Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 683. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to asia1.ethermine.org:4444
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

I am getting this cannot connect error for few hours. What could be the reason.
Thanks
Please check internet connection

Internet connection is good.
ping to asia.1.ethermine.org is also good

Try -esm 0 or port 14444 or see if your firewall is not blocking the miner.
arz
Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Thanks

Internet connection is good.
ping to asia.1.ethermine.org is also good
Activity: 20

Thanks
arz
Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Thanks
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
What is the value in GPU-Z?

No value in GPU-Z.  Lots of information is missing for Vega FE.  Only real basic stuff like core clock, memory clock, load and memory usage.

are you mining in ASM mode?
What Claymore tells on the first screen?

Yes, ASM mode. 
Activity: 66
hey guys.Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.
what it means? we could set -dcri100 anytime and no impact on eth-speed? i did it but nothing special.

It is not clear what exactly you expected, what you did and what happened.

I will tell you how dcri works and hope it helps.
You can mine ETH as a single coin or activate dual mining and mine ETH and a second coin.
In order to mine ETH+SECOND COIN you need to load 2 sets of pools.
Once dual mining hashes away and you can see submitted shares for both coins you can use
  • and [-] buttons to set a value of dcri to find a "sweet spot".
Sweet spot - combination of ETH hashpeed and second coind hasspeed when you get the maximum profit.
For different cards, different coins, different OS dcri value woudl be different.
No one said dcri 100 is a special recipe.

Try different dcri values to find the optimum settings for your rig.

My best -dcri value is 26-27 even 28 (w10 pro, 8GB RAM, 6x Sapphire RX 480 with 6.9.1 drivers and Claymore 9.8, with more intensity ETH hashrate becomes lower and unstable.
Activity: 45
Hi guys, I have a doubt, I have a rig, with 5 gtx 1060, on windows 10, I do OC, with msi afterburner, but, oc, it only works, for the first 4 GPUs, for the 5 GPU it no longer works, That can be thanks
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I tried dual mining with my Vega FE's but no matter the -dcri the hashrate drop for ETH was too much for my taste and I went back to just ETH mining.

The best performance I got was 32MH/s ETH and ~1000MH/s DCR

With one of my 1080Ti , the best I get for ETH before it start do go down is 37MH/s and 575 MH/s DCR

This is with a tiny OC, max temperature set @69c and using -dcri 45

I will try lbry when the pool pays out.

What pool are you using for Decred ?

What are you OC settings?
What is ETH solo hashspeed?
What is make/model of the card?
I tried dual mining with my Vega FE's but no matter the -dcri the hashrate drop for ETH was too much for my taste and I went back to just ETH mining.

are you mining in ASM mode?
What Claymore tells on the first screen?
New version with Vega support is close, currently I see 35-36 MH/s ETH at stock clocks and huge speed for second coins. But it's too hot even at 1.0v for core and 0.9v for memory.

Claymore, would you please share some updates regarding the Vega Eth hashrates? Could you improve it by changing some clock settings/adding specific code, anything? Thanks.

I'm currently running my Vega FE's (air cooled) at 1137Mhz core clock, 1100MHz HBM2.  70-80% fan, 55C core temp, 30-40c ambient.  Claymore's miner 9.8 reports 37.6MH/s.
Whats the  power usage from the wall?

I don't know the answer to that, but a killawatt is on my list of things to get when I have spare money.

What is the value in GPU-Z?
hey guys.Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.
what it means? we could set -dcri100 anytime and no impact on eth-speed? i did it but nothing special.

It is not clear what exactly you expected, what you did and what happened.

I will tell you how dcri works and hope it helps.
You can mine ETH as a single coin or activate dual mining and mine ETH and a second coin.
In order to mine ETH+SECOND COIN you need to load 2 sets of pools.
Once dual mining hashes away and you can see submitted shares for both coins you can use
  • and [-] buttons to set a value of dcri to find a "sweet spot".
Sweet spot - combination of ETH hashpeed and second coind hasspeed when you get the maximum profit.
For different cards, different coins, different OS dcri value woudl be different.
No one said dcri 100 is a special recipe.

Try different dcri values to find the optimum settings for your rig.
New version with Vega support is close, currently I see 35-36 MH/s ETH at stock clocks and huge speed for second coins. But it's too hot even at 1.0v for core and 0.9v for memory.

Claymore, would you please share some updates regarding the Vega Eth hashrates? Could you improve it by changing some clock settings/adding specific code, anything? Thanks.

I'm currently running my Vega FE's (air cooled) at 1137Mhz core clock, 1100MHz HBM2.  70-80% fan, 55C core temp, 30-40c ambient.  Claymore's miner 9.8 reports 37.6MH/s.

What is the power consumption?
Activity: 19
So I thought that when Claymore introduced the -minspeed variable, that was pretty cool!  It's kind of like a low hashrate watchdog, right??

So I set it, with a decent margin, so that if a GPU was way out of whack it would reboot and all is good.... but I'm telling the story backwards... let me rewind.

This morning, the DAG update happened.  Strangely, one of my rigs kept on rebooting.  Like, LOTS of reboots....Not being in the same room, with most feedback from EthMan, nothing was super obvious.  Each GPU's hashrate decreased just a bit as expected, but none of them dropping to zero, or anything typically suspicious.  I was thinking that MAYBE the DAG got heinous enough to be difficult with the strap timings.  This rig has RX 580 Pulses, and I haven't been successful getting tight straps on it (like, no Ubermix or whatever) but it's "ok" - but maybe this latest DAG was just too much.

I tried to downclock the memory... -30, -60, -100... nothing!  Maybe, I'm thinking, maybe I finally install that bobo driver and see if that helps? 

So I finally got to watch the console ... weird, no GPUs are misbehaving at ALL.  WTF?

FIVE MINUTES (this is a magic number) and the error appeared.  It pushed that one rig down under the -minspeed threshold.   That rig rebooted 73 times today.  SMH.

Anyhow, changed the -minspeed to a now-safer number.  Ta f'ing Da.
Activity: 224

With one of my 1080Ti , the best I get for ETH before it start do go down is 37MH/s and 575 MH/s DCR

This is with a tiny OC, max temperature set @69c and using -dcri 45

I will try lbry when the pool pays out.

What pool are you using for Decred ?

Activity: 31

Currently I have only this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20519728

So no further progress. Thanks for giving a hint. Wink

Activity: 10

THE EFFECT OF A HIGH "-dcri" SETTING DEPENDS ON YOUR GPU--

If the "-dcri" setting is too high, the performance on the Ethereum-based coin will begin to degrade.  CUDA cards can take a very high "-dcri" setting.  The new Vega cards are also able to produce good secondary coin yields at high "-dcri" setting, but older and smaller AMD cards  cannot take higher "-dcri" settings.

You will need to experiment.       --scryptr

oops.sorry.I mistaked it was new update.......the same text  written v9.3  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

THE EFFECT OF A HIGH "-dcri" SETTING DEPENDS ON YOUR GPU--

If the "-dcri" setting is too high, the performance on the Ethereum-based coin will begin to degrade.  CUDA cards can take a very high "-dcri" setting.  The new Vega cards are also able to produce good secondary coin yields at high "-dcri" setting, but older and smaller AMD cards  cannot take higher "-dcri" settings.

You will need to experiment.       --scryptr

I'm currently running my Vega FE's (air cooled) at 1137Mhz core clock, 1100MHz HBM2.  70-80% fan, 55C core temp, 30-40c ambient.  Claymore's miner 9.8 reports 37.6MH/s.
Whats the  power usage from the wall?

I don't know the answer to that, but a killawatt is on my list of things to get when I have spare money.
Jump to: