Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 426. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I have about 36% CPU utilization and 46% memory utilization out of 8GB. I also noticed while testing individual groups of GPU's using the -di parameter to find the best -dcri values for blake2s, ETHman wasn't dropping the connection. As soon as ~10 GPU's are running the connection starts dropping. Could it be a problem with indexing?

You can start two miner instances with -di 012345 and -di 6789ab to confirm this idea.
As soon as OpenCL works with 12 GPUs, system starts to work slowly with sockets accepting.

I did some testing with your suggestion. When running up to 11 GPU's using the -di parameter, ETHman, (which is running on another rig) doesn't lose it's connection.  As soon as I start a second miner instance for the other two GPU's, the first instance losses it's connection to ETHman and it only reports for the second instance with the fewer number of GPU's. Running 12+ GPU's in a single miner instance also causes intermittent ETHman disconnects. Is a core i3 CPU not enough?

As i mentioned ETHman reporting on the rig was working fine until about 2 months ago, so maybe the Windows v1709 FCU or new drivers changed something.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Hello,
in last 4 moths my memory and core clock sometimes gets reseted to stock value, without any memory issues etc in HWID. Is this related to blokchain drivers?

My settings are done in afterburner 19 beta version. I did not overclocked to much, 1910/2010 sapphire nitro with 28.5mhs single mode mining.

Any thoughts?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi
how to min XVG Blak2s alone?
Thanks
Mego

From FAQ:

- How to mine Decred or Sia ONLY with this Ethereum Dual miner?
  No way. It is Ethereum miner with extra bonus coins. To mine extra coins only use other miners.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Hi
how to min XVG Blak2s alone?
Thanks
Mego
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I switched back to antminepool.  Hopefully when others join the blocks mined will get faster.
unimining had terrible rejected share rate. 20%+ and Claymore even disconnected from the pool cause of sheer number of bad shares. 
So antminepool is better because this is the first time I used zpool plus it says x amount confirmed but only pays half why wouldn't the pool payout the whole confirmed balanced
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
I switched back to antminepool.  Hopefully when others join the blocks mined will get faster.
unimining had terrible rejected share rate. 20%+ and Claymore even disconnected from the pool cause of sheer number of bad shares. 
donator
Miners developer
I have about 36% CPU utilization and 46% memory utilization out of 8GB. I also noticed while testing individual groups of GPU's using the -di parameter to find the best -dcri values for blake2s, ETHman wasn't dropping the connection. As soon as ~10 GPU's are running the connection starts dropping. Could it be a problem with indexing?

You can start two miner instances with -di 012345 and -di 6789ab to confirm this idea.
As soon as OpenCL works with 12 GPUs, system starts to work slowly with sockets accepting.
Added to FAQ because I got same question several times:

- EthMan loses rigs with 12 GPUs.
  Sometimes systems with 12 GPUs and low-end CPU become slow for remote access, you can see problems with EthMan and other remote management software.

My ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 RX 580 build has a Core i3 6100 CPU. ETHman is constantly losing it's connection. It was working fine until about 2 months ago. TeamViewer also works flawlessly.

In my tests I have problems with RDC, sometimes I cannot connect to this system. Attempts to understand the reason show that server socket does not accept incoming connections sometimes. For me it looks like lack of system resources. If I remove a couple of GPUs - everything is fine.

Activity: 51
Tried Antemine but with Claymore's new code it seems single mining is producing way better results than dual mining.  Getting 482 Mh/s for my 16 cards (580/570/480 mixed) vs 470 with dual mining on 11.0 or 470 on an older version of claymore.  my shares are alot more sporadic and lower when mining ethereum when I'm dual mining vs when I'm single mining ethereum. Haven't turned down any power settings and overclock is the same as it was before (stable).  Even with my DCRI turned down the shares are still very sporadic and low. Guess I'll have to do more testing.
Activity: 12
Until some of the big pools add XVG, there will be a lost of hassle with the smaller ones like Unimining. There is a lot of disconnection and rejected shares issues.

I think the connection there is very bad. I submitted shares and got reply 20s later and rejected my shares.

Same for me is there a solution for this please Huh!!!
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
I tried UniMining for a  couple of hours but too many rejected shares.

Switched to AntMinePool and so far so good (a couple of hours in this pool so far)
Activity: 49
Hi guys, Any good pool recommended algo Blake2s? Huh
donator
Miners developer

Sometimes systems with 12 GPUs and low-end CPU become slow for remote access, you can see problems with EthMan and other remote management software.

My ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 RX 580 build has a Core i3 6100 CPU. ETHman is constantly losing it's connection. It was working fine until about 2 months ago. TeamViewer also works flawlessly.

In my tests I have problems with RDC, sometimes I cannot connect to this system. Attempts to understand the reason show that server socket does not accept incoming connections sometimes. For me it looks like lack of system resources. If I remove a couple of GPUs - everything is fine.

donator
Miners developer

Activity: 6
Hi guys

Just for the note

on RX 580 nitro+ 8 gb i got 32.1 ether and 1800 XVG
on RX 580 nitro+ 4 gb i got 30.5 ether and 1500 XVG
on RX 580 pulse 8 gb i got 30.5 ether and 1600 XVG

DCRI 58

Happy Mining for everyone!

Nice... but and the temperature? If I put this power on my Rx 580 8gb Nitro, I burn my gpu! Wink

55-60 C i have 24 gpu everyone working perfect since 8 months ago  Wink

Ey how are you! how did you do that performance?
Activity: 2
5 GPU's at 1000w? Probably need more power.
Check your RAM? 4gb min and add virtual ram to include 16gb or your hard rive too.

1000W is plenty for 5 GPUs Eth only. with undervolt, 6 GPUs takes ~730W at the wall, so perhaps ~670W of PSU output. You could feasibly run 7 if there were enough connectors.

Dual mining different story, 1200-1300W PSU would be recommended.

thanks, but i have 1800w look at my post. RYXES does not see that i have 1000w + 800w

my problem is 'hangs on opencl call'  and now i dont know where i have to search Wink 

If it is saying that for a certain GPU, you need to turn down your overclocking.

Linux 16
I have noticed that a one of GPU might hang up and has 0 MH if:
- Has too overclocking bios: for example, RX580 8gb MSI with BIOS 31 mg/h with 6 GPU works unstable and gives the same average hash rate as with bios for 28 mg/h which works stable.
- unstable power. I mean deliver a quality of power. When I had bougt and install additional voltage regulator for all office rig starts work more stable.
- also, some of overclocking AMD GPU could prevent boot a PC.
Activity: 68
Until some of the big pools add XVG, there will be a lost of hassle with the smaller ones like Unimining. There is a lot of disconnection and rejected shares issues.

I think the connection there is very bad. I submitted shares and got reply 20s later and rejected my shares.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Firstly a big thankyou to Claymore - although I have a small rig of two cards its making a little money that helps me monthly (ok its only $50, but thats $50 I wouldnt have) I'm not a rich person and I am thankful.

I watch this thread and try to keep up to date with great interest and I downloaded Claymore v.11 last night.

The moment I opened the zip my Virus guard went off the rails.

Now at first I thought yup its quarantined the miner64.exe - but it hadnt, it showed a file Win32/ScarletFlash.A.

This is the first virus its found from any of the Claymores files.

Anyone know about this?

False Positive results are not uncommon. I have to rescue my Claymore  .EXE files (root + CUDA9. 1 are the ones that I need) because it blocks them because of the peer-to-peer activity.

I beta test for WebRoot and it is a known problem. Your choice with them, you just uncheck the blocks and enable the "leave alone" side.

Guys, you do know that you can set those five environment variables permanently and eliminate the lag running SETX five times at start-up each time, right?

Go into your Control Panel and set them and they will "stick". I know that on my little 7400 it takes a while to run that you can recoup with this simple process / fix.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Hi guys

Just for the note

on RX 580 nitro+ 8 gb i got 32.1 ether and 1800 XVG
on RX 580 nitro+ 4 gb i got 30.5 ether and 1500 XVG
on RX 580 pulse 8 gb i got 30.5 ether and 1600 XVG

DCRI 58

Happy Mining for everyone!

Nice... but and the temperature? If I put this power on my Rx 580 8gb Nitro, I burn my gpu! Wink

55-60 C i have 24 gpu everyone working perfect since 8 months ago  Wink

Wow, amazing, what config are you using for the 580 8gb Nitro? Cclock, mclock and voltage?
Jump to: