Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 701. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I was trying with 17.7.2, but the overclock config is not apply.

17.7.1 is working fine.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
When is the AMD epoch driver fix coming or is it here already?

I love claymore but I might have to switch to SGminer as it's not affected the by later dag size.

Wrong, all current miners are affected by the DAG issue  Cry

look here https://www.techspot.com/article/1438-ethereum-mining-gpu-benchmark/
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

I love claymore but I might have to switch to SGminer as it's not affected the by later dag size.

Wrong, all current miners are affected by the DAG issue  Cry
Activity: 1
With Radeon Driver 17.7.2 i got much higher Power consuming on my Rx480 8GB rigs, theme Bios mod. So i switch back to 17.7.1
İf the rising Epoch Hash rate drop Issue will be fixed with an much higher power consuming GPU, then i will mine with the old drivers. :/
Activity: 280
Merit: 13

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Hello everyone,

Its my 1st post on forum so i want to say Hi! Wink so...

Im mining with 2x 5 Asus gtx 1070 i use gpu Tweak II but my cards make only 28-28,5 mh/s
I have set voltage on +100 memory + 1000 and core + 200 (with basic settings i had 25mh/s) but as i can see people can get even 30-31 mh/s on 1070 (i dont use any other programs or bios settings and i use latest drivers for 1070) - heres the question

Can anyone help me with setting my rigs?
Activity: 27
I think I have figured out what he meant.

AMD cards are affected but Epoch changes. With every new epoch the hashrate of AMD card drops. Red rigs losing profitability on every 3rd day. NVidia cards are not affected.

With a fix of the driver AMD rigs will improve hashrate. It will consequently cause difficulty spike. Nvidia will lose profitability.

AMD will gain profitability as the improved hashrate and profitability will overcompensate the loss due to the difficulty.

If I am right I am very impressed by that guy putting such a complex explanation into 6 words Wink
He is also wrong that  NVidia rigs not mining ETH. They do.

With the AMD driver fix, AMD cards just regained the hashrate they lost from the increased DAG filesize while NVidia cards gained or lost nothing (NVidia cards' hashrate won't change even up to DAG 190). Status quo pre-DAG increase was just restored. Everyone is affected by the difficulty spike whether it's AMD or NVidia cards.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

Nah, GPU mining isn't going away anytime soon. AMD just wants to save face with gamers by playing down the fact mining is the reason there are no AMD GPU's available for over two months now and GPU prices are jacked up.
[/quote]

I'm absolutely agree with your, this is just politics. Wink
kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105
So, does anyone have this working on Linux with Vega?  If so, please detail how you got it running.
Activity: 107
I stumbled onto something by accident tonight and I wonder if someone might be able to help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

I've been playing with trying to set core clocks since I got these Vega FE's.  

If I set a specific core clock in state 7 and start mining, the card will default to 852MHz.  If I leave all the settings stock, it will go to 1602MHz, or whatever it throttles to depending on temperature and power.  Due to the high ambient temperature in my house right now I set a frequency in wattman so the cards would default to 852MHz and run cooler while still mining.

I disabled GPU_0 so I could play gta V.  I was lazy and decided to see how GTA would run at 852core/1045hbm2 and when the game loaded it went to state 7 and locked to 1202MHz, like I originally wanted the GPU to do.

So why is the settings I configured globally in wattman work properly with GTA V, but with claymore's miner it goes to state 0 and stays there?
Activity: 202
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I'm having a strange issue. I've read the last several pages as well as searched via Google for several hours. No dice. Here's the issue:
I have 2 different GTX 970 rigs with 5 cards each. Testing them on ETH only mode. Before overclocking or anything, they all get about 18 Mh/s each. Here's the odd thing: 1 out of the 5 cards will be at around 11 MH/s.... i.e. GPU1. All speeds look equal in Afterburner. I'll restart the computer, and GPU1 will now be at 18 MH/s. But GPU2 will be down to 11. I'll restart the computer again. GPU0 will now be down to 11, all others at 18. So, it's not an issue with a card, because the dropped one changes on each restart. I have the same problem on both rigs. 1 card of 5 is always at 11-12 while the other 4 are at 18. One is an MSI board, the other is a brand new Biostar board. All have powered risers. I'll unplug one GPU, and just try with 4 GPU's. 1 card will be at 11-12, and other 3 at 18 MH/s. Restart, the slow card will be back at 18 but another card will be down to 11-12. It's driving me nuts! I downloaded the miner from Mega. One computer is running 9.7, the other 9.8. Same problem. So, it's not any particular GPU, not the miner version, not the motherboard, not the number of GPU's attached. What the heck is the problem? Somebody hacked into the miner?

What is your psu? It may cause issue like this if it is not powerful enough.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
@Claymore and everyone, I have problem mining with nanopool using 9.8v, I tried all of their servers but I still got connection problem.. DO you have guys a solution for this?  Thanks
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
At least publicly AMD is saying they don't see mining as a long-term growth driver.

"Relative to cryptocurrency, we have seen some elevated demand. But it's important to say we didn't have cryptocurrency in our forecast, and we're not looking at it as a long-term growth driver. But we'll certainly continue to watch the developments around the blockchain technologies as they go forward."

https://www.coindesk.com/amd-cryptocurrency-mining-isnt-a-long-term-growth-driver/

"some elevated demand"? Talk about an understatement. LOL

That concludes that even AMD CEO thinks cryptocoins are a scam and or probably will die.  I guess the cryptocoin community needs to prove she is wrong and the best way to do that is, once eth goes pos then another coin will emerge and the same story will repeat again and again but that depends on many things.

Nah, GPU mining isn't going away anytime soon. AMD just wants to save face with gamers by playing down the fact mining is the reason there are no AMD GPU's available for over two months now and GPU prices are jacked up.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
At least publicly AMD is saying they don't see mining as a long-term growth driver.

"Relative to cryptocurrency, we have seen some elevated demand. But it's important to say we didn't have cryptocurrency in our forecast, and we're not looking at it as a long-term growth driver. But we'll certainly continue to watch the developments around the blockchain technologies as they go forward."

https://www.coindesk.com/amd-cryptocurrency-mining-isnt-a-long-term-growth-driver/

That concludes that even AMD CEO thinks cryptocoins are a scam and or probably will die.  I guess the cryptocoin community needs to prove she is wrong and the best way to do that is, once eth goes pos then another coin will emerge and the same story will repeat again and again but that depends on many things.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
About this DAG fix - if I get lets say 29mh with my rx 480 now, how much more could I get if AMD fixes the DAG issue?

Its irrelevant as you wont have any profit increase.

Irrelevant for you and your limited vision of the 5 main Etherium coins, profit-auto-switch, nvidia competition, people that won't fix their hashrate and several other reasons not exactly clear for dumb people.
Activity: 107
Thank you claymore!

I just had time to switch over to your miner.  I'm impressed!

As reported by your miner with both my Vega FE's: 

GPU_0 = ~34.5 MH/s (852MHz core clock, 1045MHz HBM2 clock, 60C, 97% fan)
GPU_1 = ~36.6 MH/s (852MHz core clock, 1100MHz HBM2 clock, 60C, 97% fan)

With those above settings genoil was reporting 31MH/s and ethermine.org was giving me roughly 31 average.  The ambient temperature in my house is ~40C right now, so I can't run the cards at 1602/1100 without getting into the mid 70's and start experiencing stability issues. 
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
AMD doesn't care about the mining community, but it will be a nice surprise if they do fix the DAG thing with a new driver.

If you think that, you have not been paying attention to the news and real financial markets. After AMD destroyed profit projections and estimated earnings last quarter which gave their stock a significant boost, they definitely care about mining now.

Activity: 91
About this DAG fix - if I get lets say 29mh with my rx 480 now, how much more could I get if AMD fixes the DAG issue?

Its irrelevant as you wont have any profit increase.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
no hashrate change but very thanks for the update  Smiley
Activity: 66
From which hashrate do you recommend "solo" mining? (For example: eu1.ethpool.org:4444) Now I'm using ethermine. Regards!
Jump to: