Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 505. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
https://imgur.com/iwiIE5B

Can somebody point me out the reason why every now and then I get a 23 Mh/s readings? This is constant. Like every 15 reading is 23Mh/s and not 29 mh/s which is getting the average number down...

Card is a ROG STRIX 580 8GB (testing the card in a separate computer at the moment). Bios modded. Under clock ( 930mV, 1100/2150 @ 98w), mining driver installed - what am I missing?

Thank in an advance! 
Activity: 24
Ursul0,

Nice setup) Did you use biostar BTC pro board? I have 1 rig with H110 BTC with 13 gpu where 7 are GTX 1060 and 6 are RX570. While MSI AB recognizes 7 NV gpu I use sapphire trixx to manually decrease voltage for amd cards. All of my cards are flashed to 0.9v but under load voltage jumps from 0.87-0.97 depending on cards. On the other rig with 6 or 7 RX570 and MSI AB using the same modded 0.9v bios all cards hold steady 0.9v.

How do you keep your 12 cards at a firm 0.85v?)

Regards
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
Is there anyone get " Temperature control thread hangs". I have 2 rigs with working claymore. One of SMOS,one of Win 10. I have this issue every rig last days.

Its issue with latest AMD drivers, have pointed out by Claymore couple of posts back.
Activity: 616
Merit: 259
Is there anyone get " Temperature control thread hangs". I have 2 rigs with working claymore. One of SMOS,one of Win 10. I have this issue every rig last days.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I have not used Claymore in a few months, and have made some adjustments to my rigs in that time.

I am running it perfectly on my 6x GTX 1070 in dual Ubiq & SIA. When I try run on my other rig, which is 7x GTX 1070 though, I get about 5 minutes or so before it crashes with an error:

GpuMiner cu+k01 failed 73, an illegal instruction was encountered

I have turned the overclocking to pretty modest settings to see if it is that, but it should be just fine.

Anyone seen the above and know how to address it?

What is the best driver, CUDA version and so on for mining with NVIDIA cards, particularly the GTX 1070? I am running CUDA 7.5 and the GeForce 372.54 drivers.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
Claymore v10.2

Miner is going 00 hashrate often.
In one of the Nvidia only rig I have :
Code:
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 74, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:57
ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s
 SC - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 29, Rejected: 0
 SC: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s
ETH: 12/20/17-03:45:07 - New job from eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999
 SC - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 29, Rejected: 0
 SC: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s
ETH: 12/20/17-03:45:11 - New job from eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999

Dual Mining Eth+SC, 3x Nvidia 1060 6GB , often miner goes into above mode, even though I have set -r 1 (reboot on issue) and also -minspeed 50 , but doesn't restart even after 5 mins of 00 hash. Can confirm from nanopool state that it was more than 5 min interval still restart didn't happen. But restart feature is working fine if there is some GPU error.

Why my mining is going to 00 MHs at first and then claymore is not restarting ?
(also have tried with claymore10, same result)
I agree that RX570/580 is very good on the LBRY when dual mining with ETH, but for me its not worth it.  Too much electricity, too much problems if you have 6+ GPUs and your electrical system is not scaled for this.
dual mine vs electricity usage Works much more efficient on nvidias. But thats my opinion. That is why I dont dual mine on my ATIs, only on my Nvidia.

example:  RX570 - single mine ether, 125Watts,  dual mine ether+lbry  goes to 180-185watts.
Nvidia 1060 stuck at 85-90 watts (with lower TDP but still efficient mining hashrate).  dual mine eth+lbry.

According to WTM, I lose about 4% of my ETH profit if I dual mine because of the electricity difference but I get about 15% more from LBRY, so 11% more profit in dual mining. I live in Canada and electricity is cheap that's why. I think I have enough power in my circuit for only 4 cards but I might have other issues like wiring and stuff. Because logically 4 cards should not make lights flash
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
I agree that RX570/580 is very good on the LBRY when dual mining with ETH, but for me its not worth it.  Too much electricity, too much problems if you have 6+ GPUs and your electrical system is not scaled for this.
dual mine vs electricity usage Works much more efficient on nvidias. But thats my opinion. That is why I dont dual mine on my ATIs, only on my Nvidia.

example:  RX570 - single mine ether, 125Watts,  dual mine ether+lbry  goes to 180-185watts.
Nvidia 1060 stuck at 85-90 watts (with lower TDP but still efficient mining hashrate).  dual mine eth+lbry.
120Volts (USA) x 15 A fuse.  1800watts.
you can safely load up to 80% which is roughly 1450 Watts.  Anything above you risk.

Do not forget that you may have other things on this fuse as well, it is not per socket, but per room or rooms.

RX580 Dual mine is power hungry and is using way too much. 
Try single mining and you should be ok.

tadeus1  Right! so in your opinion it's not worth it to dual mine? I do ETH + LBRY.
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
120Volts (USA) x 15 A fuse.  1800watts.
you can safely load up to 80% which is roughly 1450 Watts.  Anything above you risk.

Do not forget that you may have other things on this fuse as well, it is not per socket, but per room or rooms.
i.e. even if you use two sockets in the same room, they would be on the same fuse/breaker.  Sometimes even 2 rooms can share this 15A (i.e. 1x 15A for 2 bedrooms)

RX580 Dual mine is power hungry and is using way too much.  
Try single mining and you should be ok.
Hi!

I am dual mining ETH + LBRY and it seems that my rig lacks electricity to work well. After a few minutes, lights start flashing and the rig is hashing very poorly. I don't have this issue with Sgminer.

I don't understand as I only have 8 x RX 570 4GB at 950 vlt so it should not exceed a 15A circuit. I even tried to split 4 cards on one breaker and the other 4 on another one.

Any suggestion? Thanks.
8 RX570 dual mining @.95V should draw up to 1600-1700W, 15A@110V.

Do you know what home wiring you have? Copper/Aluminium, wire gauge? Grab a power meter and check the consumption.
Lights flash because the voltage drops. It's a potential fire hazard (voltage drops, power stays the same, current increases, wires heat up).

Thank you for your answer Victorio! Wow I was not expecting it to be that high! I have no clue about the wiring unfortunately. If the voltage drops it means there could be an issue with wiring or something else with the electricity? Sorry I am kind of noob with electricity haha. But with only 4 cards on a breaker the lights should not be flashing no? I mean it should be max 850W.

Thanks.
Activity: 281
Hi!

I am dual mining ETH + LBRY and it seems that my rig lacks electricity to work well. After a few minutes, lights start flashing and the rig is hashing very poorly. I don't have this issue with Sgminer.

I don't understand as I only have 8 x RX 570 4GB at 950 vlt so it should not exceed a 15A circuit. I even tried to split 4 cards on one breaker and the other 4 on another one.

Any suggestion? Thanks.
8 RX570 dual mining @.95V should draw up to 1600-1700W, 15A@110V.

Do you know what home wiring you have? Copper/Aluminium, wire gauge? Grab a power meter and check the consumption.
Lights flash because the voltage drops. It's a potential fire hazard (voltage drops, power stays the same, current increases, wires heat up).
Hi!

Any suggestion? Thanks.
Activity: 281
Any chance of dual mining eth and cryptonight?

I would not imagine it could be possible without significant downgrade in performances of both.
I remember Wolf0 to claim in Eminer (another Ethash miner) topic that he works on a private dual miner for Ethash+Cryptonote.

Is it possible to just mine the '2nd' coin with claymore?

I want to straight mine decred on a few cards rather than run eth+decred.
No, Claymore supports the dual coins only additionally to Ethereum. Solo mining Decred via sgminer or ccminer is less profitable for AMD Polaris, I've run benchmarks.
IDK about other cards.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
90*c is good, right?
Is it possible to just mine the '2nd' coin with claymore?

I want to straight mine decred on a few cards rather than run eth+decred.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Any chance of dual mining eth and cryptonight?

I would not imagine it could be possible without significant downgrade in performances of both.
The reason dual mine is possible with eth is that this algorithm is memory read intensive, so I presume claymore works this way: during the times that core is waiting to get data from a memory read (during all mem latency clocks)  it actually hashes other non-memory intensive algorithms.
And Cryptonote is somehow both core and mem intensive
overdriven tool keeps my polarises where I want them.

and well... yeah. the 17.12.1 makes temps & fans speeds invisible to claymore.
I'm no worried though(even too lazy to downgrade drv version) as there no reason for me to use claymore for polarises fan control/temps in the first place:)

P.S. this forum is half dead ..too much crowd here...

OC settings does not work with 17.50 (17.12)

I did not found any other utility that can set OC for AMD graphic cards from commandline in windows (or linux)

you should try overdriven tool for windows: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/
it works just fine for my AMDs
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
who can help me?
i own 18x 1060 3gb

i always mined eth or whatever ethash alghorytm with this cards

lately about 20 days or so.. i get big drops hashrates why?

i have 4 rigs and all do the same i tried with overclock, stock, low overclock, changing drivers, i treid all, but i get big drops.

1 rig does 143mh (24.7mh *6) about, every 1 or 2 minutes claymore say 80mh and the cards show they are doing 13mh why? this happen with 4 rigs and never happened before there i s some reason of this?
in the pool i cant see a constant hashrate but high and low hashrate.
thanks who can help me

Double up the PSUs on one of the rigs and see if that stops it, PSU & GPU power efficiency can drop significantly as they age.

no problem with gpu

i have 4 rigs and all have hasrate drops
^^^ Windows has an 8 GPU limit, use Linux.
This is not the case anymore since 17.10.1 drivers, please do not confuse people
Jump to: