Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 684. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey guys.

I am new to this forum, i wonder, if someone knows when AMD s going to release new driver that will fix DAG issue for RX cards.

And i know that some guy was able to fix that issue but waiting for official release (Maybe someone knows how to install that "beta driver" coz i have no idea how to do that, besides that, maybe someone will help to overclock GPU inside Claymore miner)

Ty Smiley

And sorry for my english.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
New version with Vega support is close, currently I see 35-36 MH/s ETH at stock clocks and huge speed for second coins. But it's too hot even at 1.0v for core and 0.9v for memory.

Claymore, would you please share some updates regarding the Vega Eth hashrates? Could you improve it by changing some clock settings/adding specific code, anything? Thanks.

Currently I have only this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20519728
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
New version with Vega support is close, currently I see 35-36 MH/s ETH at stock clocks and huge speed for second coins. But it's too hot even at 1.0v for core and 0.9v for memory.

Claymore, would you please share some updates regarding the Vega Eth hashrates? Could you improve it by changing some clock settings/adding specific code, anything? Thanks.

I'm currently running my Vega FE's (air cooled) at 1137Mhz core clock, 1100MHz HBM2.  70-80% fan, 55C core temp, 30-40c ambient.  Claymore's miner 9.8 reports 37.6MH/s.
Whats the  power usage from the wall?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
- Why Ethereum hashrate in Dual mode is higher than in Single mode?
  Hardware feature, accept it as an extra bonus.

Magic hardware!   Roll Eyes

I've dual mined ETH with both Siacoin and Decred at several settings (from 20 to 80%), and at all settings my ETH takes a hit. In a 7 card GTX 1070 rig the ETH hashrate drops from ~220 MH/s to 210, 200, 180, even 155.

Anyone here able to mine ETH (with another coin) and NOT take a hit --- let alone have the rate increase?

THANKS

It works for Polaris this way very well. Some ingenious dual mine of his allows utilizing 100% of gpu processing power easier when you can balance between algoes and loads.   
Activity: 4
anyone tried 6 amd and 6 nvidia cards on biostar btc pro motherboard???
i have no luck in getting to worked with this setup
but when i use 6 amd and 4 nvidia, it works fine

any help will be appreciated... ^_^

https://i.imgur.com/dzXkg21.jpg
Activity: 10
hey guys.Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.
what it means? we could set -dcri100 anytime and no impact on eth-speed? i did it but nothing special.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I'm currently running my Vega FE's (air cooled) at 1137Mhz core clock, 1100MHz HBM2.  70-80% fan, 55C core temp, 30-40c ambient.  Claymore's miner 9.8 reports 37.6MH/s.
Activity: 31

Activity: 3
if the network is down for a longer time (f.e. 2 minutes), is there any solution for the watchdog of Claymore to detect it? In my case USB WLAN lost connection and a restart of the rig solved the problem.

unless you mean that your usb wifi adapter needs rebooting to come up?

Exactly! Claymore tries to reconnect every 20 seconds but WIFI adapter can't connect to router again.

--RP--
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
if the network is down for a longer time (f.e. 2 minutes), is there any solution for the watchdog of Claymore to detect it? In my case USB WLAN lost connection and a restart of the rig solved the problem.

ive had my router go down on occasion, once for hours. claymore just starts mining again once its back up. no need to do anything.

it tries to reconnect on lost connections on its own every so often.. every 20 seconds IIRC?

unless you mean that your usb wifi adapter needs rebooting to come up?
Activity: 3
Hi guys,

Thanks for your advice!

--RP--
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Did someone actually post an amd beta driver, or a modded driver that's being called a beta?
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Is there option for mining secondary coin only? Just for tests and lolz.
Activity: 27
Not sure if this issue is caused by the miner or it's because of Ethermine, but when the miner does a FAILOVER and switches to the next available mining pool in your epools.txt list, the miner seems not to be reporting submitted shares to the pool. Hence in Ethermine's Dashboard, the worker/rig doesn't appear. Although the actual hashrates are still accurate, the reported hashrates are not.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
- Why Ethereum hashrate in Dual mode is higher than in Single mode?
  Hardware feature, accept it as an extra bonus.

Magic hardware!   Roll Eyes

I've dual mined ETH with both Siacoin and Decred at several settings (from 20 to 80%), and at all settings my ETH takes a hit. In a 7 card GTX 1070 rig the ETH hashrate drops from ~220 MH/s to 210, 200, 180, even 155.

Anyone here able to mine ETH (with another coin) and NOT take a hit --- let alone have the rate increase?

THANKS

no hit here but Im using 6 GTX-1080Ti and 6 RX-580
Activity: 119
Merit: 3
@KORUN IF miner is not very stable, often restarts and get Error CUDA mining: an illegal memory then is first sing you need to lower Memory OC aka try this:

Power Limit: 80 (this is can be lower to 65-70-75 depend if you use dual or solo eth)
Core Clock:  default
Memory:      600 / 650 (lower this till you will see your miner it will be stable)

p.s. you not need to stop miner when you modifie value in MSI Afterburner let it run ... & very important monitor your temperature do not let get more that 70 ... more MH/s it not help you if miner is not stable Wink

your problem came from fact VRam are made by micron Sad sadly ... samsung can be push to 900 with out problem ....

cheers
Activity: 23
What is your clock on GTX1060 Micron Memory?

I am using:
Claymore Miner 9.8
Driver 385.12 - BETA
Windows 10 Pro

Power Limit +80
Core Clock +100
Memory + 700

I get 22.3 - 23 MH/s but the miner is not very stable, often restarts and I get Error CUDA mining: an illegal memory access was encountered.

Any help? Appreciate it.

Reduce overclocking as it is recommended by Claymore on the first page of this thread.
21-22 is normal for 1060 as per Whattomine.

I have 30 x RX480, this is my first 1060 rig, that's why I missed this Smiley

From yesterday, my cards run on the same BETA driver with +80 power limit, 0 core and +700 memory, dual mining with 22.9 - 23.2 and are stable (for now at least).
If I encounter any problem, will try this solution. Thank you.

Could you please share the link to BETA driver?

I was referring to Nvidia 385.12 BETA driver.

The user-configured beta driver for AMD is a little suspicious to me, I'll wait for the official driver from AMD.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I am using:
Claymore Miner 9.8
Driver 385.12 - BETA
Windows 10 Pro

Power Limit +80
Core Clock +100
Memory + 700

I get 22.3 - 23 MH/s but the miner is not very stable, often restarts and I get Error CUDA mining: an illegal memory access was encountered.

Any help? Appreciate it.

Reduce overclocking as it is recommended by Claymore on the first page of this thread.

From yesterday, my cards run on the same BETA driver with +80 power limit, 0 core and +700 memory, dual mining with 22.9 - 23.2 and are stable (for now at least).

Could you please share the link to BETA driver?
Activity: 23

I am using:
Claymore Miner 9.8
Driver 385.12 - BETA
Windows 10 Pro

Power Limit +80
Core Clock +100
Memory + 700

Any help? Appreciate it.

Jump to: