Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 44. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Activity: 4
hi everyone,

I have 2 question regarding dual mining - if there is anyone able to help me, I'd be grateful.

I'm using 7x rx580 8gb GPUs to mine ETH + Sia (just started on Sia, mined DCR until now). However, it seems these GPUs are not supported to mine SIA, but other Sia coins (classic, etc). is that how it should be?

Important: Miners not compatible with Sia's hardfork (currently, this means all non-Obelisk ASICs and most GPU miners, with the exception of Marlin 1.1.0 and newer) trying to mine Sia may be automatically redirected to the SiaClassic pool so that their work doesn't go wasted (check here).
If your miner is not compatible with the hardfork, you should connect to one of the following ports: 3344 (Hyperspace), 3355 (SiaClassic), 3366 (SiaPrime). More info here.

2nd problem is about ETH hashrate, which dropped from about 200mhz/s (while mining DCR) to about 164mhz/s (while mining SIA). it looks like a big drop, is there something I did wrong?

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -esm 1 -ewal *mywal* -epsw x -dpool eu.siamining.com:7777 -dwal *mywal* -dcoin sia -allpools 1 -y 1

thanks in advance for your answers.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 5865
Self-proclaimed Genius
no, this problem on all RIG's where 1-st card 584(4Gb)
So it must be an issue with the current DAG size (almost 4GB) and your OS must be using some of the GPU's memory.

If that's the case, try to set the onboard GPU as the main display in your BIOS.
Perhaps, this might reduce/remove the memory resource usage of the main GPU.

Of course, you should connect the DP/HDMI/DVI/VGA cable to the onboard video port.
If you end up with issues, you can always reset the BIOS.

The older GPUs they always had fans that spun at a min speed of like 20% or so, but the new GPUs they usually don't spin at all on idle.
My 4GB RX570 (Brand: Power Color) spins at idle. That's why I mentioned "except if the model is designed to spin at certain temp".
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

GPU0's fan isn't moving, have you considered a hardware issue? Check the rig.
Even if it's not hashing, it should spin at minimum speed except if the model is designed to spin at certain temp.
(it's at the same temp rage as the others)

If its not hashing then the fan shouldn't spin because there is no load and doesn't require it to spin. The RX series basically have a fan-off feature to reduce noise and prolong the life of the fans. Basically on idle, they are 90% offline pretty much. So its normal.

Most likely the GPU keeps crashing due to a DAG overflow and that's why it fails to hash at all, nothing he can do except just disable the GPU or buy an 8GB or switch to a different OS.

The older GPUs they always had fans that spun at a min speed of like 20% or so, but the new GPUs they usually don't spin at all on idle.
Activity: 2
Merit: 1
Even if it's not hashing, it should spin at minimum speed except if the model is designed to spin at certain temp.

the following helped. set the screen resolution to 800x600, monitor emulator is connected.
or
need to do GPU0 - RX588 (8Gb) instead 4Gb

I have the same problem too. i will try to switch to linux.

You can try and set your -eres 1 and see if it makes a difference but the issue is that the GPU0 (basically the GPU in the main x16 pci 3.0 slot) loads more of the windows resources into the GDDR. Hence its on the brink of completely maxing out its capacity. Hence why your other GPUs are working.

If you have any GPUs that are >4GB then put those in the main GPU0 slot and each of your GPUs which are 4GB should still mine temporarily. However your time is limited, you can try Windows 7 or Linux and buy you more time.

However eventually you just gotta upgrade to the 8GB models to get around this.
Activity: 62

unpack program again

That solved it. I guess the archive was corrupted. I downloaded it again and it worked. Thank you

So I managed to actually run Clymore.
Now, the next problem is that some of the cards won't accept any straps. I have a rig with 12 RX570 and 580 cards. 8 of the cards work with - strap 1 applied to them with 30+mh, but the other 4 won't accept any strap from 1 to 4 and work with 24mh. I tried even with - POL4H1 to 4, but it's the same. As soon as Claymore starts applying straps to these cards the rig restarts.

the following helped. set the screen resolution to 800x600, monitor emulator is connected.
or
need to do GPU0 - RX588 (8Gb) instead 4Gb
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 5865
Self-proclaimed Genius

Hello. How to fix GPU0 problem on RX500s rigs 4Gb?
GPU0 - 0-1Mx
https://i.ibb.co/GsSMNS3/image.png
Activity: 288
Merit: 1
I can't run Claymore miner. I downloaded a fresh copy of Claymore v15.0, I copied my batch file, but when I run it it just closes. I tried running EthDcr....exe directly and it's the same. Running as an administrator also doesn't help. It's not Windows Defender. It's disabled from a group policy. I tried enabling it and adding Claymore to the exceptions, but it's the same. When I try to run EthDcr...exe from command prompt it just goes to a new line

unpack program again
Activity: 62
I can't run Claymore miner. I downloaded a fresh copy of Claymore v15.0, I copied my batch file, but when I run it it just closes. I tried running EthDcr....exe directly and it's the same. Running as an administrator also doesn't help. It's not Windows Defender. It's disabled from a group policy. I tried enabling it and adding Claymore to the exceptions, but it's the same. When I try to run EthDcr...exe from command prompt it just goes to a new line
https://i.postimg.cc/vZMjN6jt/1.jpg
Activity: 52
Please guys,help me undervolt vram on my RX 5700. I can not find the way of doing it! Maintaining high temps about 92-94
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
I am planning to use this on Antminer E3 from Bitmain. Wanted to know if the current release is compatible? If anyone is using E3 with the latest version, please let me know.  Smiley

You made my day  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
I am planning to use this on Antminer E3 from Bitmain. Wanted to know if the current release is compatible? If anyone is using E3 with the latest version, please let me know.  Smiley

E3 is an ASIC, you can't use the Claymore miner with it. It already has the miner software included in the firmware. Claymore is only for Windows and Linux users. Even though E3 operating system is unix, it still won't work because its an ASIC and not a GPU.

If you get an E3 , you will need to flash the firmware first because they no longer can mine ETH due to the high DAG. If you flash it you can get a few more months out of it and then once it gets closer to the 4GB limit, you will be out of luck.

So if its cheap enough, get it. However keep in mind that its days are numbered for mining ETH.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Activity: 1
Hi,

I restarted my 6 x 1070 NVIDIA rig after more than 12 months inactive, it was working fine last I used it.  Found I was getting DAG errors and quickly realised my 10.2 version of Claymore needed updating due to DAG limit.  Did this (to V15) and then got CUDA allocation errors which I resolved by extending virtual memory.
Claymore is now mining ethereum but only at stock card settings, it is ignoring the overclock settings I have in Afterburner.
I noticed that Claymore now has some sort of "strap" setting overclocking but I presumed if I didnt use this my Afterburner settings would take precedence, is this true?
I dont really want to change from using Afterburner as I previously spent a lot of time optimising each card in Afterburner.
legendary
lol someone is stealing my hash rate. on two rigs gpu 1 have a same hash rate of 1mh/s
Either is claymore or windows.

I guess they are 4GB GPUs, if so read a few pages back
Yes, you are right. I see, 4gb cards are outdated.

You can try and set your -eres 1 and see if it makes a difference but the issue is that the GPU0 (basically the GPU in the main x16 pci 3.0 slot) loads more of the windows resources into the GDDR. Hence its on the brink of completely maxing out its capacity. Hence why your other GPUs are working.

If you have any GPUs that are >4GB then put those in the main GPU0 slot and each of your GPUs which are 4GB should still mine temporarily. However your time is limited, you can try Windows 7 or Linux and buy you more time.

However eventually you just gotta upgrade to the 8GB models to get around this.
Activity: 84
Merit: 6
Try TeamRedMiner Ethash for a real hashrate.
Most popular pools do not even acknowledge TRM ... due to its instability as well as outrages fees - unless there’ no other miner available.

As for ETH and its lower dev fees compare to others - well ... due to its closed source, I don’t trust them!!
Activity: 7
lol someone is stealing my hash rate. on two rigs gpu 1 have a same hash rate of 1mh/s

Yes, you are right. I see, 4gb cards are outdated.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3

Pages:
Jump to: