Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 508. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 10
Hello, I wanted to know if 10.2 is the latest version or is it 2017?

10.2 is current version, please check the first post in the thread.
Activity: 239

2 x Gigabyte GTX980ti 6GB cards (SLI enabled)
*no risers*

Appreciate all the help!! 

Try to disable SLI
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi,

Im running 2 x gigabyte rx 580 xtr 8gb oc cards, and have noticed the variables passed to claymore dont take effect on the second card. Is this common?

For example, ive tried this line (assuming same values should be applied to all cards?)

-cclock 1200 -mclock 2200 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 900

then tried this

-cclock 1200,1200 -mclock 2200,2200 -cvddc 900,900 -mvddc 900,900 (to assign each card specifically) and same thing happens both times.

My primary card gets the values set, but secondary just uses the default or the afterburner settings

Im mining dual eth + decred, tried claymore 10.1 and 10.2, win10 machine, and radeon driver - Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23

Any ideas on what it might be?

Try to delete afterburner.
Also I would recommend to ddu drivers and install 17.11.1 (nov 2) drivers and set settings to Compute.
Run claymore and see if its good, then install afterburner.

Thanks mate,

Have just tried radeon adrenaline 17.12.1 with compute setting on. without afterburner installed, claymore's doesnt change any settings now. including mem/core clock speeds? i tried 17.11.1 initially, however i was getting about 6mh lower than with the blockchain drivers.

Thanks
Activity: 2
Hi guys and gals!  New to mining and cc in general.  Followed instructions to setup a rig to mine Eth, but am getting a fatal error that I do not know how to fix.  I have searched through the forums, but have found the OTHER error I was getting (fans not detected).  Found out this was my Gigabyte GTX980ti cards that don't turn fans on until a certain temp.  That has been fixed with their OC app.  Now I am getting the following error:

Setting DAG epoch #158...
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU0
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU1
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU1
GPU1 DAG creation time - 5106 ms
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU1 done
GPU0 DAG creation time - 5098 ms
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU0 done
NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
GPU 1, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 30, unknown error
GPU 1, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 30, unknown error
GPU 0, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 0 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0 failed
NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)

Is there something that I am missing? Or something that I need to set? 

Here are my GPU settings:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JlI0kSPzdiwzYIRir0l2ede9R9GphZPl

I have tried using 10.2, 10 and 9.8 and have tried various drivers with each.  Last brief, successful attempt was on 9.8 with the recommended driver 368.81.  It appeared to run 3 transactions then failed.

Most recent attempt was 10 with the above driver and this was my result:

ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu1.ethermine.org:14444)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #158...
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU1
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU1
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU0 DAG creation time - 5027 ms
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU0 done
GPU1 DAG creation time - 5049 ms
Setting DAG epoch #158 for GPU1 done
ETH: 12/16/17-23:49:32 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:14444
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s
ETH: 12/16/17-23:49:36 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:14444
ETH - Total Speed: 5.396 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 2.709 Mh/s, GPU1 2.687 Mh/s
GPU0 t=43C fan=50%, GPU1 t=30C fan=59%
GPU 1 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed

Rig is:
Asus mobo
i7 6th Gen
32GB Ram
2 x Gigabyte GTX980ti 6GB cards (SLI enabled)
*no risers*

Appreciate all the help!! 
Activity: 3
Hi,

I often encounter the "Temperature control thread hangs, need to restart miner!"

Appreciate anyone to help..

would you know what causing this and how to prevent it? as I am loosing time in mining due to restarting.

Thank you!

Try to lower your clocks,

post your GPU hardware types and your existing clock configurations in order to help you more

Include also your OS and drivers your are using

My Details are:

Aferburner: 1070 Seahawk, i5-4460 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM
         Power limit  - 65%
         Temp limit  - 80 c
         Core Clock  - 0
         Mem Clock  - +650
         Fan Speed   - Auto
Im using WIN10 Enterprise - 64bit, Nvidia driver is 388.59, virtual memory is 16384 for both initial and maximum

heres how my .bat file looks like

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
_______________________________________________________________________________ _

Before when I was using the older claymore (10.0) and Win10 Home 64bit I didnt encounter this problem. Should I insert "-wd 0" to disable watchdog? will it still be safe when disabling watchdog?

Thank you!

Try to lower the mem clock at +500, increase your virtual mem to 16,000MB initial and 30,000MB max are you using Risers? if yes, try to replace them.

If you have multiple GPU, try to install single GPU only unto 16xPCIE slot for troubleshooting purpose.

Disabling -wd wont help, it will also freeze your system when GPU fails, I would suggest to look for the root cause of your problem.

If still wont work, try to reinstall ladrivers

I changed my mem clock to 0 and increased the page file. I don't use risers and have a single GPU connected to 16xPCIE. Updated with new drivers 388.59. And I still encounter "Temperature control thread hangs, need to restart miner!"

Apprently when Im mining ZEC and using EWBF miner I have no issues. I think 10.2 is bugged unless I am still doing something wrong in my configuations thats causing the error. Goona try reverting to 10.0. Question: Do I lose some performance issues when I revert back to 10.0? Difference of 10.0 with 10.2?

Appreciate yout help!
Thank yuo!
Activity: 5
Hello, I wanted to know if 10.2 is the latest version or is it 2017?
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Hi guys! I am planning to set-up a PC miner here's my specs below:
 Core i3 processor
 4GB memory
 2GB video card Nvidia gt730

is this specs good for mining or not?

Not for ethereum. You need at least 3GB on your card. CPU is overkill for mining too.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
Hi guys! I am planning to set-up a PC miner here's my specs below:
 Core i3 processor
 4GB memory
 2GB video card Nvidia gt730

is this specs good for mining or not?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
hi guys,

I just built a new rig, Fatal1ty H270 Performance with 4GB ram, I3 cpu and 6 x asus radeon rx 570 expedition oc

When I installed 2 cards first on their own in PCIe slots, then windows 10 etc , blockchain drivers plsu patchers I would get solid 27MH/s (BIOS moded on all cards).

then, I moved the mobo to open case and plugged all six GPUs in using PCIe risers, installed drivers etc, then used the patcher, I can see in GPUz all cards have correct drivers etc.

I run Claymore , it detects 6 cards, stars mining and all I get is 21mh/s

any idea what am I doing wrong please?

if you are using blockchain beta driver it will do better 22-24, or you can use drivers from 17.10.2 (you'll need to set "compute" mode for each card) 22-24MH and if you mod you'll get 28MH approx.

expedition is somehow better then Strix, yet its the slowest 570 I've got, here is a dozen on h110 btc+:

Are the new drivers compatible with Afterburner?

Do yourself a favor and don't use AB, especially with AMD cards. It's a poor choice of a tool.
Use overdriven tool instead
Activity: 91
Code:
lspci  | grep VGA 

shows its present
However, following shows no driver loaded for it ,
lshw -c video | grep configuration
Code:
letancy=0

on my rig it produces
Code:
       configuration: driver=amdgpu latency=0
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       configuration: driver=amdgpu latency=0
Probably you make a typo here, or else it is really an error.
can you see the cards with "atiflash -ai" ?
can you see your amdgpu cards with "clinfo"
try: clinfo|grep "Board name"
and: clinfo|grep "OpenCL"

mysterious for me
Activity: 24
is the 10.2 really better instead of v. 10.0? (I've a lot of RIGs and I don't waste time)

at the moment I've 31.5MH/s for ETH and 3004 for DCR for each RX580.

thank you in advance

Stay on 10.0 no point to update, performance wise 0 changes, security with -mport yes.

thank you!
Activity: 20
is the 10.2 really better instead of v. 10.0? (I've a lot of RIGs and I don't waste time)

thank you in advance

Stay on 10.0 no point to update, performance wise 0 changes, security with -mport yes.
Activity: 24

thank you in advance
Activity: 48
Just a quick question... I never put any special attention to this until now...

I have several rigs ETH only and several ETH + PASC

What makes me concerned is on some of them I have
myethwallet.rigname/email
on some
myethwallet/rigname/email

but when I check on nanopool all rigs are normally recognized... is this ok? Both symbols are acceptable?
Also on some examples I found online... I see dot slash and on some slash slash...

What is correct?

Thanks!

You answered your own question , since in both format they are recognized properly, both way are supported. But I suggest you to always follow example given by POOL where you are mining.

Thank you so much for your confirmation Smiley I have seen a lot of difference start.bat-s ethnanopool but ok, Important thing is I can see my miners, I can see hashrate, I got payouts... so everything is correct then.

Thanks!
Activity: 206
Merit: 20

on some

but when I check on nanopool all rigs are normally recognized... is this ok? Both symbols are acceptable?
Also on some examples I found online... I see dot slash and on some slash slash...

What is correct?

Thanks!

You answered your own question , since in both format they are recognized properly, both way are supported. But I suggest you to always follow example given by POOL where you are mining.
Activity: 48

on some

What is correct?

Thanks!

Hello all. Now I can mine on Windows platform only. Originally I was using Linux version, then I booted up into Windows for GPU tuning (memory overclock + undervolt), GPU is stable but since that I'm able to mine only on Windows. When I boot up back to Linux after starting miner it reports only 1532MB of RAM or less (last time only 753MB). Booting up to Windows again there is no problem and miner can see enough of GPU memory and starts mining. I tried to reinstall AMDPRO GPU driver but it did not solve the problem. I'm playing with RX560 with 4GB.

Please any idea what could have happened on the Linux?

May be you should give more information like what GPU, what driver installed etc.
to know the package relative to amdgpu try
" dpkg -l| grep amdgpu|grep -v ubuntu16"
(the grep -v ubuntu16 is because some adgpu libs are from core ubuntu, not amdgpu-pro. check each name)
but there are also many other pakage related but without the name
then do somethin like
"dpkg --purge amgdpu-core amdgpu-pro-core  amdgpu-dkms ... and so on"
or if you are lazy and feel lucky (check the list generated before)
"dpkg --purge `dpkg -l| grep amdgpu|grep -v ubuntu| awk '{ print $2;}'` "
check if there are pachage with failed dependencies with
"apt-get install"
if there are, purge them too...

and then reinstall (--opencl=legacy and probably --headless unless you use X11 on your GPU).

I have a Sapphire RX580, so it should work...

It was amdgpu-pro 17.40.xxx installed on my system. I removed it. And installed amdgpu-pro 17.50.xxx with --opencl=legacy and --headless . However, after reboot my card is not recognized at all. It is mdded AsusRX580 , on windows dual boot , same system its giving +29.3.

Code:
lspci  | grep VGA 

shows its present

However, following shows no driver loaded for it ,
lshw -c video | grep configuration

Code:
letancy=0

Now I am in a fix, I want it to work work on linux only, windows is there only modding things as of now. 

Any idea what went wrong ?

Activity: 10
Hi,

Im running 2 x gigabyte rx 580 xtr 8gb oc cards, and have noticed the variables passed to claymore dont take effect on the second card. Is this common?

For example, ive tried this line (assuming same values should be applied to all cards?)

-cclock 1200 -mclock 2200 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 900

then tried this

-cclock 1200,1200 -mclock 2200,2200 -cvddc 900,900 -mvddc 900,900 (to assign each card specifically) and same thing happens both times.

My primary card gets the values set, but secondary just uses the default or the afterburner settings

Im mining dual eth + decred, tried claymore 10.1 and 10.2, win10 machine, and radeon driver - Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23

Any ideas on what it might be?

Try to delete afterburner.
Also I would recommend to ddu drivers and install 17.11.1 (nov 2) drivers and set settings to Compute.
Run claymore and see if its good, then install afterburner.
Activity: 1
Hello all. Now I can mine on Windows platform only. Originally I was using Linux version, then I booted up into Windows for GPU tuning (memory overclock + undervolt), GPU is stable but since that I'm able to mine only on Windows. When I boot up back to Linux after starting miner it reports only 1532MB of RAM or less (last time only 753MB). Booting up to Windows again there is no problem and miner can see enough of GPU memory and starts mining. I tried to reinstall AMDPRO GPU driver but it did not solve the problem. I'm playing with RX560 with 4GB.

Please any idea what could have happened on the Linux?
Jump to: