Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 752. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi everyone
I am new to mining. Setup my rig with 5 x GTX1060 (the 6th GPU is on back order) and I am using Claymore V9.7
3 x Asus Strix OC 6GB
2 x Gigabyte Windforce OC 6GB
They are all using Micron memory chip. I am getting default Eth hashrate of 19.xMH/s. Power usage = 560W.
I tried to OC using MSI AfterBurner and have attempted various settings but with success. It keeps crashing.

1) PL 100% Core 0 Mem +650
[Artifacts on screen]

2) PL 100% Core 0 Mem +600
[Getting 23.2 MH/s - Power usage 610W. No ideal as I am only running 5 cards. If I add the 6th, power usage will be approx. 720W - this is bad]

3) PL 65% Core 0 Mem +500
 [Getting 22.5MH/s - Power usage 430W. Stable for 2 hours but crashed when I open Internet browser. Attempted 2nd time and it crashed after 15mins. Crash as in I am getting 1.44MH/s on GPU1 and GPU3 after some time and the PC is VERY SLOW, UNRESPONSIVE and had to reboot. Checked log and found error - 1bcc   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred]

Not sure how to optimise to get a stable mining performance. Checked forum and saw some ppl did it with PL 65% Core +200 Mem +900-1000 but this didn't work for me. Immediate crash.

How do you guys optimise? I suppose we start from increasing the Mem, then find the sweet spot and adjust the PL leaving Core untouched? I can get good results but they wont last, probably crash after 5 to 20mins.

Do I have shitty cards?
Activity: 16
I noticed just Before the "cannot get current temperature, error 999" ( and 1 cards shuts down ), i see a small windows loading circle.

Anone knows anything to disable in windows 10 that can be the cause of these crashes? I have already disabled windows update.

Check your power management policy (Start -> Run -> powercfg.cpl) and make sure that PCIE Link State Power Management is disabled (Off)

its off, just checked it again.
What could it possible be? Can this scenario cause any problems:
I have asrock h81 pro btc, , i have plugged in the monitor to the 16x slot, that cant be it right?
When i added the cards, i just added them all and then installed drivers. All cards are shown in device manager.
Anyone recommend doing a Clean with DDU, then starting with 1 card on the 16x or the closest pcie from the cpu, installting nvidia drivers and then adding 1 card and rebooting?
Cant really Think this is the problem but i am desperate...
Activity: 67
I noticed just Before the "cannot get current temperature, error 999" ( and 1 cards shuts down ), i see a small windows loading circle.

Anone knows anything to disable in windows 10 that can be the cause of these crashes? I have already disabled windows update.

Check your power management policy (Start -> Run -> powercfg.cpl) and make sure that PCIE Link State Power Management is disabled (Off)
Activity: 16

Activity: 11
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Is there s way to limit GPU usage when using Claymore ? I own 1080Ti, but for mining purposes I would like to allocate only 50% of its resources. I need the other 50% of power to be able to work on my PC.

Found "-ethi" command, but putting "-ethi 0" in .bat file still doesn't seems to fix the issue. I get lower hash rates, but only by a bit (~30Mh/s) and GPU usage is at about 95%.

I've found that with my GTX 970, running about 90% load with the miner means I can do most other tasks without issue.  Can even play some old games like the first Far Cry and Half-Life 2.

Did you use "-ethi 0" or something else ?

I think I'm at -ethi 1 or 2
Activity: 810
Merit: 444
Thank you for this new version and special thanks for the nVidia boost :-).
Activity: 2
I am interested in tithing my profits but would like to automate.  I am thinking that dual mode would be a good way to accomplish this.  But I do not see setting to allocate 10% resources to a specific pool.  I was thinking that -dcri option would be my best option, but am not sure.  I guess I could specify one GPU to a specific pool.  But I have 6 GPU's and that is more than I want to tithe (1/6 is about 16%). Are there any ideas or suggestions for me to accomplish this? TIA!
Activity: 14
realized i was using v9.2  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry  updated to 9.7 we will see if i have the same issues.
I'm using the latest driver for 6 pieces of GTX 1070 in 7/24 with no problems: 180 MH/s.

can you share your settings? i have 5 1060 and it locks up after 20 min of use and i need to reboot the system. i can only pin it on the miner.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -mode 1 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xb3f095c58ccefe4a596350fbf1397720857f3971.YourRig -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

GPU & other settings were posted just a few lines above, also you can read my blog for all the details: jukesays.wordpress.com

o ok, i didn't know if you had any other parameters in there. thanks
Activity: 35
Is there s way to limit GPU usage when using Claymore ? I own 1080Ti, but for mining purposes I would like to allocate only 50% of its resources. I need the other 50% of power to be able to work on my PC.

Found "-ethi" command, but putting "-ethi 0" in .bat file still doesn't seems to fix the issue. I get lower hash rates, but only by a bit (~30Mh/s) and GPU usage is at about 95%.

I've found that with my GTX 970, running about 90% load with the miner means I can do most other tasks without issue.  Can even play some old games like the first Far Cry and Half-Life 2.

Did you use "-ethi 0" or something else ?
Activity: 31
I'm using the latest driver for 6 pieces of GTX 1070 in 7/24 with no problems: 180 MH/s.

can you share your settings? i have 5 1060 and it locks up after 20 min of use and i need to reboot the system. i can only pin it on the miner.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -mode 1 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xb3f095c58ccefe4a596350fbf1397720857f3971.YourRig -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

GPU & other settings were posted just a few lines above, also you can read my blog for all the details: jukesays.wordpress.com
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Activity: 23
Claymore 9.7

MSI 1060 3G Hynix Memory
+200 Core
+550 Memory

Giving me about 19.5 Mh/s on ETH SOLO.
So this version is not for Hynix Memory?
Only who have 20+ Mh/s is Samsung
Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.6 recommends nVidia driver 368.81 while I'm using 382.53).

Does it means that Claymore's Dual ETH 9.6 just recommends driver that was actual on v9.6 was released ?  Should I downgrade 382.53 to 368.81 ?

Or maybe update to actual version is 384.76 (2017.6.29) ?

Activity: 35

Activity: 287
Merit: 100
for Nvidia, do we still need to use the old 372.54 drivers or the latest 384.76?

Thanks
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Does -ttli option works with Nvidia cards?
I can not see any changes

You are correct, it is ignored for Nvidia cards currently. I will fix it in next update.

I think when application that terminates abruptly like in this case the ports that get opened have nothing to tell them to close and make them available again so when the application starts up again and tries to open the port it's already open but not connected to the currently running process.
Zombies...
It's a problem.... Cause any application can get terminated ... And bat to restart is useless.... It should restart PC at all...
Maybe  Claymore can add option --selectnextfreeport - if select or default mport is locked - try to use next free port to avoid such problem...
Yes, such option would be great.

It's bad idea because remote manager won't know that new port is used. Just set "-mport 0" if you don't use remote manager.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

I think when application that terminates abruptly like in this case the ports that get opened have nothing to tell them to close and make them available again so when the application starts up again and tries to open the port it's already open but not connected to the currently running process.

Zombies...

It's a problem.... Cause any application can get terminated ... And bat to restart is useless.... It should restart PC at all...

Maybe  Claymore can add option --selectnextfreeport - if select or default mport is locked - try to use next free port to avoid such problem...

Yes, such option would be great.
Jump to: