Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 41. (Read 6590215 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 1
I'm a little confused after reading up on the siacoin variants/hard forks! Can claymore actually mine the original siacoin or do we need to switch to a fork like siacoin prime? Was the hard fork irrelevant for GPU mining and we can mine Sia (SC) without issue? Thanks.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
My antivirus removed the file as soon as it was available.

So ill keep off until some more comments are available Smiley

Is it good to use?
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Is anyone using this card? XFX Radeon RX 5700 DD Boost-Up Ultra Fans 8 GB GDDR6
I’m interested in the mining speed this card can reach on dagger algo
Tnx.

I have the standard XFX RX 5700's and they are modified and run 54Mh/s. Flashed them to the XT bios with memory strap mod.
Most possibly you will make 56 MH/s with PM.

I am using PM  Grin
Why don't you try increasing -mclock to 920 and decreasing -cclock to 1300 and -cvddc to 800
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
Tnx.

I have the standard XFX RX 5700's and they are modified and run 54Mh/s. Flashed them to the XT bios with memory strap mod.

I am using PM  Grin
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
when it will support kawpow algo???
Tnx.

Tnx.

very good result
what is the power consumption on the wall? not on the OS

I only have 4 in a rig currently and it is about 650W give or take a few. Now that I look closer, the cards you are referencing are the ones I have.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Tnx.

very good result
what is the power consumption on the wall? not on the OS
Tnx.

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Tnx.
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
If I overclock use of strap and rxboost to much current hashrate drops.
Balance is the key I guess
Activity: 31
Hi

Hashrate on my Nvidia rigs (1080 and 1080ti) has decreased about 15% in the last year. I have to increase power limit substantially to get the same hashrate as before.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? what is the problem with Nvidia GPUs or maybe Ethash algorithm?
Most possibly rhe TLB is cached on two levels and as the DAG grows the first level can't hold all the records and the usage of the second level cache increases. The problem can be solved on driver level from Nvidia by increasing the virtual memory page size (introduce AMD driver's compute mode) thus decreasing the TLB records that are used.

Thanks for explanation.
Hi

Hashrate on my Nvidia rigs (1080 and 1080ti) has decreased about 15% in the last year. I have to increase power limit substantially to get the same hashrate as before.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? what is the problem with Nvidia GPUs or maybe Ethash algorithm?
Most possibly rhe TLB is cached on two levels and as the DAG grows the first level can't hold all the records and the usage of the second level cache increases. The problem can be solved on driver level from Nvidia by increasing the virtual memory page size (introduce AMD driver's compute mode) thus decreasing the TLB records that are used.
Activity: 31
Hi

Activity: 28
Basically if you got any 4GB GPUs you should sell them ASAP before they completely stop working under Linux and with the 8GB as GPU0. Because there is going to be a flood of them on eBay and Craiglist and it'll be tough to sell them.

What I did was basically sell some of my 4GB RX 470 for like $80 and bought 8GB variants for $100-125 USD. Currently its the only solution to the DAG problem. Plus when all 4GB stop working plus the ASICs the difficulty should be less and more profit for your 8GB GPUs.

Thanks by the answers guys, you are amazing.
I'll put them on sale this is the momento to take advantage of the GPU high prices (at least in my country) and wait for the prices of 8GB cards to decrease.
I'm keeping an eye on 5700 XT and RX 580 prices.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Basically if you got any 4GB GPUs you should sell them ASAP before they completely stop working under Linux and with the 8GB as GPU0. Because there is going to be a flood of them on eBay and Craiglist and it'll be tough to sell them.

What I did was basically sell some of my 4GB RX 470 for like $80 and bought 8GB variants for $100-125 USD. Currently its the only solution to the DAG problem. Plus when all 4GB stop working plus the ASICs the difficulty should be less and more profit for your 8GB GPUs.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Do I hear right that Claymore is no longer being developed / maintained...? Where has this been confirmed...?
I know he's posted it here in this thread, I don't know the exact page.
If it's not this (Dual ETH miner) miner, I might have mistook it from his other miners but I'm 65% certain I'm correct.

-Edit-
Weird, this was his last post: /index.php?topic=1433925.msg53050842#msg53050842, there's no official announcement of "last version".
But I remembered that there was a long post here about the final version.... hmm.

Nevermind my previous statement then.

Thanks for your reply @nc50lc, I also couldn't find anything while searching.

Anyone else having a problem getting 4gb cards to mine at the moment..?

Yes
I had to migrate to PhoenixMiner which is an awesome miner as well
But when 4GB cards stop mining I'll buy one 8GB card for each rig and problem is solved.

Buying an 8GB card at setting it as the first card only buys you a few weeks. The Dag is already 3.7GB for ETH. An 8GB card is only going to help for that last 0.3GB, once the DAG stops fitting in the GPU memory those 4GB cards will have to find a smaller DAG coin or move onto another algo or be sold. Sadly most of the 4GB and under cards can't compete against the newer cards in the profitable coins except maybe scraping a few pennies from KawPow on a 1060GB or something like that.
Activity: 39
But when 4GB cards stop mining I'll buy one 8GB card for each rig and problem is solved.
this is dont work, if dag > 4Gb.
your card with 4Gb give low hashrate or dont work.
you can test it on 3gb cards.
Activity: 28
Do I hear right that Claymore is no longer being developed / maintained...? Where has this been confirmed...?
I know he's posted it here in this thread, I don't know the exact page.
If it's not this (Dual ETH miner) miner, I might have mistook it from his other miners but I'm 65% certain I'm correct.

-Edit-
Weird, this was his last post: /index.php?topic=1433925.msg53050842#msg53050842, there's no official announcement of "last version".
But I remembered that there was a long post here about the final version.... hmm.

Nevermind my previous statement then.

Thanks for your reply @nc50lc, I also couldn't find anything while searching.

Anyone else having a problem getting 4gb cards to mine at the moment..?

Yes
I had to migrate to PhoenixMiner which is an awesome miner as well
Pages:
Jump to: