Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 682. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 507
Merit: 500
Anyone have experience with altering the ETH intensity?

-ethi   Ethereum intensity. Default value is 8, you can decrease this value if you don't want Windows to freeze or if you have problems with stability. The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".
   Also "-ethi" now can set intensity for every card individually, for example "-ethi 1,8,6".
   You can also specify negative values, for example, "-ethi -8192", it exactly means "global work size" parameter which is used in official miner.

I understand that default is "8", and I also see that "0" is the lowest, but it does not mention the highest setting. I suppose that's when your system crashes or becomes unusable?

Is there a benefit to changing from default in your experiences?

The example above which discusses setting intensity for every card individually ("-ethi 1,8,6") --- Is the first number the desired intensity, and it applies that to cards 8 and 6? I just need a little clarification on that point.

THANKS

THE DEFAULT IS 8--

That is also the highest setting.  For individual cards, the syntax is often comma or space separated per card, depending on the mining software.  The value for GPU 0 is first, then comma, then for GPU 1, then comma, then GPU2... and so forth.  Claymore decided to use commas rather than spaces.  If you use a negative value, you are setting a "Global Work Size", as was used in the original Ethminer.  You could double, or perhaps quadruple that value, but I would not bother to use it.  Single digits (integers) from 0 to 8 are much easier to type.       --scryptr

Please do not put out wrong information. Or Knowingly lie to users.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Hi,

I need help on reducing/eliminating rejection rate of second coin in dual mining.
When dual mining eth + xxx, second coin always has (target) rejection rate1-4%.
I am using claymore miner as a 3rd party miner in Nicehash.

According to the "interactive history chart" from nicehash web, I believe the highest rejection is "target".
the second, some "stale" shares, then the third, there are very few "duplicates".

This happened to all, decred,sia,pascal,and lbry.

changing -dcri value does not matter much since it is not incorrect shares?

thank you..
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
I have a 12 GPU rig (RX480 x6 , 1070 x6 )with mb tb250 BTC PRO. and I have a problem here.

when I ran claymore 9.8 it will freeze at the begining,while it detect gpu. I try several way and cannot solve this problem.

at the end I try to use -di option and separate claymore to 3 windows and its work (rx480x3)+(rx480x3)+(1070x6) .

but it may consume more ram, I guess?

so my question is how to run a single claymore to support all my 12 gpu card.

Thank you.

my rig detail is

tb250 btc pro
celeron g3900
ram 4gb (try to add to 12gb of ram  and still freeze)
red devil RX480 8G (several driver  / fix dag driver all the same)
palit 1070gtx 8gb
cougar psu 1050w gold x2
riser ver.5 , 6 , 7
windows 10 pro latest update

Whats your command string ?
Have you try -gser : this setting can improve stability on multi-GPU systems if miner hangs during startup. It serializes GPUs initalization routines. Use "-gser 1" to serailize some of routines and "-gser 2" to serialize all routines.
Are you using fast AMD kernel option
can be many thing
Best thing is to start your miner with the minimum options in your string and go from there
But for me the -gser command solved that problem

Hope it helps
Activity: 71
Merit: 1

-ethi   Ethereum intensity. Default value is 8, you can decrease this value if you don't want Windows to freeze or if you have problems with stability. The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".
   Also "-ethi" now can set intensity for every card individually, for example "-ethi 1,8,6".
   You can also specify negative values, for example, "-ethi -8192", it exactly means "global work size" parameter which is used in official miner.

I understand that default is "8", and I also see that "0" is the lowest, but it does not mention the highest setting. I suppose that's when your system crashes or becomes unusable?

The example above which discusses setting intensity for every card individually ("-ethi 1,8,6") --- Is the first number the desired intensity, and it applies that to cards 8 and 6? I just need a little clarification on that point.

THANKS
The benefit is you increase your mining speed
But I noticed not every card respond the same way
So you should increase it 1 card at a time and see the improvement and make sure its stable
Then go card 2 and 3 etc
you can do all at the same time, but you might have all card at intensity let say 4 cause the weakess card crash above that, while some of your other cards can be increased more.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Hi,

Firstly, i apologize for my poor English. I do Ethereum mining with 1x R9 280X Dual-X model GPU, but I get a lower performance than other miners with same GPU. I get about 14.550 Mh/s. Is it normal for R9 280x or am i doing something wrong? Thank you.

--------

OC values I used; 1220 MHz GPU Clock // 1500 MHz Memory Clock.

GPU Driver Version; Crimson ReLive 17.7.2

Rig Specs;

AMD fx-6100
600W Power Supply
8 GB RAM

My bat file;
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool SERVER -ewal ADRESS.RIGNAME -epsw x -dcri 37 -etha 0 -asm 1
It's normal on ETH/ETC.
Try UBQ/MUSIC/... and you will get 25MHs+
Activity: 3
hi boss, is there any desired value for -dcri in claymore 9.8 for rx580?  when claymore mining eth only, my rx580 runs at 28mh.  when dual mining eth+sc, i got 24mh eth + 700mh sc.  decreasing -dcri value from 30 to 20 only decreases eth hash to 22mh.

any help?
thanks

Right now the best -dcri is 14-16. Try +- for best tunning. Got several right with 580-4g and 15 is my number.

Hope itll work for you too!
Activity: 1
I have a 12 GPU rig (RX480 x6 , 1070 x6 )with mb tb250 BTC PRO. and I have a problem here.

when I ran claymore 9.8 it will freeze at the begining,while it detect gpu. I try several way and cannot solve this problem.

at the end I try to use -di option and separate claymore to 3 windows and its work (rx480x3)+(rx480x3)+(1070x6) .

but it may consume more ram, I guess?

so my question is how to run a single claymore to support all my 12 gpu card.

Thank you.

my rig detail is

tb250 btc pro
celeron g3900
ram 4gb (try to add to 12gb of ram  and still freeze)
red devil RX480 8G (several driver  / fix dag driver all the same)
palit 1070gtx 8gb
cougar psu 1050w gold x2
riser ver.5 , 6 , 7
windows 10 pro latest update
Activity: 1
Hi,

Firstly, i apologize for my poor English. I do Ethereum mining with 1x R9 280X Dual-X model GPU, but I get a lower performance than other miners with same GPU. I get about 14.550 Mh/s. Is it normal for R9 280x or am i doing something wrong? Thank you.

--------

OC values I used; 1220 MHz GPU Clock // 1500 MHz Memory Clock.

GPU Driver Version; Crimson ReLive 17.7.2

Rig Specs;

AMD fx-6100
600W Power Supply
8 GB RAM

My bat file;
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool SERVER -ewal ADRESS.RIGNAME -epsw x -dcri 37 -etha 0 -asm 1
Activity: 938
Merit: 266
hi boss, is there any desired value for -dcri in claymore 9.8 for rx580?  when claymore mining eth only, my rx580 runs at 28mh.  when dual mining eth+sc, i got 24mh eth + 700mh sc.  decreasing -dcri value from 30 to 20 only decreases eth hash to 22mh.

any help?
thanks
Activity: 31

THANKS

THE DEFAULT IS 8--

That is also the highest setting.  For individual cards, the syntax is often comma or space separated per card, depending on the mining software.  The value for GPU 0 is first, then comma, then for GPU 1, then comma, then GPU2... and so forth.  Claymore decided to use commas rather than spaces.  If you use a negative value, you are setting a "Global Work Size", as was used in the original Ethminer.  You could double, or perhaps quadruple that value, but I would not bother to use it.  Single digits (integers) from 0 to 8 are much easier to type.       --scryptr

Much thanks !
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

THANKS

THE DEFAULT IS 8--

Activity: 31

THANKS
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I tried dual mining with my Vega FE's but no matter the -dcri the hashrate drop for ETH was too much for my taste and I went back to just ETH mining.

The best performance I got was 32MH/s ETH and ~1000MH/s DCR

With one of my 1080Ti , the best I get for ETH before it start do go down is 37MH/s and 575 MH/s DCR

This is with a tiny OC, max temperature set @69c and using -dcri 45

I will try lbry when the pool pays out.

What pool are you using for Decred ?

What are you OC settings?
What is ETH solo hashspeed?
What is make/model of the card?
Memory +155 MHz  (5775MHz)
Core Not OC (1800-1885MHz depending of the temperature, limit set @69c and fan (auto) always around 50%)
ETH: Same speed solo or dual if I dont push it (-dcri) over 45-50
This one is a Gigabyte Aorus

I can add 700MHz to the memory speed on my GTX-1080 but only 190MHz on this 1080Ti, so I keep it @ 155MHz just in case.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to asia1.ethermine.org:4444
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

I am getting this cannot connect error for few hours. What could be the reason.
Thanks

No internet connection!?
Run Claymore's default start bat file and if it works that your own bat file needs to be changed.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Well my job was useful Smiley You found answer..it was easy, right?
Activity: 26
Sell your rig, mining is not for you.
You are very helpful. Thank you! Keep doing this!
After this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethash-dag-epoch-rx470480570580-fix-2068446
I am ok again.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Sell your rig, mining is not for you.
Activity: 26
I have Asus RX 480, 4 GB.
What is the best driver for them and how to set up them for the best performance?
My speed now is around 158-159 MH/s with a six cards.
Before a month the speed was 170...
Activity: 395
Merit: 102
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
any news on when will the driver for restoring hash rate for amd cards will be released? as that unoficiall isnt good
arz
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
ok will try, thank you.
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

I am getting this cannot connect error for few hours. What could be the reason.
Thanks
Please check internet connection

Internet connection is good.
ping to asia.1.ethermine.org is also good

Try -esm 0 or port 14444 or see if your firewall is not blocking the miner.
Jump to: