Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 824. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 13
Hello everyone.

I’m a new guy in this forum and i come to expose my big problème with claymore.
I don’t find solution and nobody knows how to help me.

I mine with 6 RX 480 4Go Nitro Sapphire on windows 10.

As you cas see on this picture, i have good result BUT, about FAN, i can’t see all of GPU.
I always see the GPU0 FAN.
I don’t know why, but before i always see all of GPU FANS.

And i use MISafterburer to OC my cards but claymore just OC the GPU0 and not all cards.
I think it's probably because i just see gpu0 fans.

Have you an explication about my problème ?  
I test claymore 9,4, and 9,5 but this problème existe on all claymore version.

Thank you.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Sooooo was Claymore hacked last night (UK time)? Connection dropped on mine and my housemate's rigs for about 15 mins, we were getting the failed to connect, retrying after 20s error. Since then, for the past 8 hours, my Ether balance has not increased.
CLAYMORE GOT HACKED CONFIRMED! Nice first post!
/s

Claymore is hacked by tons of newbies. Attacked by them in PM too. Maybe I need to create another FAQ for newbies, but most of them will not read it.
Just some quick answers to recent questions:

1. If you think that the miner will mine even if you turn off the router, wait a couple of minutes more, it will stop.
2. Place all command line arguments in .BAT file in a single line. Arguments from the second line will be ignored.
3. Use latest version if you have problems with DCR or SIA.
4. I don't have any private versions with +50% speed.
5. I'm a software developer, so I think I cannot help you to build your mining rig properly or provide you with the list of necessary parts, please ask this question here on forum or search here, there are many threads related to hardware.
6. Please read Readme.txt or original post of this thread for command line samples, options description and FAQ.
7. I don't have miners for Tesla, IBM CPUs, Phi or for very old GPUs.
8. Mining on laptops is a bad idea.
9. You will not see full hashrate on pool immediately, you have to wait for 24 hours at least.
10. If miner cannot generate DAG file, check environment variables (see Readme), check if your GPU has 3GB memory at least, and check if you have enough virtual memory (pagefile). If all this does not help, try to install more physical RAM.

And sometimes I see really interesting messages. Recently I got PM from a newbie account, he found the issue with Pascal nonces from the log file. I was impressed.

LOL you are a legend dude. thanks for your work and please enjoy the 5 cents per day from my little operation... dont hack me pls
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Hi Everybody:

As a lot of messages I have seen here, I will start stating that I'm new here and new in mining, I started mining on friday, so far great, I have learnt a lot.

Right now I am mining with only 3 ASUS STRIX RX580 8GB OC, I have reduced the GPU clock in 5% and increased the memory clock speed to 2200 MHz, I have got 27.4 MH/s from 24.5MH/s, all this in AMDs Wattman, I had problems with the Asus Aura Light Effects, it seems it mess with the MH/s fluency, It is off and uninstalled now.

I have read about some widely known power adjustments, I understand the idea is to reduce voltage, so reduce power consumption, and increase memory clock speed, so increase MH/s, I have read too about doing it with AMDs Wattman or MSIs AfterBurner, and about bios flashing.

Knowing many has been able to get 29MH/s and 135 Watts of power from this cards, my questions so far are the following:

- There is need to flash a new bios to get the best performance?, if so, how many MH/s could I get?, or power reduction?.
- If I can get similar improvements with AMDs Wattman, which are the parameters I must use?.

Thank you very much for your support.

Carlos

If you're still using Windows (which is about as stable as a house of cards during a hurricane), then you can easily undervolt using MSI AB or whatever. Also, only 27.4MH/s? Those can't be Samsung, are they?

How do you check for memory errors under Linux? I was asking this question few times with no answer Sad

Quite serious ones will appear in the kernel log - so you'd just check dmesg. I'm pretty sure there's a register with the count somewhere in the space, if I directly access the GPU (not bothering with the driver), but there's already SO MUCH awesome shit I can do with this access that I have yet to implement (and I've implemented plenty!) so it's not that high on my TODO list...

So thats it. There is no way for nonterminal gurus to easilly check for memory errors. I am about 25 years Mac user, also have some FreeBSD & Linux servers. I like Unixes and hate Win, but.... For example this little HWinfo64 is really handy and easy to use. I would like to try build a linux miner system but don't want to ruin my cards running them on the edge of millions of hw errors without knowing it...
And the solution to first run them on Win to find each cards limits, then flash those values into their bioses and after that run them under Linux seems a bit uncomfortable, don't ya think? Smiley
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
what's with the Claymore 9.5 not working switched to 9.4 works
Activity: 10
Hi, ive looked eveywhere and cant find an answer.
Could someone please tell me what ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
mean when i look at the miner ?
Cheers

key is stuck on your keyboard

Haha very funny, i did actually check that though,
Anyone else ?
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Hi Everybody:

As a lot of messages I have seen here, I will start stating that I'm new here and new in mining, I started mining on friday, so far great, I have learnt a lot.

Right now I am mining with only 3 ASUS STRIX RX580 8GB OC, I have reduced the GPU clock in 5% and increased the memory clock speed to 2200 MHz, I have got 27.4 MH/s from 24.5MH/s, all this in AMDs Wattman, I had problems with the Asus Aura Light Effects, it seems it mess with the MH/s fluency, It is off and uninstalled now.

I have read about some widely known power adjustments, I understand the idea is to reduce voltage, so reduce power consumption, and increase memory clock speed, so increase MH/s, I have read too about doing it with AMDs Wattman or MSIs AfterBurner, and about bios flashing.

Knowing many has been able to get 29MH/s and 135 Watts of power from this cards, my questions so far are the following:

- There is need to flash a new bios to get the best performance?, if so, how many MH/s could I get?, or power reduction?.
- If I can get similar improvements with AMDs Wattman, which are the parameters I must use?.

Thank you very much for your support.

Carlos

If you're still using Windows (which is about as stable as a house of cards during a hurricane), then you can easily undervolt using MSI AB or whatever. Also, only 27.4MH/s? Those can't be Samsung, are they?

How do you check for memory errors under Linux? I was asking this question few times with no answer Sad
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
@OP keep up the good work you have zero competition, anybody who gripes about the 2% can use other software and make 20% less.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Yeah, RX 570 (elpida ram), mining ETH+Sia.
One card does it, the other ones seem fine. Just plain weird.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore, have you got any idea of what might be impacting memory controller load? One of my cards has load going up and down wildly (all the other 13 are fine at 100%). I've tried raising/lowering voltage, memory voltage, tdp, everything. I've even tried tweaking -dcri but it actually did not change anything. Ironically it's my card with the highest asic (90.5). I'm out of ideas...

Is it Polaris card? I still see strange memory load fluctuations in dual mode, mostly on Polaris cards, it is something related to hardware, but currently I have no ideas what exactly.
Claymore, have you got any idea of what might be impacting memory controller load? One of my cards has load going up and down wildly (all the other 13 are fine at 100%). I've tried raising/lowering voltage, memory voltage, tdp, everything. I've even tried tweaking -dcri but it actually did not change anything. Ironically it's my card with the highest asic (90.5). I'm out of ideas...
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Sooooo was Claymore hacked last night (UK time)? Connection dropped on mine and my housemate's rigs for about 15 mins, we were getting the failed to connect, retrying after 20s error. Since then, for the past 8 hours, my Ether balance has not increased.
/s

Claymore is hacked by tons of newbies. Attacked by them in PM too. Maybe I need to create another FAQ for newbies, but most of them will not read it.
Just some quick answers to recent questions:

1. If you think that the miner will mine even if you turn off the router, wait a couple of minutes more, it will stop.
2. Place all command line arguments in .BAT file in a single line. Arguments from the second line will be ignored.
3. Use latest version if you have problems with DCR or SIA.
4. I don't have any private versions with +50% speed.
5. I'm a software developer, so I think I cannot help you to build your mining rig properly or provide you with the list of necessary parts, please ask this question here on forum or search here, there are many threads related to hardware.
6. Please read Readme.txt or original post of this thread for command line samples, options description and FAQ.
7. I don't have miners for Tesla, IBM CPUs, Phi or for very old GPUs.
8. Mining on laptops is a bad idea.
9. You will not see full hashrate on pool immediately, you have to wait for 24 hours at least.
10. If miner cannot generate DAG file, check environment variables (see Readme), check if your GPU has 3GB memory at least, and check if you have enough virtual memory (pagefile). If all this does not help, try to install more physical RAM.

And sometimes I see really interesting messages. Recently I got PM from a newbie account, he found the issue with Pascal nonces from the log file. I was impressed.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Is there option to disable Nvidia fan/temperature (NVML) monitoring?
Due high memory OC it makes me a problem and miner restarts more then it should with recent versions
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Hey guys, im only getting 12.6 mh/s with an r9 280x, it should be 20+... how can i ensure that the miner is using the crimson 15.12 that i installed? virtual memory is set to 16gb. mining ethereum only, with recommended initial settings.

WRONG - you're reading SUPER-outdated info. As I said earlier in the thread - GCN 1 devices suffer as the DAG increases in size... even though it can fit the whole DAG in its memory, due to the memory controller having issues with shit that big, I think. Your hashrate is as expected.... and it's only gonna get worse.
That is actually starting to scare me. I've got a bunch of 4GB RX 570 cards, how long do you reckon until the size of the DAG starts impacting me?

...this is really REALLY getting old. You could seriously have googled the words "ETH mining 4GB" and got your answer. 4GB will supposedly become an issue in 2019, but supposedly eth will go POS before that. If you have no idea what that means, you could google "eth pos".
Actually, googling the words "ETH mining 4GB" does not give a decent answer, smartass.
I was just chiming into the discussion. You on the other hand seem to be trolling quite a bit, looking at your last few posts.

you're right, I didn't spoonfeed it. Sorry. If calling people out for their inability to google is trolling, then you got me.
Hey guys, im only getting 12.6 mh/s with an r9 280x, it should be 20+... how can i ensure that the miner is using the crimson 15.12 that i installed? virtual memory is set to 16gb. mining ethereum only, with recommended initial settings.

WRONG - you're reading SUPER-outdated info. As I said earlier in the thread - GCN 1 devices suffer as the DAG increases in size... even though it can fit the whole DAG in its memory, due to the memory controller having issues with shit that big, I think. Your hashrate is as expected.... and it's only gonna get worse.
That is actually starting to scare me. I've got a bunch of 4GB RX 570 cards, how long do you reckon until the size of the DAG starts impacting me?

...this is really REALLY getting old. You could seriously have googled the words "ETH mining 4GB" and got your answer. 4GB will supposedly become an issue in 2019, but supposedly eth will go POS before that. If you have no idea what that means, you could google "eth pos".
Actually, googling the words "ETH mining 4GB" does not give a decent answer, smartass.
I was just chiming into the discussion. You on the other hand seem to be trolling quite a bit, looking at your last few posts.

/s

thanks, so what other cards would be susceptible to the same fate? other radeon 2xx series? 3xx?

i guess i might as well keep it running for now, though.

Activity: 7
FEATURE REQUEST:  Please add a simple way to silence the alarm on Ethman.   Thanks!
Jump to: