Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 335. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Win10/Defender problem here that has been driving me nuts and cant find any info

Has happened on all the versions of Claymore that I have run so its not a claymore problem

Every day at 12:30Pm claymore crashes and restarts, when this happens one of my cards(random card) does not come back with the overclocked settings from Afterburner.
Using latest version of Win10

I have Defender turned off along with auto updates under group policy and used regedit too. Under Security Center it also says its off, but every day under device Performance and Health it says last scan with the current date.

I even added AVAST a few days ago and that wont stop it from updating under device perf either
I also have periodic scanning turned off under virus and threat protection

anyone have any clues as to how to fix this?
Thanks

Maybe try again? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-windows-10
Alternatively try excluding the claymore and afterburner folder from Defender/antivirus?
Alternatively try maybe overdriventool instead of afterburner?

Why do you believe it is a problem with Windows Defender? You can (and should) leave Defender ON and simply add an exclusion for the miner, so it will not be flagged during any future scans. Open Windows Defender Security Center by clicking "settings". From there, click on "Virus & Threat Protection Settings". Scroll down and click on "Add or Remove Exclusions", then select the file and/or folder you want Defender to ignore during scans.

Sounds like Afterburner settings are not correct in regards to one of your cards staying at stock tuning after restart. More info would help (particularly what cards we are dealing with), but run Afterburner as Administrator and try making some changes. With Afterburner running with admin privileges, make sure the "sync similar cards" setting is turned on. Put all of the clocks, power, fan, etc., settings where you want them. Make sure the little logo of a lock (found below the temp gauge) is in the unlocked position by clicking on it. Then click save and select the box numbered "1". A brief popup should appear and say "Profile 1 Saved". After that, click on the box numbered "1", and it should say "Profile 1 Loaded". Click the check-mark button to apply Profile 1, and it will say "Profile 1 Applied". Click on the Windows logo button under "Startup", making sure it is illuminated afterwards so that Afterburner will start with Windows automatically. Now, click the lock logo again to close the lock to prevent further changes. That should also cause Profile 1 to be loaded upon restart and apply the saved settings to all cards.

You can also click on the Windows Logo Key + R and type ' shell:startup ' to view and change any programs/files that automatically start with Windows. If MSI Afterburner is not in the list of startup programs, simply add it by selecting the file from its location or dragging the icon into the box. Hope that helps with the limited info you provided about your cards and setup!

Please also see my recent post in this thread regarding very dangerous viruses, and keep your Windows Defender Security programs turned ON and UPDATED at ALL TIMES! Post can be seen via https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32089368

13X1070 cards.    2 1200Watt power supplies  so its not power as together they are only pulling 1500W total from the wall

This machine is only used for mining and nothing and I mean NOTHING else so not running defender or another antivirus is not a real concern for me.  I even DL new claymore on another machine and USB stick it over.

I believe its Defender as it happens EVERY DAY at 12:30PM   if its not Defender is some other windows task that is scheduled.  But the reason I think its defender is that  it does some sort of scan every day when I have turned it off.
If it was random crashes of the miner I would believe its my mem OC settings, and it might be to some extent as I am sure if I backed it down a bit more when defender or what ever else it is that is running wouldnt cause it to hickup
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
I have found with my rx580s when they crash they go back to stock bios settings and 950mv. If ram is set too fast the card can be restarted by restarting claymore or just restart the card in claymore.  If that does not work then the gpu core settings are too fast or not enough volts.  A computer restart isnneeded. I have found v11.3 contributes to the latter.

It's possible more tweaking on your part is needed or maybe revert back a version. Also dont discount power. Could be your PSUs  are at the limit and something is scheduled to come on at that time that causes a blip in voltage to the cards. Could even be power from your utility.  Since the card dropping is random I bet it is one of those two!
Activity: 25
The current AMD drivers in compute mode are optimized for Windows 10 v1709 FCU. Those are the fastest drivers to use with RX 570/580 cards. The only reason to use the blockchain drivers on Windows v1709 with RX 570/580's is some old miners like SGminer don't work with the latest drivers.
In my experience, in what mining is concerned, the Beta Blockchain drivers are identical to all new drivers. No speed difference whatsoever.
If someone has proof otherwise please come forward.

Beta blockchain drivers have a limit of upto 8 GPUs. New drivers don't... Speedwise maybe no difference so what is the harm of using newer drivers?

Installed new drivers and afterburner doesn't work. Went back to blockchain drivers. 
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
Win10/Defender problem here that has been driving me nuts and cant find any info

Has happened on all the versions of Claymore that I have run so its not a claymore problem

Every day at 12:30Pm claymore crashes and restarts, when this happens one of my cards(random card) does not come back with the overclocked settings from Afterburner.

I have Defender turned off along with auto updates under group policy and used regedit too. Under Security Center it also says its off, but every day under device Performance and Health it says last scan with the current date.

I even added AVAST a few days ago and that wont stop it from updating under device perf either

Thanks

Maybe try again? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-windows-10
Alternatively try excluding the claymore and afterburner folder from Defender/antivirus?

Why do you believe it is a problem with Windows Defender? You can (and should) leave Defender ON and simply add an exclusion for the miner, so it will not be flagged during any future scans. Open Windows Defender Security Center by clicking "settings". From there, click on "Virus & Threat Protection Settings". Scroll down and click on "Add or Remove Exclusions", then select the file and/or folder you want Defender to ignore during scans.

Sounds like Afterburner settings are not correct in regards to one of your cards staying at stock tuning after restart. More info would help (particularly what cards we are dealing with), but run Afterburner as Administrator and try making some changes. With Afterburner running with admin privileges, make sure the "sync similar cards" setting is turned on. Put all of the clocks, power, fan, etc., settings where you want them. Make sure the little logo of a lock (found below the temp gauge) is in the unlocked position by clicking on it. Then click save and select the box numbered "1". A brief popup should appear and say "Profile 1 Saved". After that, click on the box numbered "1", and it should say "Profile 1 Loaded". Click the check-mark button to apply Profile 1, and it will say "Profile 1 Applied". Click on the Windows logo button under "Startup", making sure it is illuminated afterwards so that Afterburner will start with Windows automatically. Now, click the lock logo again to close the lock to prevent further changes. That should also cause Profile 1 to be loaded upon restart and apply the saved settings to all cards.

You can also click on the Windows Logo Key + R and type ' shell:startup ' to view and change any programs/files that automatically start with Windows. If MSI Afterburner is not in the list of startup programs, simply add it by selecting the file from its location or dragging the icon into the box. Hope that helps with the limited info you provided about your cards and setup!

Please also see my recent post in this thread regarding very dangerous viruses, and keep your Windows Defender Security programs turned ON and UPDATED at ALL TIMES! Post can be seen via https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32089368

Thanks

That is what I have followed and have tried doing again and even toggling settings on/off
It is not finding anything but I believe it is running and causing the miner to reset
Thanks
Activity: 77
The current AMD drivers in compute mode are optimized for Windows 10 v1709 FCU. Those are the fastest drivers to use with RX 570/580 cards. The only reason to use the blockchain drivers on Windows v1709 with RX 570/580's is some old miners like SGminer don't work with the latest drivers.
In my experience, in what mining is concerned, the Beta Blockchain drivers are identical to all new drivers. No speed difference whatsoever.

I have a six card RX 570/580 rig with dual boot Windows 10 v1709 partitions. The latest Adrenaline drivers on one and the Aug 23rd blockchain drivers on the other, so I can run older miners that are not compatible with the current drivers if I need to. Using the same settings for both, in addition to the blockchain drivers being noticeably slower by 3-4 MH/s, they have frequent drops in hash rate and issues with Windows as well. The AMD blockchain drivers came out before the Windows 10 v1709 FCU and are NOT supported. The v1709 FCU was a major update to how Windows interacts with GPU's and also expanding the previous GPU limit from 8 to 13, which is why AMD had to release new drivers that were compatible with the FCU.
In what 1709 is concerned, might be, but I run 1703 and on it there a re no differences between drivers.
Also you loose AB rpm graph settings if you update to 1709 and new drivers (and I'm not referring to the graphical interface but to the graph definition of it as a mathematical function).
Also I have only max of 7 cards, so 8 limit doesn't bother me.
Activity: 112

Thanks

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

I have a six card RX 570/580 rig with dual boot Windows 10 v1709 partitions. The latest Adrenaline drivers on one and the Aug 23rd blockchain drivers on the other, so I can run older miners that are not compatible with the current drivers if I need to. Using the same settings for both, in addition to the blockchain drivers being noticeably slower by 3-4 MH/s, they have frequent drops in hash rate and issues with Windows as well. The AMD blockchain drivers came out before the Windows 10 v1709 FCU and are NOT supported. The v1709 FCU was a major update to how Windows interacts with GPU's and also expanding the previous GPU limit from 8 to 13, which is why AMD had to release new drivers that were compatible with the FCU.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
11.3 crashed all three rigs within 5 minutes. 11.2 has been perfectly stable between my 72 hour reboots.

@Claymore
I switched to linux version of Claymore some time ago. But am I blind or why is linux version storing in log files less info then win version? For example one of my rigs is rebooting. I want to analyze problem reading logs. On windows version I saw in that case for example "Gpu0 failed..". On linux I can see only "NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999" but NO info about which gpu crashed the driver. Can anybody point me right direction?
Thanks a lot...

BTW: v11.2 & v11.3 is crashing after a while all my Nvidia rigs, previous version was absolutelly stable.

I have 2 rigs, each with 6 NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB cards, and my MSI laptop has 1. A few months ago, I decided to add Windows 10 OS, as I was having problems with Linux on the x6 card rigs (I had large capacity drives, so partitioned them in order to keep Linux in case I ever want to test anything and compare results). Sounds like we likely experienced the same and/or similar problem, as all 3 of my machines were running fine with previous versions. After an hour of testing, adjusting, and tweaking some things, everything has been stable on v11.3 for almost 24 hours now.

For me, I believe the majority of the crashing was caused by the auto fan control feature in MSI Afterburner (which I prefer for overclocking, and read a few posts elsewhere in this thread from others about that program causing conflicts). Anyway, the fix was to disable fan control in MSI Afterburner, and let Claymore miner control the fans. I have x3 powerful fans controlled by the motherboard on each rig anyway, as I like to keep my cards cool. Obviously, use caution, keep a close eye on temps, and make sure the fans on your cards are working correctly if you attempt this fix on your NVIDIA cards!

I was also running the latest Windows 10 x64 391 official NVIDIA drivers, but rolled them back to the 388.71, although I don't believe this was any cause of the problem. I will reinstall the latest drivers later today and report back after running stably for at least 24 hours.

On a different subject, I did download a virus from the latest zip file found in Claymore's link to the Google Drive download. After extracting the download, there were x3 folders within the main one named "cuda6.5", "cuda7.5", and "cuda9.1". Inside each of those folders were x1 .dll file and a separate "EthDcrMiner64.exe". I always scan compressed files downloaded from the internet after extraction, and thankfully it paid off! The "EthDcrMiner64.exe" file in the "cuda6.5" folder was flagged as a backdoor trojan virus - NOT the usual false positive "bitcoin/coin miner" virus. Not sure how or why that file got in there, but it was definitely a very real threat that still has me on edge and VERY uneasy! I just attempted to download the same file found in the Google link in the OP, and now it gets flagged as a virus and won't allow me to download.

I have used Claymore's miners for quite a while and never had any problems with his programs, so I do NOT believe Claymore would purposely and knowingly include a virus which allows remote access to your pc (ultimately for the purposes of stealing your coins, digital assets, credit card numbers, personal details, etc...). The infected file was downloaded via the Google link in the OP approximately 3 hours after its release. If the people who create and use these viruses spent half the time it would take to create such a thing, they could make plenty of money on their own (legally, and without having to steal). The thieving scums who do this continue giving Bitcoin/digital assets a bad rep and seriously impact this emerging sector in a very negative way which hurts all of us (not to mention the lack of words that describe all lowlife bottom feeding thieves).

Anyway, USE EXTREME CAUTION & ALWAYS SCAN DOWNLOADED FILES BEFORE USING!

Here is a screenshot of Claymore's Miner showing as a false positive "Trojan.BitcoinMiner". Although correctly flagged (as a miner could be negligently installed on a persons computer to mine for the attacker), it is a false positive in this case, as we want the file to mine for ourselves. The screenshot shows what your antivirus program should falsely flag. In my case, the antivirus program found two separate threats - the one seen in screenshot, and another which was a very real and dangerous threat that would have unwillingly allowed the attacker remote access to my computer (sorry, but I do not have a screenshot of the real virus. as I immediately removed it). Screenshot of false positive on imgur.com via or https://imgur.com/a/XH75d

Thanks
Activity: 112

Beta blockchain drivers have a limit of upto 8 GPUs. New drivers don't... Speedwise maybe no difference so what is the harm of using newer drivers?
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
I have a six 470 rig, modded BIOS with Claymore 11.2 and the following config:

-dcri 1
-cclock 1240
-mclock 2200
-cvddc 950
-tt 72
-fanmin 50
-fanmax 90

Does anyone know why I'm getting about 27MH/s for the 5 GPUs and 32MH/s for 1 of them?
The GPUs are identical and bought on the same batch.

Because you're only overclocking one of them?  Is that a rhetorical question?  Perhaps try -cclock 1240,1240,1240,1240,1240,1240 to overclock all 6 at the same level.
Activity: 77
Activity: 3
Hello,

i am mining with claymoreminer ETH only, mining works fine but i do not receive the ETH in my wallet.

Do you see any mistakes here?

BR Cryptmaniac

https://ibb.co/cUE2k7
https://ibb.co/ks8ZyS

Most pools have a min. payout hurdle.... I am on Nanopool and there for example the min. payout is 0.2 ETH. Could that be the reason?

sounds like that could be the reason! i did not think of that, ill look into it. Thanks !!
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
GPU hangs are most often from to a high overclock, especially on the memory or too much undervolt for that card. Sometimes draining all the power from the capacitors also helps reset the GPU's and risers after a crash. Shutdown down the rig, cutoff the power to the PSU with the switch on the back and press the power button to drain all the power. Then after 1-2 minutes turn the rig back on.
yep. this can be healthy and helpful sometimes. you don't need to wait 1 minute though:)
As for the 32MH - I'd guess it's rx*80 Polaris, so you should expect it to be unstable at this rate
in any case just as undervolt could cause it the stock voltages could be also too much for the card to handle, so just start from lower mem overclock
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
11.3 crashed all three rigs within 5 minutes. 11.2 has been perfectly stable between my 72 hour reboots.

I'm finding the same. 11.3 is faster but less stable. If I slow down the cards a bit it becomes stable. But that negates the speed gain.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Activity: 25
Which driver is better,  blockchain driver or current amd driver set to compute?
Activity: 27
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
@Claymore
I switched to linux version of Claymore some time ago. But am I blind or why is linux version storing in log files less info then win version? For example one of my rigs is rebooting. I want to analyze problem reading logs. On windows version I saw in that case for example "Gpu0 failed..". On linux I can see only "NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999" but NO info about which gpu crashed the driver. Can anybody point me right direction?
Thanks a lot...

BTW: v11.2 & v11.3 is crashing after a while all my Nvidia rigs, previous version was absolutelly stable.
Jump to: