 25Mhs.

Wondering if this is due to the DAG thrashing bug found on the older 280X GPUs.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
@Claymore
It seems there's a correlation between using temps/fan control from the miner and "NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)" errors, causing application restart (worker restart in my case)
The rig is Win10 with 10*1060*6gb and and latest drivers. I'm using -mclock and -pwlim with no issues running v11.9, but as soon as I set -tt into anything it will lead to the error above within minutes.

I have better results with MSI AB than Claymore on Nvidia

Well... and my conclusion from the experience with MSI AB: do anything you must in order to avoid installing AB on your workers.

Anyways I had serious stability issues with this 10*1060 rig (lately it never held over 5-6 hours of constant work) , it was behaving like it had some problems with electricity/raisers/contacts.
It was constantly restarting/and occasionally hung in a way that only power down/up would make it recover. Reset wasn't doing the trick.

Fresh system image and NO AB install and now I have it running stable at 24.1MH at actually higher mclock than it was before and no issues whatsoever for 21+ hours.

I also have a couple rigs that restart every 4-6 hours. Is there a log file in win7 that would give insight as to whether specifically AB or other driver was at fault? I've been assuming it was just an OC/ temp thing, but hard to figure out which card is at fault so I end up lowering OC on all of them.

Have you looked at the Claymore log files to see what is causing the issues? Claymore log files are very detailed.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
@Claymore
It seems there's a correlation between using temps/fan control from the miner and "NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)" errors, causing application restart (worker restart in my case)
The rig is Win10 with 10*1060*6gb and and latest drivers. I'm using -mclock and -pwlim with no issues running v11.9, but as soon as I set -tt into anything it will lead to the error above within minutes.

Well... and my conclusion from the experience with MSI AB: do anything you must in order to avoid installing AB on your workers.

Anyways I had serious stability issues with this 10*1060 rig (lately it never held over 5-6 hours of constant work) , it was behaving like it had some problems with electricity/raisers/contacts.
It was constantly restarting/and occasionally hung in a way that only power down/up would make it recover. Reset wasn't doing the trick.

Fresh system image and NO AB install and now I have it running stable at 24.1MH at actually higher mclock than it was before and no issues whatsoever for 21+ hours.

I also have a couple rigs that restart every 4-6 hours. Is there a log file in win7 that would give insight as to whether specifically AB or other driver was at fault? I've been assuming it was just an OC/ temp thing, but hard to figure out which card is at fault so I end up lowering OC on all of them.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Once Claymore starts, after few minutes, this message appears:

WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hang in OpenCL call, exit

Quit, please wait..

Restarting OK, exit...

I would test this sequence:

- Install new Riser on GPU1.
- Check if you did not overclock or undervolt too much.
- Perform a test with another PSU.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Any chance for zhash miner?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
@Claymore

Activity: 8
Hello guys,

Today I started having problems with my mining rig.

This is the problem I'm encountering

Once Claymore starts, after few minutes, this message appears:

Quit, please wait..

Restarting OK, exit...

Then my rig freezes..

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks
Activity: 56
If you could create something that can push the data from the rigs to your server and then to the app on my iPhone, that would be awesome.  Realtime stats on all rigs.  Click on a rig name to get detailed stats on that particular machine.  Group/individual config for pools. etc etc.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
@Claymore

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
@Claymore
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Hello Claymore

Could you add switch pool function to Remote Manager? I think it should be very useful

Thank you
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hello. I am trying to set up a miner as a work project. The main goal isnt to make money, its just to say that I know how to set up a miner. The work computer has a radeon rx 560 2gb card. I was wondering if the program would let me run the miner with this card. Thanks.

This will show you what you can mine with a 2GB card "Current DAG Size" is what you want to look at.
https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size
Activity: 352
Merit: 10
As I read in the news, there will be new update of Ethereum in few months related to Constantinople hard fork. Dear Claymore! I think that you have to update your program to be ready for it.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hello. I am trying to set up a miner as a work project. The main goal isnt to make money, its just to say that I know how to set up a miner. The work computer has a radeon rx 560 2gb card. I was wondering if the program would let me run the miner with this card. Thanks.

Hello! Yes, it should work. Give it a try.
Activity: 7
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Among all the dual mining candidates alongside ETH, is there anything that continues to be profitable and is ASIC resistant ?

I was under the impression that the vast majority of people are using Claymore to single mine ETH now...

I switched to solo mining as well. Nothing's worth it to dual-mine. Previously, I was dual-mining Ethash + Keccak (XDNA) but recently XDNA changed its algorithm to (custom-made) "HEX", which can't be dual-mined.

I'm going to stick to solo-mining for now; IMO, you should do the same.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
I'm at a loss for words on this one. How can this happen. I've been mining ETC on a couple rigs using nanopool for weeks. My start file has the ETC info in case of power out and restart. I've even restarted the rig more than once via simple reboot. About a month ago I switched from ETH to ETC so that wallet info is there but my start folder points to the ETC info and like I said I've used that start folder to get the show going many times with overclock profiles etc... Well about three hours ago my ETC monitor falls to zero. I check the rigs and they are happily mining ETH. Checked the event logs on both rigs and neither had rebooted. So I reboot both and I'm back to mining ETC. Is that a big wtf or what?

Check the epools.txt file.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
How do I go about hiding my worker name for nanopool using claymore?

what do you mean by hiding?

I really don't get the need to hide, as the worker name use to manage your rigs

anyways, you can just delete YOUR_WORKER_NAME parameter

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS/YOUR_WORKER_NAME/YOUR_EMAIL -mode 1

to make it something like this.
https://imgur.com/a/SJis1AR

because if i were to just remove the worker parameter, it will show up as incorrect worker name or x on nanopool

Honestly I don't get why you want something like that

And Seems to me that the screen cap is using different miner as it doesn't report a worker

** Snip

might be a failover activated?
Activity: 58
How do I go about hiding my worker name for nanopool using claymore?

what do you mean by hiding?

I really don't get the need to hide, as the worker name use to manage your rigs

anyways, you can just delete YOUR_WORKER_NAME parameter

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS/YOUR_WORKER_NAME/YOUR_EMAIL -mode 1

to make it something like this.
https://imgur.com/a/SJis1AR

because if i were to just remove the worker parameter, it will show up as incorrect worker name or x on nanopool
Jump to: