Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 736. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 6
^ lower the OC

Has anyone heard a timeline for undervolting on linux?  Seems like we are waiting on AMD to provide proper driver support, is that still the case?

THanks

Thanks for the suggestion.  This GPU ran stably for three days straight before I shut down the rig to add a few more GPUs to it.  Now this particular GPU is hanging every time, so I don't think it's the OC.

Any other ideas?

Maybe you messed up a riser dongle?  I'd say double check that for lose connections.  I just had one of my black wires on the riser power come out of the molex housing. 

Thanks, I'll check that next.  For now I'm running that one card solo to see how it goes.  Maybe it's a power draw issue?  Using a 1kW supply and these 580s draw 180/each, and I think the power draw for each one spikes sometimes while mining.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
^ lower the OC

Has anyone heard a timeline for undervolting on linux?  Seems like we are waiting on AMD to provide proper driver support, is that still the case?

THanks

Thanks for the suggestion.  This GPU ran stably for three days straight before I shut down the rig to add a few more GPUs to it.  Now this particular GPU is hanging every time, so I don't think it's the OC.

Any other ideas?

Maybe you messed up a riser dongle?  I'd say double check that for lose connections.  I just had one of my black wires on the riser power come out of the molex housing. 
Activity: 31
FYI

With 6pcs of GTX 1070, I'm still running the rig 7/24 for a month now with no any problems, consuming 770W. Still using the latest GeForce drivers, v9.7 miner, but I changed to dual mine a week ago: ETH+DCR. Results 182/1820 MH/s with dcri 30. Avg. GPU temp: 59°C
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Any news on when support for Vega will materialize?  My vega cards are sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick them up!
^ lower the OC

THanks

Any other ideas?

The whole rig becomes non-responsive as well.  Not sure what's going on.
Activity: 32
Hi guys, I have a noob question here. How do I set the following environment variables in Ubuntu?

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I know "setx" is used in windows, but how do I do it in linux?. I've tried Google search but could not find answers. TIA.

USE THE COMMAND "EXPORT"--

At the top of your BASH script, place the following:

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

Please note that the syntax is slightly different.  An "equal" sign is required.         --scryptr

Thank you very much, scryptr!!!
^ lower the OC

THanks

Any other ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hi guys, I have a noob question here. How do I set the following environment variables in Ubuntu?

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

I know "setx" is used in windows, but how do I do it in linux?. I've tried Google search but could not find answers. TIA.

USE THE COMMAND "EXPORT"--

At the top of your BASH script, place the following:

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

Please note that the syntax is slightly different.  An "equal" sign is required.         --scryptr

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

use "export"before the line

Are you undervolting at all on ubuntu?  If so, how?
Activity: 32

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Activity: 14
https://i.imgur.com/UctYbJ1l.jpg

Can anyon e help me to avoid this?

My wife's PC is doing this everyday for few hours.
My PC is fine (same bat file, except worker name)

Thanks.

Check your network connection, if you use wireless, change it to cable.

It's on wireless, you might be right. While my main PC is on cable.
^ lower the OC

THanks
Does anyone know what the most common/probable causes are for a gpu hanging?  One of my RX580s hangs after about 15 or 20 minutes every time.  Very frustrating.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Thanks.

Check your network connection, if you use wireless, change it to cable.
Activity: 14
https://i.imgur.com/UctYbJ1l.jpg

Thanks.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
i think  i found a bug:

- on my AMD rig  the command -r 60 restart claymore every 60minutes like it should,
- on my NVIDIA rig the exact same command restart the whole computer... why ?
Activity: 20
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Any chance to revert the new gpu indexing method? Or have a switch to change it between new and old. Claymore stopped working with NiceHashMiner after the changes, it is always the wrong gpu that starts mining, when nicehash starts claymore.

If you really need it, use "-dontsortgpu 1" option (undocumented).
Activity: 20
Any chance to revert the new gpu indexing method? Or have a switch to change it between new and old. Claymore stopped working with NiceHashMiner after the changes, it is always the wrong gpu that starts mining, when nicehash starts claymore.
Activity: 54
Dual Mining is NOT stable.
I returned to the ETH only mode.

You've used -ethi 0 and it's still not working?
The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".

Is it normal to have only 16% gpu usage on HwInfo ?  Huh

i'm getting about 230 Mh/s @ 1000watt ( 4 rx480 + 4 rx 580 )

That's awesome. How is this possible?
My 2x R290 needs 550W for 50Mh/s
Jump to: