Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 705. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

Great news! Can't wait to see 30mh/s again.

I cannot understand what exactly makes you happy!?
You will get 5% increase in hash-rate but the difficulty will go up 10-15%, so you will lose 10% on profitability!
Take a note of your earnings now and then and update us later on your feeling Smiley

Been saying this for a while, it makes no difference to AMD miners. Our profitability will remain the same. The worst hit for this upgrade will be nvidia cards, but most of them are not mining eth anyway so again all this makes zero difference in the end.

The same people that jumped on the mining craze at its peak not knowing what difficulty is, are the same ones that will be "happy" with the update.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
As i see from claymore

"Vega FE shows 36-36.5MH/s at stock clocks, 40-41MH/s for a bit overclocked memory"
How is the power draw vs hashrate?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

Any idea if they fixed this issue for Tahiti GPUs?

I remember Epoch #1 or so hashed at like 28MH/s with the R9 280X. Would be benefitial if they fixed it for that GPU also.

Same with the Pitcairn, Epoch #1 hashed at like 20MH/s with the R9 270X.

Same here,

Any news about R9's ?

250w @28 Mh/s  stock, but can do more with bios mod
Activity: 30
Seven days with no new deposits showing in Polonies, wondering what is going on, they are not too good at responding tickets

***deposits showing in Poloniex*** what is it your deposit coin
Activity: 202
Merit: 10
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Hi guys

I'm trying to mine with a single gtx 1070 but i get the following error:

I have the latest drivers for (384.94) and I'm on windows 10 (up to date).

The thing is, when i first got this card i couldn't mine but then i simply disabled my antivirus (and uninstalled it later) and it worked. But then for some random reasons I decided to install my antivirus again and i couldn't mine once more. But this time disabling it or uninstalling it did not work.

Since it seems like a problem of authorization I disabled the firewall and windows defender but still this does not help. I tried to uninstall all nvidia drivers with DDU and install them, and to install the cuda toolkit but I had no success.

I then tried to clean install windows 10 but i get the same issue.

I hope you can help me.

In windows defender, add your miner folder to exclusion list.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Need help. MSI RX580 Gaming X Plus. Installed latest AMD driver, Claymore runs fine but unable to read temp (monitor hooked up). Afterburner doesn't allow OC too. Hashrates after bios mod is around 27mh/s single mode but fluctuates alot (even more with dual mining mode). I can't seem to adjust anything. TDP, Core, Mem clock all grayed out.

Don't use the newest drivers...
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

You will get 5% increase in hash-rate but the difficulty will go up 10-15%, so you will lose 10% on profitability!
Take a note of your earnings now and then and update us later on your feeling Smiley

Well, diff is already up...

lol yup! Nearly 100 points up in 24 hours. Makes me wish I had bought more cloud mining in 2015 Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

Well, diff is already up...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Geniuses are always branded as crazy
Thanks Claymore !!!
Any good news for Vega owners as far as hash rate on the new release ?

Vega FE shows 36-36.5MH/s at stock clocks, 40-41MH/s for a bit overclocked memory.

36MH is pretty low if you ask me. (Is it going to be the same with 56 and 64 ones?)
P.S. 36MH with or without miner optimization?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Amazing news, thanks! Quick question - am I understanding correctly that 17.7.2 does not yet contain the hashrate drop fix, which is coming in the next driver release in a few days. And that is a separate matter than the next release of Claymore Miner that you're working on, which will add Vega support and fix management for driver versions 17.7.2 going forward. Thus, to mine with Polaris without hashrate drop and full management ability, you need both the next AMD driver release and next Claymore miner?

Upcoming version supports Vega and fan management for latest drivers, so the only thing you need is to wait a couple of days for new drivers from AMD.

Can we expect to be back in the ranage of 29-30Mh/s with these drivers ?

Add 1.5MH/s to whatever you are getting now.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
why does the miner crash when I try to benchmark I run -benchmark 1 and it crashes it mines fine I dont get it what other command or what am I missing
Activity: 19

Do it mean that we don't need to mix crimson drivers like is described here (http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-sapphire-nitro-rx-580-8gb-limited-edition-hynix-memory-31-5-mhs/) and we need to use only the new drivers?

I read the article by the link and found nothing about mixing drivers. Please clarify.

halfway down the page  under tools and software needed shows how to combine 16.11.5 drivers with 17.2 drivers

Driver mixing is not required as of 17.7.1
Activity: 18
Amazing news, thanks! Quick question - am I understanding correctly that 17.7.2 does not yet contain the hashrate drop fix, which is coming in the next driver release in a few days. And that is a separate matter than the next release of Claymore Miner that you're working on, which will add Vega support and fix management for driver versions 17.7.2 going forward. Thus, to mine with Polaris without hashrate drop and full management ability, you need both the next AMD driver release and next Claymore miner?

Upcoming version supports Vega and fan management for latest drivers, so the only thing you need is to wait a couple of days for new drivers from AMD.

Can we expect to be back in the ranage of 29-30Mh/s with these drivers ?
Activity: 51
Merit: 2

@claymore Thanks a lot . and i am happy that i didn't buy any GTX cards Smiley) i knew that AMD will NEVER give this chance to NVIDIA . LOL
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Thanks for the hard work!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Activity: 10
When new drivers come out, will it work if i just copy OpenCL DLLs into miner folder?

I don't think so, the changes at the driver level.
Did AMD provide you with both Windows/Linux fixed drivers or just windows?

I test everything in Windows 7/10 currently, I don't have any info about new Linux drivers.

Within 24 hours I will release new version with Vega support and fan/overclock management for 17.7.2 drivers, for Windows. I will release Linux version a bit later.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

I remember Epoch #1 or so hashed at like 28MH/s with the R9 280X. Would be benefitial if they fixed it for that GPU also.

With the driver fix, if r9 280 issue is indeed the same as Polaris then a driver hack would be sufficient if AMD does not do it. I do not expect AMD to give a fix for the r7 or r9 series. AMD will only fix Polaris cause they are still selling it as rx 580.

They should still support their older chipsets. They still make drivers for the 7XXX/2XX/3XX series cards.

The 6XXX they dropped about 2 years ago.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

With the driver fix, if r9 280 issue is indeed the same as Polaris then a driver hack would be sufficient if AMD does not do it. I do not expect AMD to give a fix for the r7 or r9 series. AMD will only fix Polaris cause they are still selling it as rx 580.
Jump to: