Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 195. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 3
I'm at a loss for words on this one. How can this happen. I've been mining ETC on a couple rigs using nanopool for weeks. My start file has the ETC info in case of power out and restart. I've even restarted the rig more than once via simple reboot. About a month ago I switched from ETH to ETC so that wallet info is there but my start folder points to the ETC info and like I said I've used that start folder to get the show going many times with overclock profiles etc... Well about three hours ago my ETC monitor falls to zero. I check the rigs and they are happily mining ETH. Checked the event logs on both rigs and neither had rebooted. So I reboot both and I'm back to mining ETC. Is that a big wtf or what?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
How do I go about hiding my worker name for nanopool using claymore?

what do you mean by hiding?

I really don't get the need to hide, as the worker name use to manage your rigs

anyways, you can just delete YOUR_WORKER_NAME parameter

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS/YOUR_WORKER_NAME/YOUR_EMAIL -mode 1
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
How do I go about hiding my worker name for nanopool using claymore?
Grow with community
and how can i do that? have no idea.

You should read the Readme!!!.txt
There is -r (Restart miner mode) argument, that you can use to restarting the miner by time or execute another batch file

Or search a script that could start/stop a certain application

you may now create a certain windows job At task scheduler

Run a script at a given time for the start and stop of app

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
Among all the dual mining candidates alongside ETH, is there anything that continues to be profitable and is ASIC resistant ?

I was under the impression that the vast majority of people are using Claymore to single mine ETH now...
Activity: 82
Merit: 22

You should read the Readme!!!.txt
There is -r (Restart miner mode) argument, that you can use to restarting the miner by time or execute another batch file
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
is it possible to program a timetable in the miner, so that it starts mining only during certain hours? can that be done? if you cannot, well, thats a way to go in developpment. If possitive, can you tell me how??

thanks.

Just schedule batch script to start miner and another script to kill the process. Wink

Activity: 728
Merit: 115
is it possible to program a timetable in the miner, so that it starts mining only during certain hours? can that be done? if you cannot, well, thats a way to go in developpment. If possitive, can you tell me how??

thanks.

Just schedule batch script to start miner and another script to kill the process. Wink

Activity: 143
claymore is probably already preparing a new V12 miner for new NVIDIA RTX cards

Really since his disappearance..
Activity: 924
Merit: 15

thanks.
Activity: 62
Tried moving some RX 580 8gb cards back to eth (on Ubuntu 16.04 Linux), but they absolutely suck now.
They used to do above 25 Mh/s a year or so ago, but now only 14 mhs/s.
What happened?

Is there some new driver on Linux that gives better rates or I have to move them to windoze?
I am on amdgpu-pro-17.40 (I thought that it had the blockchain component).

Never mind.
Re-installed the same driver, updated kernel and it seems OK now.

The 580/570 in win 10 reach 29,30,31 some 32, if you do not reach those numbers with linux it does not make much sense to use it to mine.

26 vs 29 is largely irrelevant these days.
Win annoys me by its restarts and updates.
I do run Vega on win though.

Install win 10 ltsb and there will be no updates and restarts
Thanks.

Unfortunately, as we said earlier, Windows 10 LTSB is only available as part of Windows 10 Enterprise. And Windows 10 Enterprise is only available to an organization with a volume licensing agreement, or through a new $7 per month subscription program.

Officially, if you’re part of an organization with a volume licensing program, you’re free to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB instead of Windows 10 Enterprise on your PCs.
https://www.howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/

I am not a part...and will not pay $7/mo (on top of initial outlay, I assume) when I can have linux for free.

I have ltsb also for free. I download a pre-activated release from thepiratebay.

Is that just a speculation?

this is my assumption))
Activity: 63
Merit: 1

Is that just a speculation?
Activity: 473
Merit: 18

Try Forager - Multi-algo switching miner for AMD/NVIDIA/CPU

Continuously developed, with largest selection and latest versions of miners and algos.
Highly configurable, Integrated Afterburner support for power usage and profit calculation

Claymore miners support included Wink
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
eu1-etc.ethermine.org   us1-etc.ethermine.org pool not works?Huh Cry Cry Cry

What port are you using?
Activity: 47
Hi,

I have a sapphire rx 580 nitro+ 8gb that only mine at 16MH.
I tried different bios and different setups but it stays the same.

Can someone help me?

Gr,
Eric

Ensure that you have enabled the compute mode in your AMD drivers

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

Or use other tools to automatically switch to compute mode

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

or regedit

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/820dum/amd_enable_compute_mode_anyway_to_enable_through/

Thanks!!!
That does it!
31MHz like the rest.

eric
Grow with community
Hi,

Can someone help me?

Gr,
Eric

Ensure that you have enabled the compute mode in your AMD drivers

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

Or use other tools to automatically switch to compute mode

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

or regedit

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/820dum/amd_enable_compute_mode_anyway_to_enable_through/
Activity: 47
Hi,

Can someone help me?

Gr,
Eric
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
eu1-etc.ethermine.org   us1-etc.ethermine.org pool not works?Huh Cry Cry Cry

here working fine
can you check your miners, maybe there is a problem, the pool is up and running
Jump to: