Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 581. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi all, I have problem with version 10, after blockchain driver update, overclock from claymore not working properly.
On boot and first start of miner only first card gets overclocked, and if I manually close miner and start it again it works properly.
I use -r 1 flag so if I set -minspeed  miner reboot entire PC, and same thing happens again Smiley
The problem is strange because I put the manufacturing times of the video cards and start at 24mh / s but then some of them goes down to 20 or 22 and does not go up again.

It's super strange this problem and I'm having it with several rigs.

Im try with 3 rig's...one with 3 x MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4G and try too 2 rig's with 7 x MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G...the same problema for all rig's. I dont know what happend...

I had the same problem some days ago.

reinstall drivers (use DDU to uninstall drivers) and MSI AB.

How are you overclocking: MSI or claymore flags?

I already did the test to reinstall the drivers, also install windows from scratch with the drivers amd for blockchain and MSI AB the last version. I make the overclocking with MSI AB.

The truth is I do not know what is happening, I do not know why this problem occurs.

I will try to uninstall the blockchain drivers and install the latest version of amd drivers (17.9.3) to test if this strange problem continues or if it changes in something.

If someone is happening to you this comment.

Activity: 46
Do this miner support kepler cards like gtx 760 4gb ?

thanks in advance.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi guys,

Any idea how to disable GPU 10, 12, 13... etc. Like GPU 1 to 9 using the keyboard while mining.

GPU #0...#9 are managed with "0"..."9" keys. "a", "b", "c" keys are for GPU #10, #11, #12. If you have more than 13 GPUs, there is no way to manage GPU #13 and higher with keys.
Activity: 6
when i mine only ETC i get 26mh/s single rx 470

if dual mine etc+dcr only 20 for ETC and 600 in DCR

is that normal
Yes, it is totaly normal with dual mining on AMG GPUs.
Only nVidia GPUs have the same hashrate with simple and dual mining.
This is not true.
Try to fiddle with -dcri option.
I am mining 28Mh/s ETH and 750Mh/s DCR on RX 570.
But RX 5xx are probably better on dual mining.
Activity: 6
Hi,
I am mining multi coin(DaggerHashimoto coins) + dual mining on miningpoolhub.
I have issues with mining devfee. After devfee mining stops cards do crash.
I added --allcoins -1 to start devfee mining first but still most of the cards crash. Sometimes some cards are okay.
Do you know some more settings to specify to avoid this issue?
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

is that normal
Yes, it is totaly normal with dual mining on AMG GPUs.
Only nVidia GPUs have the same hashrate with simple and dual mining.
Activity: 177
Merit: 2
The problem is strange because I put the manufacturing times of the video cards and start at 24mh / s but then some of them goes down to 20 or 22 and does not go up again.

Im try with 3 rig's...one with 3 x MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4G and try too 2 rig's with 7 x MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G...the same problema for all rig's. I dont know what happend...

I had the same problem some days ago.

reinstall drivers (use DDU to uninstall drivers) and MSI AB.

How are you overclocking: MSI or claymore flags?
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

is that normal

You can adjust the secondary coin intensity with the +/- keys while dual mining. Once you find the best intensity that maximizes the hash rate of the second coin without lowering the ETH hash rate, you can set it in your command line or configuration file with the -dcri parameter.

My RX 470 Shappire Nitro Plus 8GB reaches 28.8~29 MH/s on ETH (-dcri 23)
Hello guys...

I am writing to you because I am having a somewhat weird problem with my teams. All were working properly, but something is happening with the new AMD drivers for blockchain.

For example, I made the installation of a new rig with a MSI Z170 Gaming M5 motherboard and 7 MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G (BIOS mod) video card. Some have hynix memory and other memories elpida.

Then I installed windows 10 from scratch in UEFI mode for compatibility with the 7 video cards, install all the drivers on the motherboard and update them. Then I installed the AMD Blockchain drivers Agu23 (last version available) and everything very well, I could install and recognize all video cards without problem, last I did the installation of MSI afterburner 4.4.0 beta 17.

Everything here is very good, the problem is presented at the moment of mining with Claymore, the program starts without problem, recognizes all the cards and starts each card by marking 26.5 or 27 mh/s, but then some of them slow down to be in 20mh/s. Sometimes it starts at 0mh/s and gives drivers error.

I did all this process with another computer but with 3 MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4G video cards and the same happens, I can see by the MSI Afterburner in the use of the GPU up and down the percentage of use and imagine that due to this decreases the speed, but I do not know why this is happening.

If they could tell me that it could be happening I would thank them.

Screen examples of rig with 3 x MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4G (BIOS mod):

lower your clock( mem especially) until that gpu starts hashing normally. New drivers are stressing cards a bit so tight mem timings are too tight now

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hello guys...

I am writing to you because I am having a somewhat weird problem with my teams. All were working properly, but something is happening with the new AMD drivers for blockchain.

For example, I made the installation of a new rig with a MSI Z170 Gaming M5 motherboard and 7 MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G (BIOS mod) video card. Some have hynix memory and other memories elpida.

Then I installed windows 10 from scratch in UEFI mode for compatibility with the 7 video cards, install all the drivers on the motherboard and update them. Then I installed the AMD Blockchain drivers Agu23 (last version available) and everything very well, I could install and recognize all video cards without problem, last I did the installation of MSI afterburner 4.4.0 beta 17.

Everything here is very good, the problem is presented at the moment of mining with Claymore, the program starts without problem, recognizes all the cards and starts each card by marking 26.5 or 27 mh/s, but then some of them slow down to be in 20mh/s. Sometimes it starts at 0mh/s and gives drivers error.

I did all this process with another computer but with 3 MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4G video cards and the same happens, I can see by the MSI Afterburner in the use of the GPU up and down the percentage of use and imagine that due to this decreases the speed, but I do not know why this is happening.

lower your clock( mem especially) until that gpu starts hashing normally. New drivers are stressing cards a bit so tight mem timings are too tight now
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hello guys...

Is there any improvement on AB 4.4.0 beta 17? I'm still using 4.4.0 beta 16
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

is that normal

You can adjust the secondary coin intensity with the +/- keys while dual mining. Once you find the best intensity that maximizes the hash rate of the second coin without lowering the ETH hash rate, you can set it in your command line or configuration file with the -dcri parameter.
Hello guys...

http://www.modo-store.com/Captura.png
http://www.modo-store.com/Captura2.png

Activity: 37

is that normal
Activity: 57
I managed to set my rig to steady 99,6MH and it stayed that way for 3 or 4 days and then all of a sudden, it became kind of unsteady... I OC with command line, and I always have to start the miner twice before there is any effect. Plus, the computer seems to restart here and there without any apparent reason... Where to investigate?

WIN10, claymore10, blockchain drivers, 3x rx570, 1x rx460.

I noticed same after changing from 9.8 to 10.0. Any change in config file (I am talking about OC parameters) requires not only the miner restart, but to reboot all rig. In case of just miner restart,it will hang the system in 2 cases of 3.
I guess we still have a problems with API after changing to blockchain drivers.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
ETC+Musicoin DUAL MINING?  Huh

No.

Ethash + secondary algo.
Not:  ethash + ethash.

Music + secondary,
or
ETC + secondary
Activity: 23
ETC+Musicoin DUAL MINING?  Huh
Activity: 9
I managed to set my rig to steady 99,6MH and it stayed that way for 3 or 4 days and then all of a sudden, it became kind of unsteady... I OC with command line, and I always have to start the miner twice before there is any effect. Plus, the computer seems to restart here and there without any apparent reason... Where to investigate?

WIN10, claymore10, blockchain drivers, 3x rx570, 1x rx460.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
Is the latest Claymore"s 10 version compatible with CUDA 9 (Ubuntu 16.04 x64) ?
Is there any hashrate increase with Cuda 9 vs. Cuda 8 ?
Jump to: