Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 40. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
stuck here can't start
https://imgur.com/a/qzA1NN8

one of your gpus is causing the issue, you need to remove each to know which one is the cause, or you can create each claymore instance for each gpu, the one that gets stuck is the problematic. it can be a lot of work, good luck.
Activity: 243
Merit: 71
Activity: 8
Merit: 1
hi everybody i have a problem and need your help

first i noticed that this problem happen only when using a Gigabyte motherboard and others is ok

the problem is when no display is connected to the motherboard and windows and miner is running ok if the power go down and return the system boots and miner begins till it define the gpu in miner console then it pause and doesnot mine till i plug a display in the motherboard it resume mining without any problem
this is too wired because it means i need a display for every gigabyte motherboard
please advise

You need a HDMI dummy plug, like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Display-Emulator-Headless-display-1920x1080/dp/B079K3CQRT

I have Gigabyte mainboard also, and i have the problem like you. The dummy plug is the cheap solution.
Activity: 221
Merit: 12
Xtreme Monster
No, it's 4Gb cards

It must be 2 gpus with 2gb each, if it works as 4gb then I think the best algo will be ravencoin at moment.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105

on another note, I have 12 GTX 690, what can I mine with it? (electricity costs doesn't matter).

They are 2gb of video memory right? I think nothing profitable can be mined using it, I might be wrong though, you can always mine bitcoin with it, might hit the lottery if you find a block.
[/quote]

No, it's 4Gb cards
Xtreme Monster

first i noticed that this problem happen only when using a Gigabyte motherboard and others is ok

the problem is when no display is connected to the motherboard and windows and miner is running ok if the power go down and return the system boots and miner begins till it define the gpu in miner console then it pause and doesnot mine till i plug a display in the motherboard it resume mining without any problem
this is too wired because it means i need a display for every gigabyte motherboard
please advise

First set to high performance on power options, in control panel, disable sleep on displays in there too if not then try to reinstall windows.

on another note, I have 12 GTX 690, what can I mine with it? (electricity costs doesn't matter).

They are 2gb of video memory right? I think nothing profitable can be mined using it, I might be wrong though, you can always mine bitcoin with it, might hit the lottery if you find a block.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

please advise
Xtreme Monster

pool reporting stale shares at 3%

Most likely incorrect shares then, if you press the s key on your keyboard while on claymore you will see the number of incorrect shares, you can also see in the log. Time to time, even if there is no overclocking at all, some gpus lose sync with the miner and then incorrect shares happen, so you need to check constant if all is fine. Also, the more you overclock the memory the more constant incorrect shares tend to happen. So in that case, you need to lower that gpu memory clock speed.
pulled out a 3 AMD RX580 8GB rig from XMR mining and now mining ETH

claymore mine is showing 100MHs but the pool (ethermine) is only showing an average of 47MHs

any suggestions why it might be?

thanks.

incorrect shares or high stale shares.

pool reporting stale shares at 3%
Xtreme Monster

claymore mine is showing 100MHs but the pool (ethermine) is only showing an average of 47MHs

thanks.

incorrect shares or high stale shares.

I've got a rig with 18 GPU's total (10 AMD 8GBs and 8 NVIDIA 6GBs) and I'm having a DAG problem.  I have it set to run the AMD in one claymore instance, and the NVIDIA in another, and either can run on it's own just fine, but when I try to run both at once the machine turns off when it's trying to create the DAG files.  With -gser 2 I can see that after all the AMD cards load, 5 of my 8 NVIDIA cards load, but when it gets to trying to do the 6th it dies (no specific card, it seems to load them randomly each time but it's always on whichever card is #6, which is part of why I think it's maxing something out).  I've got a huge page file on a second SSD (tried 250GB on a separate SSD with no luck, then tried loading windows on a single 500GB SSD and using 250GB of it for the page file to see if I'd have better luck with it on a single drive) but it always fails around that 6th drive.  I normally have 4GB of physical ram in my rigs, so I tried 8GB but it's still giving me this problem.

When it gets to the point to "create GPU buffer" is when it usually just completely dies and the machine just turns off, but sometimes it doesn't shut down and will give me a "calc DAG failed" error.

Would love any suggestions on how to prevent this if possible or if there's some limitation with claymore.

You should never mix nvidia with amd gpu's, not worth the hassle to make it work.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
~

Have you tested any linux based miner?
It can fix your issue easily

thanks.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
I've got a rig with 18 GPU's total (10 AMD 8GBs and 8 NVIDIA 6GBs) and I'm having a DAG problem.  I have it set to run the AMD in one claymore instance, and the NVIDIA in another, and either can run on it's own just fine, but when I try to run both at once the machine turns off when it's trying to create the DAG files.  With -gser 2 I can see that after all the AMD cards load, 5 of my 8 NVIDIA cards load, but when it gets to trying to do the 6th it dies (no specific card, it seems to load them randomly each time but it's always on whichever card is #6, which is part of why I think it's maxing something out).  I've got a huge page file on a second SSD (tried 250GB on a separate SSD with no luck, then tried loading windows on a single 500GB SSD and using 250GB of it for the page file to see if I'd have better luck with it on a single drive) but it always fails around that 6th drive.  I normally have 4GB of physical ram in my rigs, so I tried 8GB but it's still giving me this problem.

When it gets to the point to "create GPU buffer" is when it usually just completely dies and the machine just turns off, but sometimes it doesn't shut down and will give me a "calc DAG failed" error.

Would love any suggestions on how to prevent this if possible or if there's some limitation with claymore.

Also no need of that size of pagefile. Needed size is RAM+numberGPUs*VRAMsize

on 8 gb RAM rig with 12 8 Gb GPUs is 104 Gb total

You dont need more than the DAG size * No of GPUs, so currently even 48GB would do ... and I dont think the DAG will ever cross 5GB so 60GB should be the ceiling.
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
I've got a rig with 18 GPU's total (10 AMD 8GBs and 8 NVIDIA 6GBs) and I'm having a DAG problem.  I have it set to run the AMD in one claymore instance, and the NVIDIA in another, and either can run on it's own just fine, but when I try to run both at once the machine turns off when it's trying to create the DAG files.  With -gser 2 I can see that after all the AMD cards load, 5 of my 8 NVIDIA cards load, but when it gets to trying to do the 6th it dies (no specific card, it seems to load them randomly each time but it's always on whichever card is #6, which is part of why I think it's maxing something out).  I've got a huge page file on a second SSD (tried 250GB on a separate SSD with no luck, then tried loading windows on a single 500GB SSD and using 250GB of it for the page file to see if I'd have better luck with it on a single drive) but it always fails around that 6th drive.  I normally have 4GB of physical ram in my rigs, so I tried 8GB but it's still giving me this problem.

Also no need of that size of pagefile. Needed size is RAM+numberGPUs*VRAMsize

on 8 gb RAM rig with 12 8 Gb GPUs is 104 Gb total
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Sounds like a PSU issue. Over time PSU performance degrades. If the system works with half the GPU's then its not a card or DAG issue. As a final check use a linux based os like simpleminingos and see if that is able to run all the cards - if its a psu issue it will fail, if its a DAG/Driver issue linux will work flawlessly.
Activity: 152
Merit: 8

Hello!

Well ,first of all, switch from ETC to ETH ( if you're on ETC)  to check DAG issues, i think for now DAG size of ETH is lower then ETC , my rigs with the seemslike troubles working on ETH for now.
Then , it was a lot of post then increasing phisical RAM  solved alot of problems with DAG generetions. Sertainly 4 Gb is to low for those number of GPUs , suggest to try even 16 Gb.
And of couz try PM. CM is on its own way to dieing.
Activity: 11
Merit: 1

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
CLAYMORE DUAL MINING IS NO LONGER PROFITABLE--

It once was, but the coins good for dual mining are also readily mined by FPGA and dedicated ASICS.

There are other mining softwares that offer newer coins for dual mining pairs.       --scryptr
Pages:
Jump to: