Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 94. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

Regadless of the RAM 4 or 8 GB the strap doesn't matter, its about the memory type not the size of the memory.

It's not good, cause hynix 4Gb is AJR memory, but 8Gb - MJR memory. Both types needs it's own straps.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
For RX570's with Hynix in Windows environment - i suggest running this

-eres 1 -mode 2 -asm 2 -rxboost 21 -POL8H1@2200 -mvddc 875 -cclock 1200 -mvddc 880 -lidag 2
what?

-eres 1 -mode 2 -asm 2 -rxboost 21 -POL8H1@2200 -mvddc 875 -cclock 1200 -cvddc 880 -lidag 2

second one should be a cvddc sorry typo

And what about the Micron? Also is this for the 4gb or 8gb?

I've been doing this for my 8gb Micron and get ~27.5 @ 88w:
Core 1000
Memory 2000
mvddc 900
cvddc 900

My Hynix gets ~27.4 @ 84w

If I'm not mistaken...
Micron you set to strap 3
Hynix you set to strap 1
... for an extra ~5% more.

The user was asking about Hynix.
This is the chart for how the strap work with each memory

Strap 1 - hynix
Strap 2 - Samsung
Strap 3 - Micron / Elpida

Depending on lottery
Strap 4 - Hynix
Strap 5 - Samsung / Micron / Elpida
Strap 6 - * in 14.6 worked with micron and elpida but starting in 14.7 this errors.

Regadless of the RAM 4 or 8 GB the strap doesn't matter, its about the memory type not the size of the memory.

At core 1000 and memory 2000 you are WAY over voltaging your cards at 900 you can push that all the way down to 835 if not even  825 and sae yourself about 6 to 8 watts.

Thanks for the tip!

I had tried 850 and it would run for about an hour and then crash. Not sure what's going on. Is that for the memory, core or both?
But I have four of each card (Hynix and Micron) so perhaps I can try strap 4 and 5 instead of 1 and 3 with 850 again.

EDIT:
You know what... I bet that it's because I have my powerlimit at -20%. I'll try removing that and set my voltage to 825 and see if that makes much difference.
Activity: 36
Merit: 7

-eres 1 -mode 2 -asm 2 -rxboost 21 -POL8H1@2200 -mvddc 875 -cclock 1200 -mvddc 880 -lidag 2
what?

-eres 1 -mode 2 -asm 2 -rxboost 21 -POL8H1@2200 -mvddc 875 -cclock 1200 -cvddc 880 -lidag 2

Core 1000
Memory 2000
mvddc 900
cvddc 900

If I'm not mistaken...
Hynix you set to strap 1

The user was asking about Hynix.
This is the chart for how the strap work with each memory

Strap 1 - hynix
Strap 2 - Samsung
Strap 3 - Micron / Elpida

Depending on lottery
Strap 4 - Hynix
Strap 5 - Samsung / Micron / Elpida
Strap 6 - * in 14.6 worked with micron and elpida but starting in 14.7 this errors.

At core 1000 and memory 2000 you are WAY over voltaging your cards at 900 you can push that all the way down to 835 if not even  825 and sae yourself about 6 to 8 watts.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
@claymore
Man i can't wait for you to update something on the XT.
On the edge of our seats man!

New version with Navi cards support is ready, I will release it when AMD releases DAG-fix drivers, it will be soon.
Wonder when soon is soon. If it's SQRL-style SoonTM we're gonna have to be patient... Veeeeery patient! Grin
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hello people! Thank everyone for sharing thoughts and info. I think its more like the real power consumption is at 550W like Ursul0 said. Lowered to 850 mV 1100/2000 clocks eats 110 around each card. Plus 60-70 W the rest of rig. So, 110*4+70= 510. Correct it with 80 bronze PSU and vuala, its 560Watt. F.k , i dreamed to tune money saving rig Smiley.
For decide isnt wattmeter not lieing me,i ve measured the current on power cable and saw 2.47 A , well, 2.47*230= 568 Watt.
Thats it.
Again , thanks a lot.

P.S. maybe it make sense to look at 1066 ? I meen to save money on power cost ?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Hi community!

Please help me yo understand what am i doing wrong.

I decided to lower powereat of my rig. Before everything CM 14.7 shows something like 90W GPU power consumption. Totoal about 360 on 4 GPUs rig. Okey. Wattmeter show 620 Watt at the wall. 1st WTF.
After a lot of work and experiments i managed to lower core and memory waltages to about 850 , lowered mem clock and etc. Now CM shows 55-57 watt per GPU , it suits info that shows HWinfo about GPU chip power ( so lets say in miner should be "GPU chip power consumption"). BUT...... WTF at the wattmerer i see almost the same 600 Watt , in miner i see "Total GPUs power consumption: 225 Watts"

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

you should not expect to see proper power consumption numbers from software especially on AMD.

sorry, didin said cards type - rx 470 4g.  Isnt it a little to big power  consumption for only 4 cards and other suff ? i suppose 4*90=360+60 the rest+*1.1 PSU not efficiensy = 430 Watt.
It seems something wrong going on Smiley

running at around 850mv and producing 28-30MH (1090-1160MHz core and around 2000 mem) it should be consuming 120-125W per GPU. Also the system should bot be above 60W and could be as low as 20-30W if its 14nm, so your total should be about 540-550W. Use HWinfo to see what are the actual voltages and clocks applied
EDIT: 30W for the system if it's 14nm celeron
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Hi community!

I decided to lower powereat of my rig. Before everything CM 14.7 shows something like 90W GPU power consumption. Totoal about 360 on 4 GPUs rig. Okey. Wattmeter show 620 Watt at the wall. 1st WTF.
After a lot of work and experiments i managed to lower core and memory waltages to about 850 , lowered mem clock and etc. Now CM shows 55-57 watt per GPU , it suits info that shows HWinfo about GPU chip power ( so lets say in miner should be "GPU chip power consumption"). BUT...... WTF at the wattmerer i see almost the same 600 Watt , in miner i see "Total GPUs power consumption: 225 Watts"

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

you should not expect to see proper power consumption numbers from software especially on AMD.

sorry, didin said cards type - rx 470 4g.  Isnt it a little to big power  consumption for only 4 cards and other suff ? i suppose 4*90=360+60 the rest+*1.1 PSU not efficiensy = 430 Watt.

You forgot to add the fan's of the video cards. In every software they are showing you the GPU consumption, but you have to add 30-50 W for the fans / each GPU. Now if you do the math again, it's there ~ 600W. A good kill-a-watt is never wrong Wink

Well, your calcs is a little wrong. As written on each fan it consumes 12DC 0.5 A , so its 6 W each fan *3 fans = 18 Watt , on 4 GPUs rig it'll be about 80watt more to whole power eating. So its not 600 Watt overall.  There is something i miss.

Ok, 80+360 = 440 then you have CPU, then you have fan of the CPU, then you have RAM, MB and so on.... all these things burn around 80 W, more or less depending the settings, temperature, etc... and now comes the naysayers telling me it's not 80W.
I agree, you can fine tune it and maybe squeeze 50W or so but you will see it's not stable.
Hi community!

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

sorry, didin said cards type - rx 470 4g.  Isnt it a little to big power  consumption for only 4 cards and other suff ? i suppose 4*90=360+60 the rest+*1.1 PSU not efficiensy = 430 Watt.

You forgot to add the fan's of the video cards. In every software they are showing you the GPU consumption, but you have to add 30-50 W for the fans / each GPU. Now if you do the math again, it's there ~ 600W. A good kill-a-watt is never wrong Wink

Well, your calcs is a little wrong. As written on each fan it consumes 12DC 0.5 A , so its 6 W each fan *3 fans = 18 Watt , on 4 GPUs rig it'll be about 80watt more to whole power eating. So its not 600 Watt overall.  There is something i miss.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

I am experiencing an issue.

I made a new rig with 6 Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX570 8G OC, the memory installed on the cards is Hynix.
They are not bios mod since I wanted to use -strap command directly in Claymore's miner.
I am using Claymore v14.7 miner, with driver 19.4.3 since it is with this driver that Claymore has most tests been performed.

Compute mode ON, with overclocking, I uninstalled and installed the driver in claymore to be able to use -strap command.
And I am mining at 22.5 MHs no matter what -strap I am using.
The strap is applied successfuly : "strap "POL8H1" is applied successfully" on each card.

but the hashrate just refuses to change ! (-rxboost does actually work and allow me to reach 24MHs)

Anyone can help me to get -strap working on my rig and to reach 30+ Mhs per card, maybe by also changing the OC settings?

I will give to the one who provides me with a solution 100$ worth of Ethereum Classic.

Just follow Cryptobadger's guide, you should get there, or close, especially if you want it stable.
http://www.cryptobadger.com/2017/04/build-ethereum-mining-rig-optimization/
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Hi community!

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

Didn't listen him. He think that fans can consume 30-50W. F.e. RX 460 card has 1 fan and consumes about 75Wt. If he right half of it - fan )))
1 Fan consumes about 3-7Wt of power. Even 3 fans max power will be not more than 20W.
Already seen you wrote that, please stop with your 30-50w for fans ...
1 fan may use 0.5A, so it's 6w when it's running at 100% ...

And you have 1 fan / GPU? Smiley)
Another thing, how much a 4 card Rx470 rig should burn? If you say 600W is much...
Activity: 73
Merit: 3

I'd suggest running @eliovp's AMDMemTweak tool to see if the strap settings are getting the modifications.  Run it without -strap first and note some of the values (tCL, etc) and then run it with -strap to see if indeed they are being applied.  There a thread in Mining (Altcoins) just for this program and the executable is up on GitHub.

I did it and with -strap 1 I am getting only 20.2MHs per card..

here is the screenshot without applying any -strap :
https://www.noelshack.com/2019-33-5-1565953173-captureamdmemorytweak.png

here is the screenshot after applying -strap 1 :
https://www.noelshack.com/2019-33-5-1565953247-captureavecstrap1.png

What's wrong ??

It looks like the -strap command in Claymore is not being applied since both of the views in the AMDMemTweak tool seem to show the same data.  So even though he's reporting that the strap was successful, the AMDMemTweak tool seems to show that it was not.  Which is why you're not getting a reasonable hash rate ... you're getting the same for both no -strap and -strap 1.

What version of Windows are you on?  I've had trouble with Win10 release 1903 similar to this.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10

what?

Core 1000
Memory 2000
mvddc 900
cvddc 900

If I'm not mistaken...
Hynix you set to strap 1
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Already seen you wrote that, please stop with your 30-50w for fans ...
1 fan may use 0.5A, so it's 6w when it's running at 100% ...
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Hi community!

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

NEVER take software voltage value on RX. The only true value is at wall.
600W for 4 cards, it's a little high.
Your estimated 90w is wrong, 110-120w is more "acceptable" on ETH.
So 120*4+60 *1.1 give 594w ...
Check if your voltage is correctly applied.
Hi community!

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

Hello guys,

I made a new rig with 6 Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX570 8G OC, the memory installed on the cards is Hynix.
They are not bios mod since I wanted to use -strap command directly in Claymore's miner.
I am using Claymore v14.7 miner, with driver 19.4.3 since it is with this driver that Claymore has most tests been performed.

Compute mode ON, with overclocking, I uninstalled and installed the driver in claymore to be able to use -strap command.
The strap is applied successfuly : "strap "POL8H1" is applied successfully" on each card.

but the hashrate just refuses to change ! (-rxboost does actually work and allow me to reach 24MHs)

Anyone can help me to get -strap working on my rig and to reach 30+ Mhs per card, maybe by also changing the OC settings?

I will give to the one who provides me with a solution 100$ worth of Ethereum Classic.

I'd suggest running @eliovp's AMDMemTweak tool to see if the strap settings are getting the modifications.  Run it without -strap first and note some of the values (tCL, etc) and then run it with -strap to see if indeed they are being applied.  There a thread in Mining (Altcoins) just for this program and the executable is up on GitHub.

What's wrong ??

You're in windows correct? PLEASE refer to my post you WILL get 33 to 34 Mhs with that configuration. AMDmemTweak is a different forum, as much as i love the tool, and love that it was the tool that prompted Claymore to update, but this is a claymore forum. lets keep this to claymore.

Ensure you are in compute mode in wattman. just enabling compute in the command string does not necessarily kick the driver into compute mode. You need to go into the wattman and change it from graphic to compute.

what?

Hi community!

Where Am i wrong ?

Best Regards.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

What's wrong ??
Pages:
Jump to: