Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 708. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
how to use -di to select 10th-12th gpu? Huh Huh

Run two instances of claymore
hi, i want the first instance run the 0-7 amd gpu(-di 01234567) and the second run the 8-11 nvidia gpu(-di 891011???), how to do that? Huh Huh
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Run two instances of claymore
Activity: 59
Hey guys....

I receive watchdog GPU errors only when devFee mining (not blaming Claymore). Error only happens at that time. Otherwise, I go for an hour without fail.

I've switch riser kits, and swapped slot position. Error follows that particular card. Error went from GPU3 to GPU0 as I switched.

Card is overclocked using ubermix 1750 straps. Nitro+ Samsung 8Gb. However, the other card that I used was normal mod using stock 1625 straps copied higher.

Any ideas?
Activity: 2
Activity: 4
Thanks for reply but how do you update the drivers with modded bios?
Simply remove old drivers and install new and patch? Will windows install those drivers correctly and will recognise the cards?
Sorry for noob questions..
Activity: 54
Hi Guy's.

Sorry a bit of topic.

Just some info for the power usage for those not knowing, " I'm no expert"

To get some calculations done to know what you need,

you can calculate you Amp's with " P / V = I "  -- " Watt / Voltage = Amp "
Watt = 2000
Volt = 120v (US)
Amp = ?

2000 / 120 = 16.66666666 Amps

Watt = 2000
Volt = 120v (EU/SA)
Amp = ?

2000 / 220 = 9.09090909 Amps

VOLTS TIMES AMPS EQUALS WATTS--

The formula is stated " V x A = W", or, rearranging :  "W = V x A", and further, "A = W/V", or "V =  W/A".  Sometimes, you will see electrical equipment rated with "VA" instead of "W".  The term is identical.

The important lesson here is that a 2000W load on a 120V circuit causes a greater flow of electrons through the circuitry.  Quoting from academic.pgcc.edu/ent/ENT%20171%20Online%20Project/current%20flow.htm below:

"Current Flow is the flow rate of electrons. One ampere of current is a flow rate of 6,250,000,000,000,000,000 electrons per second. As you can see, this is a very large number and the ampere (amp) is a large unit of measure."

So, the greater flow rate in lower voltage circuitry results in more heat being generated as a by-product of electrical resistance.  Is a BitCoin worth burning down an apartment complex?         --scryptr

P.S.  -- 2000W in the USA is more than most household circuits can handle.  An ASRock H110 Pro BTC with 13 FURYs, R9 280Xs, or VEGAs, with a triple PSU rig on 120V means you better have your BTC wallet on a thumb drive and can run faster than the fire.  And the police, and the victims relatives.       --scryptr

That's a great explanation --scryptr , I merely aimed on Watts for the guy's that would like to calculate the amount of pixies (Amps) they will be drawing.

Calculation , of cause (Watt) W = V x A ( where A = I in electrical terms for current )
also (Volt) V = W / A(I) and (Amp) A(I) = W / V.

the explanation was only for using a 2000 Watt PSU on 110volt supply you will consume 18.18 Amp (Current) and that will be bad for a 15A breaker.

de ZS6PX
Activity: 125
Merit: 2
My cards are bios modded and i think i will have to patch newer drivers. I was using 16.x drivers until now.
Do i have to flash back ori bios first for install new drivers or just install the new driver, patch and reboot?

I have a modded bios too. I tried new drivers. The patch works.  But, drivers havn't speedup.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
hello everyone.

PTPA and TS Claymore: off topic

I may need some advise from experts here, Im planning to build a new rig, what would you advise, GTX 1070 or should I wait for the trending VEGA? pls advise. Which one could give a better profit?

Thanks in advance!

hate to say it but profit is going down.. cheap cards hitting the market as everyone is selling off their gear.

ive seen some rx 570 and 580 hit CL for under 300$
Activity: 41
hello everyone.

PTPA and TS Claymore: off topic

I may need some advise from experts here, Im planning to build a new rig, what would you advise, GTX 1070 or should I wait for the trending VEGA? pls advise. Which one could give a better profit?

Thanks in advance!
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

...he said, just before the network difficulty jumped another 10%.   Cheesy Cry
Activity: 4
Hi Claymore and all

My cards are bios modded and i think i will have to patch newer drivers. I was using 16.x drivers until now.
Do i have to flash back ori bios first for install new drivers or just install the new driver, patch and reboot?
Great news anyway!
Activity: 125
Will the new drivers increase speeds past what they were before the slowdown or will we be just back to where we were?  Thanks!

17.7.2 havn't speedup. They do not make sense for it.
Activity: 3
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

Great news! Thank you!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
but if the new drivers are like 17.7.2 nothing works to set clocks/mem/pwr/temps/fans unless they fix this or a new claymore release works with new drivers.
boysie

AMD changed ADL API again. I will release new version with Vega support and working fan control for 17.7.2 drivers (and higher) in 1-2 days.

Will the new drivers increase speeds past what they were before the slowdown or will we be just back to where we were?  Thanks!

I don't see any speedup. Though Vega on new drivers generates ETH DAG within 2 seconds only.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hi Guy's.

Sorry a bit of topic.

Watt = 2000
Volt = 120v (US)
Amp = ?

Watt = 2000
Volt = 120v (EU/SA)
Amp = ?

VOLTS TIMES AMPS EQUALS WATTS--

The formula is stated " V x A = W", or, rearranging :  "W = V x A", and further, "A = W/V", or "V =  W/A".  Sometimes, you will see electrical equipment rated with "VA" instead of "W".  The term is identical.

The important lesson here is that a 2000W load on a 120V circuit causes a greater flow of electrons through the circuitry.  Quoting from academic.pgcc.edu/ent/ENT%20171%20Online%20Project/current%20flow.htm below:

"Current Flow is the flow rate of electrons. One ampere of current is a flow rate of 6,250,000,000,000,000,000 electrons per second. As you can see, this is a very large number and the ampere (amp) is a large unit of measure."

So, the greater flow rate in lower voltage circuitry results in more heat being generated as a by-product of electrical resistance.  Is a BitCoin worth burning down an apartment complex?         --scryptr

P.S.  -- 2000W in the USA is more than most household circuits can handle.  An ASRock H110 Pro BTC with 13 FURYs, R9 280Xs, or VEGAs, with a triple PSU rig on 120V means you better have your BTC wallet on a thumb drive and can run faster than the fire.  And the police, and the victims relatives.       --scryptr
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO
You can still use two 1000w PSU's to run them so you are still kind of wrong  Roll Eyes
dual
psus is dangerous had them catch fire before , crossing rails by accident I NEVER use dual psus anymore

I see no issue to power cards from multiple 600 or 700W cheap power supplies.
I am powering 6xR9 390 with six PS that in total, cost me app. 200$ and it works fine for months
Important to mention that 390 in dual mining draws close to 300W each, 1800W total.
You cannot get 2x1000W PSU for 200$

It should not be dangerous, if you think and do a math a little. Just you need to know what are you doing, than it should run ok.
Activity: 275
Merit: 258

Will the new drivers increase speeds past what they were before the slowdown or will we be just back to where we were?  Thanks!
Activity: 54
Hi Guy's.

Sorry a bit of topic.

Watt = 2000
Volt = 120v (US)
Amp = ?

Watt = 2000
Volt = 220v (EU/SA)
Amp = ?

Activity: 234

AAAAAAAWeeeeeeeSOMMMMeeeeeeeeeeeee
Activity: 43

but if the new drivers are like 17.7.2 nothing works to set clocks/mem/pwr/temps/fans unless they fix this or a new claymore release works with new drivers.

boysie
Jump to: