Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 548. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Got incorrect temperature 511, ignore

I can not find out which card caused this error. Can you add di number to that kind of log Claymore?

Thanks
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Finally happy with latest 17.10.3 drivers (rigs are quite stable) with one exception - I use Claymore's settings for voltages and frequencies (not AfterBurner or something similar) and have to run it twice. This is because of low hashrate after first start for some cards - cards start with 23-25MH, but after stopping the miner and running it again they sdstart at normal rate. It is a clue for me.

I am on windows 10 FCU on using AMD 17.10.2 drivers on a H110 board with 6x 470s and 4x 570s.  When I load Claymore 10.1 it doesn't accept my overclocks (I overclock from the config file not Afterburner) then it does accept it the second time I start it, if i ret restarting it a 3rd time it freezes my rig.  Not sure if this is a Claymore of driver issue :/
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Another vote up for 17.10.3 driver.
I did windows 10 reinstall with new driver, compute option on.
Clocks up and I am getting stable +2MH per card dual mining with 850mv
Stable overnight, which never happened before with blockchain drivers. It feels like a miracle after spending many hrs trying to stabilize RX 580 Nitro+ with blockchain drivers.

Are you using Win 10 FCU?
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Finally happy with latest 17.10.3 drivers (rigs are quite stable) with one exception - I use Claymore's settings for voltages and frequencies (not AfterBurner or something similar) and have to run it twice. This is because of low hashrate after first start for some cards - cards start with 23-25MH, but after stopping the miner and running it again they sdstart at normal rate. It is a clue for me.

I’m doing this as well... but in my case 3 times restarting Claymore to get the configs.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Ok, so I've nearly got there.

Claymore 10 is working better for me than 10.1. What I have now is a situation where voltages, clocks etc stay perfectly stable provided I use GPUz to monitor (hwinfo seems to reset voltages oddly).

So with 1150/2000 and 810 as my settings, I'm getting 29.7mhs and hovering around 100-110w per card. Great!

But there's a catch. I can only set these clocks in overdriveN tool, which is ok, but now I have to figure out how to set it that the profile is applied on startup
Getting closer with my overclocking problems.

I can now run it stable using V10, not V10.1. Problem is, I still can't set clock values in config without a crash, and, if i set them with OverdriveN, they only stay for a minute or two before resetting back to the stock voltages. The clocks, however, stay the same.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
For now I can say that FCU + 17.10.3 seems to work well compared to all drivers tested previously.
Unfortunately for me OC with claymore does not work: win 10 bluescreen, video TDR error.
I have to use OverdriveNTool for my MSI 580 gaming X and wattman for my ASUS R9 280x on same rig.

Are you using v10 or v10.1?

I'm using the former and it is working flawlessly on 8 of my Nitros.

is the fan control working for you. I use the same combination FCU + 17.10.3 + v10.0 and one of my cards the fan just starts and stops randomly even though I set the minimal speed to be 1000 rpm in wattman. Another problem is the fan and temp settings in wattman would reset to default values if I restart the rig. It is weird because only one out of six cards showed the fan start/stop symptom.

Yes, fan settings work fine if the cards are not NVIDIA. Try setting all:  -tstop -tt -fanmin -fanmax. Take a look at the miner's readme.txt file for details.
Running 10.1, W10 Pro with FCU. Any ideas?
What are your GPUs, driver version and your miner's configuration?

GPUs are MSI RX580 4Gb
Drivers are August 23rd Blockchain ones
Start.bat reads as follows (config matches):
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe
-epool us1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal filled in with my ewal address
-epsw x
-retrydelay 10
-mode 1
-allpools 1
-estale 0
-tstop 80
-fanmin 25
-fanmax 95
-mclock 1150
-cclock 2000
-cvddc 820
-mvddc 820

Trying it all again at the moment. Part of me thinks it's because I manually installed the drivers. Doing safe mode, DDU, installing drivers with 1 gpu connected as display, going to test.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
I found a small bug in last Claymore's Manager 3.5: some time later after app is minimised to tray, website shows some or all rigs in red colour like there's some fault, but all numbers are OK. if I restore manager from tray, rigs become black in browser. I guess something happens to a rig (e.g. hashrate drop), than it restores, but Manager "forgets" to reset warning status upon restoring from tray (or is it a feature to review faults??)
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
try to use overdriven tool, it works well with 17.10.3 even better then watttool was - you can keep all your card profiles in a sinlge file - much cleaner and easier to manage this way.
Activity: 27
what is it FCU?)

FCU = Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
For now I can say that FCU + 17.10.3 seems to work well compared to all drivers tested previously.
Unfortunately for me OC with claymore does not work: win 10 bluescreen, video TDR error.
I have to use OverdriveNTool for my MSI 580 gaming X and wattman for my ASUS R9 280x on same rig.

@greatauror28
Thank you so much for the hint!
I was using the 10.1, now I tried with 10 and overclock/undervolt settings works fine, same hashrate Grin
Activity: 57
Activity: 19
Activity: 12

is the fan control working for you. I use the same combination FCU + 17.10.3 + v10.0 and one of my cards the fan just starts and stops randomly even though I set the minimal speed to be 1000 rpm in wattman. Another problem is the fan and temp settings in wattman would reset to default values if I restart the rig. It is weird because only one out of six cards showed the fan start/stop symptom.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Stable overnight, which never happened before with blockchain drivers. It feels like a miracle after spending many hrs trying to stabilize RX 580 Nitro+ with blockchain drivers.

Woot woot! That makes us two then!

FCU+17.10.3+Nitros seems like a good mix! Grin
does the 17.10.3 drivers include the dag fix or you just get better rates with win 10 FCU and 17.10.3 together just trying to see if I should reinstall windows with the newest drivers for my rigs
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner

Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner

Woot woot! That makes us two then!

FCU+17.10.3+Nitros seems like a good mix! Grin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I can confirm the new Afterburner 4.4.0 final is NOT working with the 17.10.3 drivers. All overclocking parameters are grayed out. Went back to the blockchain drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html
Jump to: