Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 45. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
lol someone is stealing my hash rate. on two rigs gpu 1 have a same hash rate of 1mh/s
Either is claymore or windows.
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Hello,

I have an problem on my win 10 with AMD RX580, also i use the computer for normal use, internet chrome, mail ...

Before everything was perfect around 28-30 Mh but now when i boot the windows i'm good, but after some time with chrome and thunderbird open the rate go down to 8 mh,
even closing all soft don't change anything, i have to reboot the computer to get back the normal rate.

I use claymore 15 and the last AMD driver with the compute mode on.

Does anyone have eard about this ?
Turn off the hardware acceleration of chrome:
https://www.lifewire.com/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-4125122

I have done that, then reboot windows, everything was good, but this morning i'm at 17 mh.

I think like windows use the card for something then this make the rate going down ?
If you don't have integrated video buy some cheap card and set it as default:
https://pureinfotech.com/set-gpu-app-windows-10/
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Hello,

I have an problem on my win 10 with AMD RX580, also i use the computer for normal use, internet chrome, mail ...

Before everything was perfect around 28-30 Mh but now when i boot the windows i'm good, but after some time with chrome and thunderbird open the rate go down to 8 mh,
even closing all soft don't change anything, i have to reboot the computer to get back the normal rate.

I have done that, then reboot windows, everything was good, but this morning i'm at 17 mh.

I think like windows use the card for something then this make the rate going down ?
I don't think it yields twice the result though.

Agreed ... my assumption was based on their history of enhancements / speed updates and certain magical switches - since their Initial release.

I’m kind of “end-user” who believes with the right tools / skills nothing is impossible!
I am a little bit more acquainted in GPU programming so you can believe me that they don't have faster version than you have. Your suggestions are just a result of deep
misunderstanding of basic principles in computer technologies and programming like the memory throughput of GPU and how much memory (this is 8K bytes) is read to calculate one hash. Competition is a basic market principle that makes the customer gets the best quality for the lowest price. Otherwise your competitor will get your customers.

As my profile states, I am very newbie on this side - so for now - agreed and hope the next mining software will be announced by yourself.

As for competition discussion, I am actually a lot more acquainted in human nature who loves things with a shiny sticker that reads: FREE!

So, no matter how low CM and or any other mining software developer - including your upcoming software ask for, there will be always a huge percentage of us in this very forum complaining “how dare you ....” and ask for links to their FREE version - because humans are entitled to everything-free and or open-sourced so I can easily replace your wallet address with my own!
Sorry to disappoint you, there won't be next mining software from me. Can't beat Phoenix's kernels in speed and power consumption. Just wanted to assure you that you already have the best possible mining software in the universe (and other possible multi-universes) without any hidden magic tricks that the developers keep for themselves.

I was kidding ... but if you ever change your mind, you can count on my QA skills! Smiley

Claymore and PM both have hidden tricks to make you think you are getting the best possible hashrate - They both bump their hashrate by 1-3%.
Wink

Try TeamRedMiner Ethash for a real hashrate.
They may bump the value that they show but they are giving you the maximum theoretically and practically possible hashrate. I can bat you $1000000 USD on this.
At the start, they did it to "be faster" than the other.... But, its painfully obvious... its not the real hashrate.

And, so be it... if its the max available type deal, great... note it... don't continue to display it.
You don't have the max available deal, you have the totally absolutely max profitable hashrate deal  forever which couldn't be improved even if the Jesus get's back from heaven, learns to program and makes his own ETH miner.
Activity: 195
Merit: 4

Agreed ... my assumption was based on their history of enhancements / speed updates and certain magical switches - since their Initial release.

I’m kind of “end-user” who believes with the right tools / skills nothing is impossible!
I am a little bit more acquainted in GPU programming so you can believe me that they don't have faster version than you have. Your suggestions are just a result of deep
misunderstanding of basic principles in computer technologies and programming like the memory throughput of GPU and how much memory (this is 8K bytes) is read to calculate one hash. Competition is a basic market principle that makes the customer gets the best quality for the lowest price. Otherwise your competitor will get your customers.

As my profile states, I am very newbie on this side - so for now - agreed and hope the next mining software will be announced by yourself.

As for competition discussion, I am actually a lot more acquainted in human nature who loves things with a shiny sticker that reads: FREE!

So, no matter how low CM and or any other mining software developer - including your upcoming software ask for, there will be always a huge percentage of us in this very forum complaining “how dare you ....” and ask for links to their FREE version - because humans are entitled to everything-free and or open-sourced so I can easily replace your wallet address with my own!
Sorry to disappoint you, there won't be next mining software from me. Can't beat Phoenix's kernels in speed and power consumption. Just wanted to assure you that you already have the best possible mining software in the universe (and other possible multi-universes) without any hidden magic tricks that the developers keep for themselves.

I was kidding ... but if you ever change your mind, you can count on my QA skills! Smiley

Claymore and PM both have hidden tricks to make you think you are getting the best possible hashrate - They both bump their hashrate by 1-3%.
Wink

They may bump the value that they show but they are giving you the maximum theoretically and practically possible hashrate. I can bat you $1000000 USD on this.
At the start, they did it to "be faster" than the other.... But, its painfully obvious... its not the real hashrate.

And, so be it... if its the max available type deal, great... note it... don't continue to display it.

Wink

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

Wink

Hello,

Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Hello,

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

There aren't any developers that are carrying on the project as far as I know. Only modifying it to remove the devfee. I won't share those links because I feel that it would be inappropriate to do so. A simple Google search should be sufficient. In any case, I'm satisfied with what I'm using. Claymore or Phoenix. It doesn't matter. My current hashpower for my machines are only about 600MH/s so if they want to take 6MH/s each day for their efforts then I'm okay with that. That's literally ten cents a day. A measly ~$40 a year. My opinion is that the developers earned it whether they continue to work on it or not.
Look at it this way, if you made a program that earned you 1% of 188.86TH/s (so that'll be 1.8886) but let's say that Claymore is 60% and Phoenix is 40% so let's give Phoenix 0.75TH/s and Claymore the rest which is 1.81306TH/s. Let's convert that into profitability with zero cost or fees. 1,813,060MH/s He's earning no less than $1,182.71 an hour. Or $851,551.38 each month. So if you make over $10M a year by making a program that people are using without any issues what else do you need to do? You can't be forced to work. The dude is probably sitting on his own island fishing! Can you blame him? He saw an opportunity and he jumped on it! I'm actually quite envious. It just makes me respect the developers more. They don't need to play "free tech support" unless they want to. I doubt that we'll ever hear from either of them again and I'm perfectly okay with that. Let someone else step up and start a project. Surely there are more than 2 people in the world that can make a decent ethereum mining program. Then again, by the time they do we'll all probably be on PoS anyway.

Thank you for your time and sharing those numbers!

I was going to do similar and prove that not worth stealing from someone's hard work at the cost losing those developers - forever!

If it was easy, I'm sure we would have tons of mining software. It's not, obviously - not to mention, the next talented and brave soul, after seeing how people go nuts to hack his/her work to save a few pennies / month, they would think twice to give crap about wasting their time.

As for CM, PM, and others, I have a strong feeling they may have modified their codes to mine twice more than existing versions for their own pleasure!!

So, that's the price we all pay for being unfair, cheap and illogical!

I'm sure they have their own version of the software that they're not going to share. I don't think it yields twice the result though. Like OhGodAGirl with her ETHLargementPill program. She stated in an interview with JMS Vlogs that there's a version that works for Pascal GDRR5 VRAM cards but has never released it publicly. You don't hear about people getting pissy about that. I say time would be better spent hounding her to release it already. It's only been ~2 years now.

There aren't any developers that are carrying on the project as far as I know. Only modifying it to remove the devfee. I won't share those links because I feel that it would be inappropriate to do so. A simple Google search should be sufficient. In any case, I'm satisfied with what I'm using. Claymore or Phoenix. It doesn't matter. My current hashpower for my machines are only about 600MH/s so if they want to take 6MH/s each day for their efforts then I'm okay with that. That's literally ten cents a day. A measly ~$40 a year. My opinion is that the developers earned it whether they continue to work on it or not.
Look at it this way, if you made a program that earned you 1% of 188.86TH/s (so that'll be 1.8886) but let's say that Claymore is 60% and Phoenix is 40% so let's give Phoenix 0.75TH/s and Claymore the rest which is 1.81306TH/s. Let's convert that into profitability with zero cost or fees. 1,813,060MH/s He's earning no less than $1,182.71 an hour. Or $851,551.38 each month. So if you make over $10M a year by making a program that people are using without any issues what else do you need to do? You can't be forced to work. The dude is probably sitting on his own island fishing! Can you blame him? He saw an opportunity and he jumped on it! I'm actually quite envious. It just makes me respect the developers more. They don't need to play "free tech support" unless they want to. I doubt that we'll ever hear from either of them again and I'm perfectly okay with that. Let someone else step up and start a project. Surely there are more than 2 people in the world that can make a decent ethereum mining program. Then again, by the time they do we'll all probably be on PoS anyway.

Thank you for your time and sharing those numbers!

I was going to do similar and prove that not worth stealing from someone's hard work at the cost losing those developers - forever!

If it was easy, I'm sure we would have tons of mining software. It's not, obviously - not to mention, the next talented and brave soul, after seeing how people go nuts to hack his/her work to save a few pennies / month, they would think twice to give crap about wasting their time.

As for CM, PM, and others, I have a strong feeling they may have modified their codes to mine twice more than existing versions for their own pleasure!!

So, that's the price we all pay for being unfair, cheap and illogical!
Well, talking about heping people with his miner. Its a liitle not fair send it to unsupported voyage. If your are rich and happy why not give your code to some developers , let them continue after you with solving at least current issues ( 4Gb Ram GPUs, new GPUs support etc.)

Silently saing I dont give a f... . Hmmm.....

The code is already available on github. So if there was a developer that was inclined to continue they should be able to do so with little effort. To support this theory there are a few unofficial version of Claymore and PhoenixMiner that reduces or eliminates the devfee. Kind of a shitty move in my opinion.
d33z0r-reloaded and digitalpara for example. Perhaps you can find them and ask them to continue their work... if they don't mind the possibility of being sued for copyright infringement.
Making these mining programs isn't a simple task. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Developers have lives. They have professions, family, health issues, etc. They aren't genies that will just answer everyone's beck and call. So let's not look down on them for their absence. After all, it may be the very reason why they don't show up anymore. Who knows? They might still be active on this forum under a different user name. Wink

Please, point me , there mr. Claymore put the code of his miner for furfer dev.

I assume it was any message from him like " here guys , thats the code, go on with it, im giving all rights to anyone who wants it", but i suppose ive missed this message, right ?

Well let's say this:
It's open source on github. Some users have already used the existing code to remove the devfee. The software is still available despite the fact that the developer *could* force them to cease and desist based on copyrite but hasn't. So what would that tell you?

Still no links.

Links i found on github. Well, i think its has only Claymore miner in its name, but has no deal with original miner. IMHO obviously.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Well, talking about heping people with his miner. Its a liitle not fair send it to unsupported voyage. If your are rich and happy why not give your code to some developers , let them continue after you with solving at least current issues ( 4Gb Ram GPUs, new GPUs support etc.)

The code is already available on github. So if there was a developer that was inclined to continue they should be able to do so with little effort. To support this theory there are a few unofficial version of Claymore and PhoenixMiner that reduces or eliminates the devfee. Kind of a shitty move in my opinion.
d33z0r-reloaded and digitalpara for example. Perhaps you can find them and ask them to continue their work... if they don't mind the possibility of being sued for copyright infringement.
Making these mining programs isn't a simple task. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Developers have lives. They have professions, family, health issues, etc. They aren't genies that will just answer everyone's beck and call. So let's not look down on them for their absence. After all, it may be the very reason why they don't show up anymore. Who knows? They might still be active on this forum under a different user name. Wink

I assume it was any message from him like " here guys , thats the code, go on with it, im giving all rights to anyone who wants it", but i suppose ive missed this message, right ?

Well let's say this:
It's open source on github. Some users have already used the existing code to remove the devfee. The software is still available despite the fact that the developer *could* force them to cease and desist based on copyrite but hasn't. So what would that tell you?

Still no links.

Links i found on github. Well, i think its has only Claymore miner in its name, but has no deal with original miner. IMHO obviously.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Well let's say this:
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello guys, lately i have some problems with this miner, when start dev fee, and after start to mine for me, one of my card (its random always) make DAG file with very high ms , so this card start to mine with 10 mh/s (normaly is 29 mh/s). The cards are msi 570 gaming x 4gb, mining expanse.Any ideas why this happend ?
Pages:
Jump to: