Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 545. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I don't get the point of people mentioning again and again about using 17.11.1 with FCU and how that has problems!

All drivers 17.11.1 - 17.10.2 - 17.10.3 HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS.
Sometimes Compute mode is not turning on, sometimes it turns on but crashes and Afterburner support is broken.

GET OVER IT and install Beta Blockchain Driver 23 August and enjoy using AB, Claymore etc in FCU no problem!

Do you care for release notes with official support but in practise BROKEN drivers??

or

You prefer to use the BETA "unofficially" and have a working miner??
Activity: 234
Merit: 2
Hello

I also have stable running win10 1709, Clayrmore 10.1, beta blockchain drivers and afterburner 4.4.0 (not beta), mining eth + lbry

My rig is running with beta driver stable,but i meen new 17.11. will do?  Just asking if needs to upgrade to it? Anyone tried this combination?
Activity: 4
No idea what went wrong in your system.  Huh

I also have AB working fine too...

That's because you're using the blockchain drivers. The new Crimson relive drivers with the Compute toggle that support the FCU don't work with Afterburner.

I have this situation. any ideas how to make it work (how can i fix afterburn)? I couldn't find any newer atikmdag patcher than 1.4.5. (I also updated windows)
Activity: 87
Hello

I also have stable running win10 1709, Clayrmore 10.1, beta blockchain drivers and afterburner 4.4.0 (not beta), mining eth + lbry
Activity: 234
Anyone tried new AMD 17.11. driver?

works ok, to me

My concern is mostly about if it works with msi afterburner 4.4.0
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
No idea what went wrong in your system.  Huh

That's because you're using the blockchain drivers. The new Crimson relive drivers with the Compute toggle that support the FCU don't work with Afterburner.
No idea what went wrong in your system.  Huh

Sorry to disagree but i have FCU update + all recent updates since it was released + 23Aug Blockchain drivers = All working great 0 issues.

I type this from that very system with 30 tabs open on Chrome + Claymore 10.1 mining stable ETH+ LBRY on the background...

That was definitely not my experience when I did a clean install of Windows 10 v1709 and tried using the blockchain drivers after I couldn't get the Crimson Relive drivers that support the FCU to work with Afterburner.

In any case from a mining standpoint, there is no benefit in updating to v1709 if you are using the blockchain drivers, which don't support the FCU. That's why I'm sticking with v1703 until a stable release of the Crimson relive compute drivers is out.
Sorry to disagree but i have FCU update + all recent updates since it was released + 23Aug Blockchain drivers = All working great 0 issues.

I type this from that very system with 30 tabs open on Chrome + Claymore 10.1 mining stable ETH+ LBRY on the background...
I'm using the AMD blockchain drivers with Afterburner on Windows 10 Pro v1703 and it works fine. If you updated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (v1709), that may be your problem as the blockchain drivers don't support the FCU.

I'm using the Aug 23 Blockchain driver on several rigs running v1709. FCU will replace the driver but you can remove 17.7.2 (or whatever FCU installs) and reinstall Aug 23 Blockchain driver.

But, if I wan't to try Claymore 10.1, do I have to disable antivirus completly? Windows defender says \cuda7.5\EthDcrMiner64.exe
is a Trojan called Tiggre!plock

I also want to try 17.10.2 or above. In order to enable "compute" I will have to install AMD settings and thus Wattman will be installed. But does not Wattman interfere with other oc and monitoring software like Afterburner and OverdriveNTool? I installed 17.10.2 and OverdriveNTool is unable to set the clocks and voltages. Wattman works but it's not the ideal tool.

Since the blockchain drivers don't support the Creators fall update, there is no point in updating to v1709. The blockchain drivers install and worked for me on v1709, but it makes the Windows UI very unstable e.g. you can't select the Taskbar icons or Windows menu. If you want to stick with the blockchain drivers, it's best to stay on v1703 and defer the Windows feature updates in the Group policy editor until a stable version of the new Crimson Relive compute toggle drivers is out.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update ==> Defer Windows Updates ==> Select when Feature Updates are received

There you can defer Windows version updates for up to one year.

While in the Group Policy Editor, you can also keep Windows Update from updating the the drivers.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

Completely disabling Windows Update is unnecessary and opens your network to zero days.

The release notes for the Crimson Relive 17.11.1 driver that is out also mention the new drivers have a known issue with 12 GPU's in compute mode.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.1-Release-Notes.aspx

A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
Activity: 15
Is there a command to show how much power the cards are pulling? (like the --pec command in EWBF)
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
I'm using the AMD blockchain drivers with Afterburner on Windows 10 Pro v1703 and it works fine. If you updated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (v1709), that may be your problem as the blockchain drivers don't support the FCU.

I'm using the Aug 23 Blockchain driver on several rigs running v1709. FCU will replace the driver but you can remove 17.7.2 (or whatever FCU installs) and reinstall Aug 23 Blockchain driver.

But, if I wan't to try Claymore 10.1, do I have to disable antivirus completly? Windows defender says \cuda7.5\EthDcrMiner64.exe
is a Trojan called Tiggre!plock

I also want to try 17.10.2 or above. In order to enable "compute" I will have to install AMD settings and thus Wattman will be installed. But does not Wattman interfere with other oc and monitoring software like Afterburner and OverdriveNTool? I installed 17.10.2 and OverdriveNTool is unable to set the clocks and voltages. Wattman works but it's not the ideal tool.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
you should disable windows updates and everything will run normally

use the mining.bat file in this article to disable non important windows features
http://1stminingrig.com/best-windows-setup-configuration-tweaks-for-mining/

Wow nice to see all of them summed up! I have already done most of those things by hand but it was nice to see "what am I missing" on a list (for example I forgot to disable Hibernation).

Thanks a lot!
Activity: 83
a question, do you still find hashs of hash? regardless of the pool?
I think the problem is the claymore miner, there are too many hash oscillations, from 30.5, down to 21.9, then back up, some 30mh / s gpu, down to 22mhs, 25, and then after 40 seconds about, goes back,. @Claymore could you take a look if you need some fix? Embarrassed Embarrassed
Activity: 23
Trying to download the latest version i have all virus expeptions and turned off, it just fails from virus detected in chrome or winrar i suppose any way to by pass this would be really appreciated, Thanks.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
you have noticed that the latest version of Afeterburner allows you to go to -200coreV

Funny the AB dev posted here a while back and I requested this feature, no shout out to me tho smh  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 83
you have noticed that the latest version of Afeterburner allows you to go to -200coreV
Activity: 24
Regarding the issues I had updating my AMD drivers, where my Claymore miner would freeze while building OpenCL:

I performed a clean install of Windows and everything worked great with latest drivers 17.11.1 . It was the 1st time that my miner run without a single crash for 24h straight. Then out of the sudden, my rig restarted (I think it restarted because of windows updates) and the same freeze problem reappeared! I let my rig cool down just to be sure that it is not a hardware issue, I tested it again and the problem remained.

I once again performed a clean install of Windows and now once again everything is fine with latest drivers 17.11.1. I did my best to block Windows from updating again.

When I have more info, I will let you know, in case some other poor fellow has the same issues I had.

My rig:

ASUZ Prime Z270-P
8x RX 580 8GB Nitro+ (Hynix)
Windows 10 Pro
Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1
Claymore Dual Miner v.10.1
Modded BIOS

you should disable windows updates and everything will run normally

use the mining.bat file in this article to disable non important windows features
http://1stminingrig.com/best-windows-setup-configuration-tweaks-for-mining/
You can put 'TIMEOUT 10' above the miner command in the bat file to delay it for 10 seconds.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
anyone have a good way on windows 10 to restart the miner if after the reboot.bat script runs ?

There is a good description on how to get any programme to startup with windows, including Claymore, at link below. This is how I get Claymore to re-start if Windows crashes.

https://www.howtogeek.com/208224/how-to-add-programs-files-and-folders-to-system-startup-in-windows-8.1/

Oh i know of the shell startup method, I used it in the past but is seems to load too fast sometimes
Jump to: