Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 937. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Sorry guys for my noob question but how to actually use it on ubuntu... How to install it?

first you need to install amdgpupro driver (16.40 or most recent 17.4.?)
go to google drive in first post, download tar.gz file (default to downloads)
drag the file to home folder, double click on it, it will ask "extract" yes to home folder (by default since archive is now in home folder)

in terminal:
export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

then right click on Claymore's folder in home directory and from the pull down menu choose "Open in terminal"
then use command strings from ethermine.org and add whatever you want from the OP's first post in this thread
just make sure that command is formatted properly (./whatever)
use -mode 1 just for ethereum
use -etha 2 for amdgpu pro drivers
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello guys, I have a question. While I am successful mining ETH, I am totally unable to dual mine . Probably is something very stupid I am missing in the options settings, but I am receiving constantly an error from the DCR or LBC pool:

“DCR: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...”

I am introducing as options settings like these:

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth.coinmine.pl:4000 -ewal myuser.myworker -epsw mypass -esm 2 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr-us.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal myuser.myworker -dpsw mypass -allpools 1

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal MYWALLET -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr-us.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal myuser.myworker -dpsw mypass -mode 0 -dcoin dcr -allpools 1

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal MYWALLET -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal myuser.myworker -dpsw fulgor -mode 0 -dcoin lbc -allpools 1

Even using the examples on Claymore's first post with his own wallets I still get those errors

Do you see something wrong that may explain it? Maybe something related to my router or internet provider? :-(

I have the same issue as the above post. I'm fine with mining ETH on DwarfPool but I can't get dual mining with DCR. Always get the exact same issue as described above.
I'm running 9.1 miner on Windows 10 Pro
I have firewall exceptions for the miner and exceptions for folder in Defender.
Are there any prerequisites for DCR mining?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoobski
Activity: 37
I have 5x rx480's and cant seem to get past 27ish on 4 of them and one is locked at 24. The 4 that are at 27 have 2175  memory clock w/ core clock at 1100 and the 5 is 1100/1750 ... so the question is- how can I modify them? Every time i try they revert back and dont want to budge.

Could you please explain step by step what you are doing so we can try to spot the error...

Solo mining ethereum using claymores v9.0 with: a b250f strix mobo and 1200w psu, 4gb RAM, 5 rx480's (I have 6 but apparently b250 chipset dosent allow 6 even though there are 6 pcie slots). In MSI, GPU's 0 through 3 are all synchronized at 1100 core/2176 memory and any I time I try to change theses values, even with small increments the GPU's stop and I have to restart PC. Same thing goes for GPU4 except, GPU4 is clocked at 1266/1750, any modifications results in the same thing and I have to restart only to come back to their reverted values. When I first had 2 GPU's I could get 29/30 no problem while over clocking in MSI but now GPU's 0-3 are stuck at 27ish and GPU 4 at 22-24ish mhz. My config is as follows:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal
-epsw x -r 34

The restart timer is just an arbitrary value I play around with. In BIOS all I changed was PCIEXx16_2 configuration from auto to x2 (before this only 3 GPUS would catch in device manager), System agent configuration to Above 4D Decoding [Enabled] and changing the primary Display to CPU graphics. I have the 17.4.2 drivers installed for AMD and the latest/most up to date BIOS.

Well. According to your post your have enough knowledge and experience to figure it out yourself Smiley
In my opinion you are trying to achieve 2 contradictory parameters - stability and overclocking.
Finding the balance between these 2 is through experiments, like you are doing.

I were you I would revert everything to stock figures. Find the most stable config. Overclock step by step to find a culprit.
I would use 16.11.5 driver - more people using it, it has less issues.
Use DDU and reinstall.
Is your swap file >16GB?

I may seem knowledgeable but it is deceiving- I am a noob :]. For instance, swap file, is what exactly? If you are referring to virtual memory i set it to the recommended 16gb as per claymores advice. I also tried the recommended claymore driver with no improvements but I will try with the one that you recommended. And as a last resort yes I was thinking of reverting everything back to scratch, but only as a last resorts as it does take time since it looks like I have to restart at every increment of change. I will try DDU as well and get back to you, thanks for the reply!
Activity: 595
Merit: 251
Sorry guys for my noob question but how to actually use it on ubuntu... How to install it?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I have 5x rx480's and cant seem to get past 27ish on 4 of them and one is locked at 24. The 4 that are at 27 have 2175  memory clock w/ core clock at 1100 and the 5 is 1100/1750 ... so the question is- how can I modify them? Every time i try they revert back and dont want to budge.

Could you please explain step by step what you are doing so we can try to spot the error...

Solo mining ethereum using claymores v9.0 with: a b250f strix mobo and 1200w psu, 4gb RAM, 5 rx480's (I have 6 but apparently b250 chipset dosent allow 6 even though there are 6 pcie slots). In MSI, GPU's 0 through 3 are all synchronized at 1100 core/2176 memory and any I time I try to change theses values, even with small increments the GPU's stop and I have to restart PC. Same thing goes for GPU4 except, GPU4 is clocked at 1266/1750, any modifications results in the same thing and I have to restart only to come back to their reverted values. When I first had 2 GPU's I could get 29/30 no problem while over clocking in MSI but now GPU's 0-3 are stuck at 27ish and GPU 4 at 22-24ish mhz. My config is as follows:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal
-epsw x -r 34

The restart timer is just an arbitrary value I play around with. In BIOS all I changed was PCIEXx16_2 configuration from auto to x2 (before this only 3 GPUS would catch in device manager), System agent configuration to Above 4D Decoding [Enabled] and changing the primary Display to CPU graphics. I have the 17.4.2 drivers installed for AMD and the latest/most up to date BIOS.

Well. According to your post your have enough knowledge and experience to figure it out yourself Smiley
In my opinion you are trying to achieve 2 contradictory parameters - stability and overclocking.
Finding the balance between these 2 is through experiments, like you are doing.

I were you I would revert everything to stock figures. Find the most stable config. Overclock step by step to find a culprit.
I would use 16.11.5 driver - more people using it, it has less issues.
Use DDU and reinstall.
Is your swap file >16GB?
Activity: 464
Merit: 252
I have the same issue as Coyn on 2x RX480, since upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1: Siacoin mining speed doubles, but Ethereum mining speed is very unstable and often drops. The cards do not appear to be throttling, temperatur is normal and there is sufficient power.

Adjusting dcri does not help, even with low numbers Ethereum mining speed is unstable. Currently I use -asm 0 to fix it, but of course that causes much lower Siacoin mining speed.

I also use -asm 0 but got the dcr mining back up past 5500mhs by increasing -dcri to 65. Is that dangerous guys? Seems to be running stable tho...
Activity: 487
bou !
I have tested version 9.1

At home I have 2 rig

1 rig 6x rx480 reference and another rig 6x rx480 nitro + oc

On my reference rig (21260-00-20G) I have a hashrate loss of + 10mh approximately

With version 9.0 I have 184 mh but with version 9.1 I have that 175mh.

I try several dcri but i can not get to have at least 180.

But on my rig of nitro (11260-01-20g), I lose 1.5 mh about.

@claymore: did you have an explanation?

But super works! The best of the minor!

Long life a claymore. Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Im the very decease you pretend to be
Recent Help buy rx 470 8gb sapphire nitro on amazon and to my surprise it does not arrive bios dual button is in another place or simply does not have dual bios

this is one of the the differences between Nitro and Nitro+
Activity: 441
Recent Help buy rx 470 8gb sapphire nitro on amazon and to my surprise it does not arrive bios dual button is in another place or simply does not have dual bios

Nitro doesn't have dual bios switch.
Nitro+ does

Sounds like you bought a Nitro not Nitro+  (I bought 4 of the Nitros myself so it's how I know Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Sorry guys may be i am crazy but WHERE can i download this miner ?

On this type of thread always go to the first post on page 1 for download links.

Would you be so kind to link it... Have spent half of hour and couldnt find it

To go to the first page of the thread you click on the 1 where all the numbers are. The you go to the OP (Original Post) and the links will be there. Every thread of this kind operates in this manner. Updates are always changed in the OP. It is actually very simple to find them but here is everything below.   Shocked

OP: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B69wv2iqszefdFZUV2toUG5HdlU
Mega: https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w
Activity: 2

On this type of thread always go to the first post on page 1 for download links.

Would you be so kind to link it... Have spent half of hour and couldnt find it
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

Activity: 2
Activity: 3
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Finally I got a good progress about the issue with floating speed, I was able to stabilize it, not 100% but close. I will release new version within 2-3 days.

Thanks, looking forward to test new release.

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Hi guys....

I have (had Sad ) 42 MSI rx 470
12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470
12 Sapphire reference 470 cards.

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

Anyone else have that many breakdowns lately?

Or maybe someone else has unusual high rate of failing cards recently?

i recently had a msi gaming x 470 die dual mining a couple weeks ago.. system would not power up with the peg connected. no smoke, just the psu would not power up. no visible damage to the card that i could see. running cdm 9.1 dual mining eth/dcr.

my sapphire nitro 390, powercolor red devil 470 and visiontek 460 are all fine on the same rig. psu is an evga g2 850 so i doubt its psu related.

may be 9.1 just works em harder. mayhaps its time to retune the cards for power/voltage/clocks
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Finally I got a good progress about the issue with floating speed, I was able to stabilize it, not 100% but close. I will release new version within 2-3 days.

Do you mean by this the issue that say we see 24 MH/s normal, and it drops to 18 or something, then spikes back up?

Exactly.

Great, thank you. Is this in the assembler kernal mode, or with -asm 0 defined?

If you use "-asm 0" you won't see problems with floating speed.

@Claymore
 Can you add to your miner releases recommended drivers for rx 4xx cards?

17.2.1 is good for me. Actually, for ASM mode you can use any drivers that support your GPUs and they must show same (or almost same) speed because OpenCL compiler is not used. The only difference is overall stability, especially for multi-GPU systems. I use 17.2.1 in my tests, but may be there is some better version.
For general usage, I don't know any really good drivers for Polaris. I did not check latest versions, but OpenCL compiler in 17.2.1 has a lot of bugs.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
@Claymore
 Can you add to your miner releases recommended drivers for rx 4xx cards?
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Im the very decease you pretend to be

Why confuse people?
1. lets presume that we always mine coins with very shirt block time and than maybe it's sort of true
2. Bandwidth needed for a single miner is in low kilobits.  "10Mbs>x - can loose a lot" - total crap
3. Lets say your miner boots and starts mining in 2 minutes (normally should be faster than that) so 3 restarts a day will waste 0.16%

You still have to transmit your work. If you have 300 ms ping times then you are definitely going to have more rejected shares than someone on 60 ms ping times.

sure you do. delay in submitting your solutions/getting new job could be a factor if the block creation time is short.
In this case you will have a short window to submit your solutions before the new block starts.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Do you mean by this the issue that say we see 24 MH/s normal, and it drops to 18 or something, then spikes back up?

Exactly.

Great, thank you. Is this in the assembler kernal mode, or with -asm 0 defined?
Jump to: