Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 814. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
So, I set up my environment variables in my batch script that look like this:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

However, when I actually run the batch file, it's giving me the output below:

'GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
'GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
'GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
'GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
'GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

It never used to do this.  Used to always say "SUCCESS".  The miner however still starts to mine with a hashrate of about 115 Mh/s.  Weird.  I did update to the latest AMD Radeon Software Version drivers 17.5.1, and I've had some intermittent crashes in the past since I've updated to these drivers.  I'm wondering if I should roll the drivers back to an older release?  I'm running Windows 10, and have a 5 GPU system (3 RX480s and 2 RX470s).  Just not sure why Claymore wouldn't recognize those GPU_ commands.  Any ideas?

try setx before each of those in your bat

Yep that was it!  Forgot to set those.  Thank you sir!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

'GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

It never used to do this.  Used to always say "SUCCESS".  The miner however still starts to mine with a hashrate of about 115 Mh/s.  Weird.  I did update to the latest AMD Radeon Software Version drivers 17.5.1, and I've had some intermittent crashes in the past since I've updated to these drivers.  I'm wondering if I should roll the drivers back to an older release?  I'm running Windows 10, and have a 5 GPU system (3 RX480s and 2 RX470s).  Just not sure why Claymore wouldn't recognize those GPU_ commands.  Any ideas?

try setx before each of those in your bat
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I use 5 rx480 8GB with dual mining UBQ and DCR
Before that it was dual mining ETH and DCR.

All run great for few months. Now my GPU0 (with monitor attached) hangs at startup. Any other card I attach monitor hangs on startup every time. Sometimes it can run well for 1h, but after that all hangs. I have lattest drivers, PC recognises all GPUs, everything looks ok. I gave little bit more power to GPU0 because of monitor.

(Wattman settings)
gpu 0: 1050   1000
memory: 2070   1000
fan: 1600   2600   65
power: 85    0

gpu 1 and others: 1050   950
memory: 2100   950
fan: 1600   2600   65
power: 85    0

Activity: 4
Can you change -ethi on the fly? +/- are for altcoin intensity. Any way to bind them to -ethi, perfecly for 2 GPU seperately?
Activity: 60
@Claymore is that truth about drop of hashrate? Can you fix it? Are we doomed?

AMD 100% is the best choice right now if you exclude the shortages. If you can get your hands on 580s for less then $300 or even $400 they're worth buying. They use the same amount of energy as a 1070 (give or take), and you can mine mainstream coins with them to get decent revenue. With Nvidia you have to mine niche coins which are easily saturated or you make like 30% less with a 1070 vs a 580 (Equihash vs Eth+Sia). AMD also has niche coins, which you can also find that Nvidia is bad at.

Mainstream coins offer stability and safeguards against your revenue dropping out from under you, either due to a big miner hoping on it, buy support disappearing, or the market just outright crashing. There is absolutely no reason to buy Nvidia. You offer absolutely no points to back up your argument besides 'Nvidia best4evar'. I mean I want to feel good about the $10k worth of hardware I bought too, but that's not the way reality works.

current generation of polaris cards (rx470, rx480, rx570, rx580) has this tlb trashing bug again with epoch from current and higher loosing half of hashrate on epoch 199.
It is observed with claymore miner with current drivers. Dunno if it can be fixed. So if nothing will change you will be sticked to low epoch dagger-hashimoto coins just like with Tahiti cards.

I would like to know more information about this issue if possible. I tried doing a search and havent found anything. thanks
Activity: 105
Is it possible to set RemoteManager for monitoring 2 rigs with external ip? They have different local ip.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks
Dear Claymore, can you improve the Manager for monitoring rigs with external ip?
(Thanks for your job you have done already)
Activity: 105
Is it possible to set RemoteManager for monitoring 2 rigs with external ip? They have different local ip.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks
Activity: 4
Hello, awesome miner, i Love it so much i bought another GTX 970.
My question is , can I run it with SLI enabled? It had 0 hashrate and locks up system.
Is there some switch taht will ignore SLI? I dont want to turn SLI off and on all the time.
This is gaming computer/mining rig Wink
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Which would be the best settings for 1070 and which coin combination?
Regards
Activity: 26
Hi i have nvidia 970 and i mine only 3mh/s is it ok? Fanspeed is only 33% how can i get more from my card? I have new driver, last version this program , windows 10

It is someting in setting or what can i do ?
Check the Nvidia Control Panel, 3D parameters, add the miner's *.exe file and find here the "Optimize for Compute Performance" option and try to ON it and check if it is any difference.
Activity: 26
hi. i have a gtx 1070 and gtx 1080

how do i tell the miner to only utilize the gtx 1080? Thanks!
See the "-di" option here in 1st post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925
Hcx
Activity: 5
Hi i have nvidia 970 and i mine only 3mh/s is it ok? Fanspeed is only 33% how can i get more from my card? I have new driver, last version this program , windows 10

It is someting in setting or what can i do ?
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
hi. i have a gtx 1070 and gtx 1080

how do i tell the miner to only utilize the gtx 1080? Thanks!
Activity: 96
@Claymore is that truth about drop of hashrate? Can you fix it? Are we doomed?

AMD 100% is the best choice right now if you exclude the shortages. If you can get your hands on 580s for less then $300 or even $400 they're worth buying. They use the same amount of energy as a 1070 (give or take), and you can mine mainstream coins with them to get decent revenue. With Nvidia you have to mine niche coins which are easily saturated or you make like 30% less with a 1070 vs a 580 (Equihash vs Eth+Sia). AMD also has niche coins, which you can also find that Nvidia is bad at.

Mainstream coins offer stability and safeguards against your revenue dropping out from under you, either due to a big miner hoping on it, buy support disappearing, or the market just outright crashing. There is absolutely no reason to buy Nvidia. You offer absolutely no points to back up your argument besides 'Nvidia best4evar'. I mean I want to feel good about the $10k worth of hardware I bought too, but that's not the way reality works.

current generation of polaris cards (rx470, rx480, rx570, rx580) has this tlb trashing bug again with epoch from current and higher loosing half of hashrate on epoch 199.
It is observed with claymore miner with current drivers. Dunno if it can be fixed. So if nothing will change you will be sticked to low epoch dagger-hashimoto coins just like with Tahiti cards.

Activity: 382
Merit: 251
Kaspersky keeps deleting my miner executable, should I just add it to exceptions or is there gonna be a fix for it ?

Here is how I do. I put everything related to mining such as miner software, tweaks etc and add an exception to my kaspersky for this directory.
Kaspersky will not check it at all so nothing gets deleted from these folders in this directory.
Activity: 128
Kaspersky keeps deleting my miner executable, should I just add it to exceptions or is there gonna be a fix for it ?

just add it to exceptions
Activity: 3
I realized that I was still running 1.0 beta.  Downloaded 9.5 and everything is running fine.  Not sure why 1.0 beta broke...?  Thanks!
Activity: 19
Merit: 1
I'm having a issue with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 on my 1060 3GB.

ETH only I get about 18Mh/s, dual w/ LBC I get 16Mh/s (Eth) and 33Mh/s (LBC).  Sia is a similar story.  My LBC hashrate should be closer to 150 Mh/s. 

This is on a EVGA 1060 3GB SC.  I have ample power going to the cards.  I've tried googling all over, but can't find much mention of something like this happening. On Linux I'm using the proprietary drivers.

(Note: This is on two different machines. The only common hardware is the graphics card itself)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, I have the same issue with the latest batch of ASUS cards. They have Hynix ram in them (not sure if it makes a difference). I'm getting 18mh no matter what I do - and can overclock the mem only to about +500 before they crash. All drivers do the same, it's definitely the cards. I kinda gave up, and thought oh well, make the most of it before the flood of hashrate that will hit us in a few weeks from all the new batches of AMD cards that are about to hit the network.

IF anyone has any suggestions, please hit us up.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Sr. Web Developer / Msg for work inquiries
Jump to: