Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 712. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
New version with Vega support is close, currently I see 35-36 MH/s ETH at stock clocks and huge speed for second coins. But it's too hot even at 1.0v for core and 0.9v for memory.

Hey Claymore, have you lowered core clock massively ?  Should be as or more efficient than an 580, it is possible.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
New version with Vega support is close, currently I see 35-36 MH/s ETH at stock clocks and huge speed for second coins. But it's too hot even at 1.0v for core and 0.9v for memory.

Is there a secondary coin that Vega is best at?  I might start dual mining with your next release.  Up until now I've only been mining ETH.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I just started decred mining on at the same time as Ethereum on my 1070 and I get 25-26MH/s for Ethereum which is around normal for base clocked but for decred I get 250MH/s which according to other people online with 1070s is 1/10th of what I should be getting. How can I fix this for decred? I'm mining decred on the Supernova pool.

USE A HIGH "-dcri" VALUE--

Start with a value of "-dcri 75" and adjust.  It will at least double your secondary coin hashrate, with little effect on your ETH hashrate.   CUDA cards are wired that way.

I just answered this same question a page or so  back.       --scryptr

That did it thanks
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
As I said before, AMD is going to fix the DAG issue for both Vega and Polaris, and new drivers will be available soon.

Hi, Claymore!
Please, don't think that i'm trying to say you are lieer. But all this more looks like a rumor. No any other signs of AMD activity, only your posts. Can you, please, tell us on what is your confidence based? Maybe you can show some screenshots of your communications with AMD and where we could see words of AMD workers telling that they are going to fix this issue?
Thanks!

I tell you what I know from AMD engineers, I'm not going to prove anything, it's up to you believe me or not.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
I just started decred mining on at the same time as Ethereum on my 1070 and I get 25-26MH/s for Ethereum which is around normal for base clocked but for decred I get 250MH/s which according to other people online with 1070s is 1/10th of what I should be getting. How can I fix this for decred? I'm mining decred on the Supernova pool.

USE A HIGH "-dcri" VALUE--

Start with a value of "-dcri 75" and adjust.  It will at least double your secondary coin hashrate, with little effect on your ETH hashrate.   CUDA cards are wired that way.

I just answered this same question a page or so  back.       --scryptr
Activity: 5
Activity: 3
As I said before, AMD is going to fix the DAG issue for both Vega and Polaris, and new drivers will be available soon.

Hi, Claymore!

Please, don't think that i'm trying to say you are lieer. But all this more looks like a rumor. No any other signs of AMD activity, only your posts. Can you, please, tell us on what is your confidence based? Maybe you can show some screenshots of your communications with AMD and where we could see words of AMD workers telling that they are going to fix this issue?

Thanks!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi all,

If I mine ETH only all works fine with a hashrate of 181MHs.
When I try to dual mine ETH+DCR (-dcri 30) I get 180MHs (ETH) + 5000MHs (DCR).

The problem is that while dual mining I got almost 1% of incorrect shares and looking the hashrate at poolsize I got under 170MHs (-6%).

Could someone help me to figure out where is the problem?

Thanks!!

Config?

EthDcrMiner64.exe -mport 3333 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal myethwallet -epsw x -dpool dcr.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal mydcrwallet -dpsw x

All the GPUs are RX580 8GB Hynix and are running at 1200/2250 with a custom strap and -125mv offset.

Some GPUs have a little amount of memmory errors but they aren't correlated with the incorrect shares (I got incorrect shares on GPUs with 0 errors).

The total power at the wall is 1150w dual mining and 900w mining ETH only.

This does not add up. In BIOS you have to set an exact value for voltage, but you say you use MSI AB style.
could you please share PBE screenshot.

False - edits with PBE trash are absolute, and work on few OSs, while offsets work globally.

I appologize but I did not understand your comment. Let me re-phrase my query.
I have RX 580.
I want to downvolt.
How do I do that?
Wattool does not work for RX580.
MSI Afterburner does work. But the maximum I can do is -96mv. Which gives me 0.931 For GPU core.
How do I apply -125mv. I can use PBE and apply voltage there but i have to use an exact value eg 900.

My question to "fjriosp" was to show how does he apply -125 with PBE?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Activity: 1
hi
I have problem
GpuMiner cu_k00 failed 4, unspecified launch failure.
rig is working without rejects and stales (eth+dcr) about 2-5 hours and then this error.
3x1070 in rig.
can you halp me?
Hi guys,

I have been trying to build my first rig, i am having troubles running claymore with 5 gpus, everytime i try one random gpu fails and the miner restarts....
windows 10 recognizes the 5 cards
with 4 gpus it works fine ,
any idea of what it could be?
i am running 4 rx570 BIOS mod  with windows 10 and  asrock h81 pro btcr2.0

Any idea of what it could be?

Run cards one by one with stock settings. If you do it applying common sense you find find your culprit easily. Without specific details about your configuration no one will figure it out for you.
Activity: 29
Hi guys,

I have been trying to build my first rig, i am having troubles running claymore with 5 gpus, everytime i try one random gpu fails and the miner restarts....

Probably PSU issue. Not related to Claymore so open another thread and give us some details on what kind of Bios Mod, if you're Dual mining, what kind of PSU, what cards etc.
the mining bushiness starts to attract very special ppl

I must point out that is true of every industry.  I'm a machinist and do CAD work on the side.  You would not believe the kinds of things people bring to have made and what's acceptable to them.  The frightening thing is some of the work we've done for aerospace...
Activity: 10
Hi guys,

Activity: 51
Merit: 2
Hey guys! Anyone tried this new AMD driver that has been released a few days ago.
Claymore said AMD will release a new driver that solves DAG hashrate drop. This might be it?

Is it THAT hard to read previous max 10 posts?

Or even just first one on this page?

This is an amazing phenomena. Obviously the person DID READ the thread thoroughly before to find what claymore said, BUT then suddenly decided STOP reading and firing SAME question again and again.

the mining bushiness starts to attract very special ppl
Hey guys! Anyone tried this new AMD driver that has been released a few days ago.
Claymore said AMD will release a new driver that solves DAG hashrate drop. This might be it?

Is it THAT hard to read previous max 10 posts?

Or even just first one on this page?

This is an amazing phenomena. Obviously the person DID READ the thread thoroughly before to find what claymore said, BUT then suddenly decided STOP reading and firing SAME question again and again.
Activity: 66
correction: fortunately!!!
you and other brilliant minds who decided to download claymore not from claymore made them fortune Smiley
[/quote]

Why? Could you explain this afirmation or is simple irony?

If you suspect the POOL have you tried to ask this question to them?
Do you see a "Dev Fee" during the time of those "hacks" ?
Please provide screenshots.

Sorry, I have got mistake, I downloaded Claymore v9.7 from this web:

http://worldvision.vn/U1/huong-dan-su-dung-tool-cay-coins_c93/huong-dan-va-dowload-tool-cay-coin-claymore-ethereum-9-7--eth--all-phien-ban_c215.htm

And unfortunately, they already modified dpool.txt and epool.txt to lead the pool to their wallet without any announcement to user.

I've replaced that one with pool which downloaded from bitcointalk.org. I think everything will be fine.

[/quote]

correction: fortunately!!!
you and other brilliant minds who decided to download claymore not from claymore made them fortune Smiley
Hi all,

If I mine ETH only all works fine with a hashrate of 181MHs.
When I try to dual mine ETH+DCR (-dcri 30) I get 180MHs (ETH) + 5000MHs (DCR).

The problem is that while dual mining I got almost 1% of incorrect shares and looking the hashrate at poolsize I got under 170MHs (-6%).

Could someone help me to figure out where is the problem?

Thanks!!

Config?

EthDcrMiner64.exe -mport 3333 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal myethwallet -epsw x -dpool dcr.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal mydcrwallet -dpsw x

All the GPUs are RX580 8GB Hynix and are running at 1200/2250 with a custom strap and -125mv offset.

Some GPUs have a little amount of memmory errors but they aren't correlated with the incorrect shares (I got incorrect shares on GPUs with 0 errors).

The total power at the wall is 1150w dual mining and 900w mining ETH only.

This does not add up. In BIOS you have to set an exact value for voltage, but you say you use MSI AB style.
could you please share PBE screenshot.
What are the expected improvments for the 9.8 version ?

my fingers are crossed hoping for vega support
Jump to: