Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 936. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
For the people talking about burning up equipment...

One easy way to check is check the heat temperatures of the cables running to your riser, especially the Molex.  Are they hot to the touch?

Heck, I also run extra power from one room to another via extension cord. Do you have a 16 gauge or 12 gauge contractor grade extension cord?  The 12 gauge contractor cord is rated for 1600 watts. The 16 gauge which looks similar is thinner and only rated for 1250 and if I got it close to 1250 I noticed the whole extension cord was getting warm.

They make tools to check temperatures. You can get really basic ones for only $20.  Look up "infrared thermometer" on Amazon.  You point it at a part of your equipment and it will show you the temperature.  They also sell high-end ones that show you visually heat so you can run it over all your equipment and easily "see" hot spots.

If you can find a problem this way you can fix it before things go bad.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I am running 144 sapphire rx 470 8g and rx 480 8g cards and have been since Christmas.  I have lost 5 cards in that time mostly due to running them too hard.  I have backed down on my DCR production to reduce total amp load on the cards and have not lost any in the past month.  If you have a rash of failures it is most likely due to a power spike or a variable power feeding your system and not a single power supply or set of risers, although cheap risers can fail at an alarming rate.  The nice thing is that even though my cards run a mod'd bios the manufacture has replaced every one without question, so I continue to stick with Sapphire and I am expecting my first batch of rx 570 8g cards tomorrow to see how they perform.  Has anyone had any experience with the new cards that they can share in regards to performance differences and set up changes from the rx 470 8g cards they have?

Hi people, first sorry for my bad english, my problem is that i buy 4 saphire nitro (no plus) RX480 8GB, and i think i did a very bad buy becouse this model https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VSWDK2H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  it has only 1750 mhz of memory clock and i think that it dosent have doble bios option. I buyed becouse i did not know that there where 3 diferents models of nitros... my question is, how much less hashrate will i have with claymores miner? and does standart bios mod for nitro+ work in this version or do i need a different one?

PD: I read that peoples gpus are dying for using dual miner ether/+ and for mod the bios, i do not want to happen to me, does it really damaged your card to mod the bios and do dual coin mine?

- Its not a BAD card. Its is a cheap card. This is why you chose it in the first place. So you already saved some money. Why regret now?
- You still can mod Bios. But modify it yourself rather than use someonelse's. Follow step by step instructions bit by bit (can be easily found via google).
- You should ask questions on the forums where you read "that peoples gpus are dying for using dual miner". I did not see anything like that in this thread.

I bought 6 of these cards because I did not notice they were not Nitro+ cards, and I could not return them once I got them, so I run them at 24 MH/s on ETH and 1000 MH/s on DCR.  Have you found a good way to mod them to get more, because everything I tried just made these pieces of crap trip out?  So I use Claymore's program to adjust the voltage and clocks down and get what I can until the cards die.  I would love to find a set up that is stable and delivers better performance.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Claymore,

Your miner does not work for me on new RX 580, just crashes on launch. Here's log:

21:43:33:206   2a18   args: -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -epsw x -ethi 1 -mode 1 -asm 0
21:43:33:206   2a18   
21:43:33:206   2a18   ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
21:43:33:222   2a18   º      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.1      º
21:43:33:222   2a18   ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
21:43:33:222   2a18   
21:43:33:425   2a18   ETH: 1 pool is specified
21:43:33:425   2a18   Main Ethereum pool is us1.ethermine.org:4444
21:43:33:925   2a18   OpenCL platform: Intel(R) OpenCL
21:43:33:925   2a18   OpenCL platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
21:43:33:941   2a18   OpenCL initializing...

21:43:33:941   2a18   AMD Cards available: 1
21:43:33:941   2a18   GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
21:43:33:941   2a18   GPU #0 recognized as Radeon RX 480
21:43:33:941   2a18   POOL/SOLO version
21:43:33:941   2a18   b327
21:43:33:941   2a18   Platform: Windows

Tried asm 0 and 1, tried ethi 1 and 10. Using new drivers required for RX 580.

I tried reinstalling the RX 480 and same issue now. Only difference is updating to newest drivers required for the RX580.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Hi guys....

I have (had Sad ) 42 MSI rx 470
12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470
12 Sapphire reference 470 cards.

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

Anyone else have that many breakdowns lately?

I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9

Sapphire reference cards all worked for 5 months with only 2 of them die before this nightmare....
Sapphire Nitro+ never broke for 5 months before this....
I recently purchased 30 MSI cards and 6 already dead in like 3 weeks.... they tend to bring out smoke while sapphire cards just die.

My rigs are 6xGPU all (used to be.... LOL) motherboards are BTC PRO and Z97 fatality.
PSU are Be quiet pro 2x 1200 and and Platimaxe's 1600.

I used to use -96 core woltage in afterburner.

I started thinking that might be the reason. But i changed it to 0 and 2 more cards died. SO im pretty much lost.

Any ideas are welcome.

Or maybe someone else has unusual high rate of failing cards recently?

thats is creepy... can someone confirm these die rates? maybe you have a bad setup of power distribution or yours psu are failing

i had one of my msi rx480 sparkle and burn in front of me when booting up my system after a power outage.
realized the pcie riser had some burn on it, it was a version 003. when running hwmonitor the voltage were spiking to like 500000 ! at first though it was a glitch but then i thrwe them all away and got new risers, v007 this time and hwmonitor reports normal voltage value, no more spiking to 500000+ .

So i would suggest double checking your pcie risers, they may be the faulty part causing that problem

Not the GPUs fault if there was a power outage. During a power outage the voltage might sag and run at 80Volts instead of 120Volts and causes all electrical components to fail because they pull more current to make up the difference, this in turn causes parts to explode.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hi guys....

12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9

Sapphire reference cards all worked for 5 months with only 2 of them die before this nightmare....
I recently purchased 30 MSI cards and 6 already dead in like 3 weeks.... they tend to bring out smoke while sapphire cards just die.

My rigs are 6xGPU all (used to be.... LOL) motherboards are BTC PRO and Z97 fatality.

I started thinking that might be the reason. But i changed it to 0 and 2 more cards died. SO im pretty much lost.

Any ideas are welcome.

thats is creepy... can someone confirm these die rates? maybe you have a bad setup of power distribution or yours psu are failing

i had one of my msi rx480 sparkle and burn in front of me when booting up my system after a power outage.
realized the pcie riser had some burn on it, it was a version 003. when running hwmonitor the voltage were spiking to like 500000 ! at first though it was a glitch but then i thrwe them all away and got new risers, v007 this time and hwmonitor reports normal voltage value, no more spiking to 500000+ .

So i would suggest double checking your pcie risers, they may be the faulty part causing that problem
Activity: 51
Hi guys....

12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470

Any ideas are welcome.

Activity: 211
Merit: 101
is this to much incorect shares for ether?  rig is stable as rock for almost a week
speed fluctates too much for my taste, but that is "normal" on rx400 series, on pool average hashrate is 6-7 mhs lower than reported, i think it's ok

Activity: 23
Hi people, first sorry for my bad english, my problem is that i buy 4 saphire nitro (no plus) RX480 8GB, and i think i did a very bad buy becouse this model https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VSWDK2H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  it has only 1750 mhz of memory clock and i think that it dosent have doble bios option. I buyed becouse i did not know that there where 3 diferents models of nitros... my question is, how much less hashrate will i have with claymores miner? and does standart bios mod for nitro+ work in this version or do i need a different one?

PD: I read that peoples gpus are dying for using dual miner ether/+ and for mod the bios, i do not want to happen to me, does it really damaged your card to mod the bios and do dual coin mine?

- Its not a BAD card. Its is a cheap card. This is why you chose it in the first place. So you already saved some money. Why regret now?
- You still can mod Bios. But modify it yourself rather than use someonelse's. Follow step by step instructions bit by bit (can be easily found via google).
- You should ask questions on the forums where you read "that peoples gpus are dying for using dual miner". I did not see anything like that in this thread.

Thanks dude, well actually y buyed not only becouse it was cheap but becouse i saw in the forums that its the most used card for mining, but i didnt know that this particulary version it dosent have dual bios and the memory its lower, im asking if they will reach 30/31 mhz has the other models or if it is better to sell them and buy another one before i open the box.

And yes for example in pag "479" someone said "6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks.... I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9"

legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
This is a pretty good run for me.

a lot of incorrect shares though. :/ Undecided

Mines are at 107:05 now Wink
Pretty sure I got some sick number few days ago, but power shortage resetted the counter.
Activity: 216
Merit: 101
can  you share your  batfile
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Dcr will have an unusually high number of rejected shares, dont fret. What DCR settings are you at? This looks like 40+.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
How much mghs I can get on R9 280x?

14 or 15? You're better off mining Expanse or Zcash or something else than Ethereum.  Expanse is more profitable because you can mine it so much faster that even though it isn't as valuable as Ethereum you can mine more of it.  You can even dual mine with Expanse and DCR or PASC or whatever.  Expanse simply replaces Ethereum.
Activity: 536
Merit: 250
How much mghs I can get on R9 280x?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
claymore ethereum v.8 and v.9 for some of my cards shows fan 0% or -1%. what is the problem. i uninstall MSI AB and the problem is the same.

i have a visiontek 460 that shows 0% fan in cdm. different drivers, several versions of cdm. all read 0% for the 460. my others cards, 390s and 470s read correct.

msi ab shows correct speed and i let the cards manage their fans so i just ignore it. runs fine otherwise.
Activity: 17
claymore ethereum v.8 and v.9 for some of my cards shows fan 0% or -1%. what is the problem. i uninstall MSI AB and the problem is the same.
Activity: 238
Hi people, first sorry for my bad english, my problem is that i buy 4 saphire nitro (no plus) RX480 8GB, and i think i did a very bad buy becouse this model https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VSWDK2H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  it has only 1750 mhz of memory clock and i think that it dosent have doble bios option. I buyed becouse i did not know that there where 3 diferents models of nitros... my question is, how much less hashrate will i have with claymores miner? and does standart bios mod for nitro+ work in this version or do i need a different one?

Activity: 238
Hello guys, I have a question. While I am successful mining ETH, I am totally unable to dual mine . Probably is something very stupid I am missing in the options settings, but I am receiving constantly an error from the DCR or LBC pool:

“DCR: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...”

I am introducing as options settings like these:

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth.coinmine.pl:4000 -ewal myuser.myworker -epsw mypass -esm 2 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr-us.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal myuser.myworker -dpsw mypass -allpools 1

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal MYWALLET -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr-us.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal myuser.myworker -dpsw mypass -mode 0 -dcoin dcr -allpools 1

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal MYWALLET -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal myuser.myworker -dpsw fulgor -mode 0 -dcoin lbc -allpools 1

Even using the examples on Claymore's first post with his own wallets I still get those errors

Do you see something wrong that may explain it? Maybe something related to my router or internet provider? :-(

I have the same issue as the above post. I'm fine with mining ETH on DwarfPool but I can't get dual mining with DCR. Always get the exact same issue as described above.
I'm running 9.1 miner on Windows 10 Pro
I have firewall exceptions for the miner and exceptions for folder in Defender.
Are there any prerequisites for DCR mining?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoobski

You have to create an account on Coinmine, log in and create worker and worker's password so it matches with your miner's bat/config file
Activity: 23

Activity: 53
Is there a nvidia start thread ? i dont know whats missing or its just the driver but i cant start the claymore miner just dies right a way, we still need the cuda 8 and visual studio right sorry been some time since i was mining
i have 2x970 that need work Cheesy
Jump to: