Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 575. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 595
Merit: 251
What drivers and version of the Claymore dual miner are you using?

Version 10 of the miner and last version of and drivers
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
RX 580 +  win10 + blockhain driver 23 august + AB 18 + Claymore v10.0

if I add values in and use  

-cclock  
-mclock  
-cvddc
-mvddc

which works and stable? or still voltage resetted ?

is overclocking and/or voltage working with 580's?

if works, is still needed afterburner?

"Supports latest AMD 4xx cards only in Windows."   ... and 580's?

Thank you for reply.  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
Clymore : you are working a lot for AMD owners.
No problems, but I'm an nVidia owner (because expansive electricity in France).
Are you planing some update for us, for example with this dual-miner ?
Thanks ;-)
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
What drivers and version of the Claymore dual miner are you using?
Activity: 595
Hi there my rig with 8 cards keep crush after few minutes, max an hour

I guess the problem is this
Code:
01:00:00:743	163c	GPU 5: got incorrect temperature 511, ignore

What should I do

COMPONENTS:

ASROCK H110 PRO BTC+
6*RX 570 4GB NITRO +
2*RX 480 4GB NITRO +
Windows 10

One more question.

I prefere to use UBUNTU but I can't undervolt my rigs so I'm using Windows 10. Is there a way to undervolt via config file like in win?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
i posted this awhile ago.. did we ever find a reason or fix behind this error?

https://imgur.com/a/wLb39

I think that might be running two instances of claymore?  Check your processes you have running.

no i rebooted the system and only have one cmd prompt running.. it runs fine and then eventually (10 - 15 min) it gives me that error and has to restart the mining process. no o/c very basic setup. eventually the cmd locks the whole computer and i need to manually reboot. been dealing with this for a while now.
Activity: 76
Merit: 3
Please, all that have a RX 480 8GB (Shappire Nitro + 8GB) can post the best values for "-dcri"? For now I set "-dcri 23" cause I think that when I increase it to 24, 25 or more Claymore seems unstable and sometimes my hashrate fluctuates. Many thanks in advance

for me -dcri 8 is the best

The dcri depends of the second coin. For DCR, I set -dcri 30
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Is there any difference in Claymore working proccess if the share difficulty is set to 5G or 50000G while mining ETH?
Activity: 46
Please, all that have a RX 480 8GB (Shappire Nitro + 8GB) can post the best values for "-dcri"? For now I set "-dcri 23" cause I think that when I increase it to 24, 25 or more Claymore seems unstable and sometimes my hashrate fluctuates. Many thanks in advance

for me -dcri 8 is the best
Activity: 431
Merit: 102
I see it positve that Claymore always bring newer Mining Versions - and the DEV Fee he have honored for this
Activity: 392
Merit: 266
EthMonitoring.com
Added Claymore v10 to EthControl Linux. Remote console, bulk configs etc.. https://github.com/JamesSmith2/EthControlLinux
Activity: 1
Will there be new calymore miner version before Byzantium?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

I think that might be running two instances of claymore?  Check your processes you have running.
Activity: 14

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Oc the gpu's to much? Check for memory errors with something like hwinfo64 or try lowering your dcr intensity? "You can change the intensity in runtime with "+" and "-" keys and check current statistics with "s" key."

I tried going stock by turning off Afterbuner, no help.  I swung the intensity in both directions and I checked for memory errors of which there were none.

Still 100% reject rate.  I tried it in dual mining for straight ETH, still no dice.  Like I said I'm at a complete loss.
Activity: 19
Trying ethOS for the first time and after installing claymore I get these "JsonRpcException" errors https://i.imgur.com/M6pJaEv.jpg

Any help?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Hello Claymore, could you add rejected statistics shares for each gpu individual in Ethman so we can see which exact working bad ?
Activity: 28
Thanks for the new version.  Smiley
Activity: 353
Higher clocks => higher power, yes.

To undervolt there are few ways:
- change powerplay table voltages (in BIOS or at runtime)
- change DPM states (use lower states = lover volts with high clocks)
- change VDDC voltage offsets (either fix BIOS tables, or patch VDDC offsets into BIOS tables, or use I2C at runtime)

The issue is that different drivers and platforms behave differently. Say, some ignore BIOS voltage tables, some use driver defaults, etc, etc. So there is no single "right" way to downvolt any card.

On Windows the best way could be to use WattTool to change VDDC offset, it uses i2c to update hardware voltage offset. But every voltage regulator requires own commands. WattTool was great and worked with many cards but its author disappeared. Still, even with latest drivers WattTool does not work with powerplay tables but can change VDDC offset. I2C method is better than -cvddc since it allows to set VDDC lesser than MVDDC. Changing VDDC sets it to max(MVDDC, VDDC).

Linux used by big farms, and no one wants to share the technology with public for free. They usually want 1-5-10 BTC for that (and actually different cards, different patches).

On Windows I use any tool (AB, Trixx, -mclock) to set memory clocks, and use WattTool to downvolt via VDDC offset. It gives best results but requires settings VDDC offset at runtime once after boot (not an issue). Linux tools similar to WattTool are not available freely, AFAIK.

On Linux the simplest way is to set higher clocks for lower DPM states (4, 5, 6, 7) and force lower state (4-6) to use lower voltages. All can be done at boot. Runtime voltage changes usually show successful changes, but actually do not change real wattage (from the wall). And BIOS changes ofter are ignored by Linux drivers.
Activity: 32
Hi.  Need some clarifications.  I heard when using RX cards, to achieve high hashrate, Bios mod is essential.  I already did, and am hashing about 30 MH/s on my Gigabyte Aorus RX 580s Hynix 8 GB.  My problem is, the bios mod I flashed resulted to very high power consumption.  A few questions below:

1. Is it natural go get a higher power consumption after bios mod increasing hashrate?
2. Do you guys undervolt directly onto bios mod?  Or is it only the hashrate everyone is after?
3. Can you undervolt as effectively in Claymore as in bios mod?
4. What are the things to tackle to undervolt in Claymore?  -mvddc, -cvddc?  Does -cclock affect power consumption?

Thanks
Jump to: