Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 517. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 100
On another note... Who here mines with Nicehash to be paid in BTC? Was by far most profitable mining for me... Is there an alternative to nicehash that I can keep using through Claymore?
MiningPoolHub has auto algo switch with Auto Exchange option. Connect to the Ethash port and it will switch among Ethash forks.
Another option is mining directly to an exchange address, where you set auto sell for the mined coin. You can use a pool-switching app, to mine different coins on the same algo.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Check your risers they be burned.

are you sure that "burned raiser" is not an urban legend?
bad molex contacts is something I encounter very often, but actually burned raiser is something that I haven't seen yet, but then maybe I'm just that good Smiley

Yeah I had a burned molex (peripheral cables)... It actually burned out on the PSU itself and damaged one of my outputs. Have just ordered a new cable from corsair and used a different output... What could have caused this? Can I do anything to prevent it? Could a claim be made vs corsair for warranty on my 1200w PSU?

How many things did you have plugged into your molex line?  Did you use a corsair cable or a different brand?

3 RX480's N+ 4GB on each with the final socket unused. Corsair that came with it

That was your problem, you can only put a maximum of 2 on a single molex cable or you risk burning.

So what I should only have 2 on a 4-6 adapter? I mean its worked for over a year no problem but then its burned it. Because its damaged the slot on the PSU I also now don't have enough slots to buy extra cable and extend it.

Whats the other option? I'm not even sure what to call the adapters I could use as replacement. The peripheral cables were hard enough to find and had to go corsair directly for it :/

On another note... Who here mines with Nicehash to be paid in BTC? Was by far most profitable mining for me... Is there an alternative to nicehash that I can keep using through Claymore?
This program will work on my computer with features 5gb ram, 2gb graphics card?  Huh
Most probably - no.
The only profitable 2GB graphics cards that are able to mine are:
AMD RX460, RX560
nVidia GTX 1050
Yet you would be limited to ETH-forks with small DAG file - Ubiq, Expanse, Musicoin, etc.
It's not worth it.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I prefer to avoid Molex and SATA connectors at all....
Crossing my fingers, I have good experience with molex plugged directly on Corsair PSU cables.
Quality is the key.
what causes this tho ? poor wire quality or bad PSU ? i have one of my PSU 24 pin one burned liked half of it few months ago.
Powered risers use up to 5 A (AMD RX, nVidia Pascal cards), usually - about 3-3.5 A.
I prefer to avoid Molex and SATA connectors at all. The pins and terminals for 4 pin Molex are round and they do not fit 100%. It happens that 1-2 out of 4 Molex pins are not fully inserted into the terminals and the contact surface is barely sufficient. When the contact surface becomes tiny, the resistance increases and the contact heats, until it burns. Cheap cords and adapters from China are much more prone to this problem - the cable does not match the declared AWG rating (a cheap cable labeled as 18AWG turns to be 22AWG and holds only 1/2 of the expected current), the wire is steel instead of copper, the terminals are shallowly crimped, not soldered - a lot of weak points that might fry your equipment.
For ATX PSUs I recommend double-checking the fit of all Molex connectors.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

bad molex contacts is something I encounter very often, but actually burned raiser is something that I haven't seen yet, but then maybe I'm just that good Smiley

"If you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough."

Here is a pic of one of my failed risers, I usually caught them before they went this far, but this is an extreme example.

Thats a molex burn, exactly what the guy pointed out - that molexes burn, not risers.
what causes this tho ? poor wire quality or bad PSU ? i have one of my PSU 24 pin one burned liked half of it few months ago.
Activity: 1
Hello.
Need help.

i've got 8x1070 and 5x580.

When i start Claymore...

POOL/SOLO version
GPU #0: algorithm ASM
GPU #1: algorithm ASM
GPU #2: algorithm ASM
GPU #3: algorithm ASM
GPU #4: algorithm ASM

ANd the miner freezes and windows.

Tried to use 2x bat files one for AMD and one for NVIDIA (using -platform 1 and -platform 2 config)
All start but i get "bind failed with error: 10048 (port for remote management is busy, use different -mport value), next attempt in 20sec..." in one of the brands.

all i want is start all GPUs at the same time.
What could i do?

If i use only 3 rx 580 i've got no problem.

For this one you need to use -mport in one bat and -mport in other bat. Say -mport 3333 and -mport 4444

if AMD exceeds 11 cards. how to separate? -di 0123456789 only 10cards.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Hello!
This program will work on my computer with features 5gb ram, 2gb graphics card?  Huh

No.
Activity: 76
Merit: 2
Claymore,

I have a minor bug report (or maybe an improvement suggestion) for the Web interface of EthMan.
The "More Details" button currently links to "http://:PORT/detail".
Can you please change it to just "/detail", omitting the :PORT ?
This will allow to maintain proper URL in case if special routing / DNS name is used to access the web page.

Thanks!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.
Hello!
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Here is a pic of one of my failed risers, I usually caught them before they went this far, but this is an extreme example.

Thats a molex burn, exactly what the guy pointed out - that molexes burn, not risers.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Activity: 7
Hello all

I'm having a nightmare with Claymore. Can anyone help?
So ive 4x AMD RX480s (Crimson 16.9.2) and 2x Nvidea 1070s running on Windows 10. I've removed the overclocking if that matters

Im using Claymore 10.2:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal ./ -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10

It works fine when benchmarking
EthDcrMiner64.exe -benchmark 1

But when i try and mine, i get:
GPU4, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed4, unspecified launch failure
GPU5, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed4, unspecified launch failure
GPU4, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU5, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU4 failed
GPU5 failed
... repeats above...
WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner Sad

Sometimes is 3 and 4, the numbers seem to change.

Can anyone help please

W
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Yeah I had a burned molex (peripheral cables)... It actually burned out on the PSU itself and damaged one of my outputs. Have just ordered a new cable from corsair and used a different output... What could have caused this? Can I do anything to prevent it? Could a claim be made vs corsair for warranty on my 1200w PSU?

How many things did you have plugged into your molex line?  Did you use a corsair cable or a different brand?

3 RX480's N+ 4GB on each with the final socket unused. Corsair that came with it

That was your problem, you can only put a maximum of 2 on a single molex cable or you risk burning.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114

Are you using SATA to 4-pin/6-pin power adapters?  If so then most likely that's the reason.  Most of the bundled SATA to 6-pin/4-pin converters are of cr@p quality. 
They are not crimped but are molded.  At high temperatures the molds basically starts to melt and can short the wires. 

Avoid any SATA -> xyz power adapters.  Use molex splitters.  They might look flimsy but are constructed better than any other molded SATA connectors. 
Also avoid loading more than higher number of gpus (using splitters) on single molex cable.

p.s. The SATA cables that come bundled with PSU's are crimped and not molded so they're good. 

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

Activity: 1
Which is the best driver to use with fall creators update?? I am using Rx 480/580 cards...

blockchain driver
Jump to: