Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 98. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
If you have problems with 4GB AMD cards, make sure that you set environment variables correctly. Also try to set them system-wide (for example as described here https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/r-enterprise/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html) and reboot to apply them.
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE must be 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT must be 100
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT must be 100

check. dont work

Please extract these files to v14.7 folder: https://mega.nz/#!P8hQiI7b!n3eN4fNQbPnebBb6UBB3mJNDiLHnRZ2CUOXWUygTAW0
Then start the miner and check the log file, it must contain "b747" at the beginning (means build 747). Send me the log file (enough first 100 lines or so).
Activity: 57
Merit: 3
If you have problems with 4GB AMD cards, make sure that you set environment variables correctly. Also try to set them system-wide (for example as described here https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/r-enterprise/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html) and reboot to apply them.

check. dont work
TIMEOUT 40
@echo off
set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
@echo on

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x5B52e30Cd4a84Fb4 -eworker test -epsw x -mode 1 -r 1 -dbg -1 -mport 0 -etha 0 -retrydelay 3 -ftime 25 -strap 1 -rxboost 1

pause
Activity: 288
Merit: 1

check. dont work
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
For everyone who is having issues with the DAG during the new epoch, remove or disable one of your GPUs and see if it works then.

If it works then you most likely need more memory, either virtual or RAM.

If it still doesn't work, then its some software issue.

Hard to diagnose this issue since some people are getting it while other's are not.

tried with only 1 GPU enabled, still not working...

Lower your driver version to 19.7.1 or lower and your DAG issue will be resolved.

Thanks, but presume that refers to a windows driver...? I'm on Linux, and the driver has not updated recently...
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Activity: 8
Hi,

I notice that -li does not 'really' reduce heat and power consomption. Does anyone get a good tune to stabilize ?

it just lowers the intensity of which the algo is applied it isn't meant for cooling its meant to help with stability. remember there's 4 settings 0, 1, 2,3

Yes i have it help stability all the time. i have 580's and 570's running 34mhs due to the lidag setting. just helping the intensity a little.

Thanks for answer, but -li and -lidag commands looks different in the readme file :

-li   low intensity mode. Reduces mining intensity, useful if your cards are overheated. Note that mining speed is reduced too.
   More value means less heat and mining speed, for example, "-li 10" is less heat and mining speed than "-li 1". You can also specify values for every card, for example "-li 3,10,50".
   Default value is "0" - no low intensity mode.

-lidag   low intensity mode for DAG generation, it can help with OC or weak PSU. Supported values are 0, 1, 2, 3, more value means lower intensity. Example: "-lidag 1".
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-lidag 1,0,3". Default value is "0" (no low intensity for DAG generation).
For everyone who is having issues with the DAG during the new epoch, remove or disable one of your GPUs and see if it works then.

Hard to diagnose this issue since some people are getting it while other's are not.

Lower your driver version to 19.7.1 or lower and your DAG issue will be resolved.

same trouble with 18.6.1
Activity: 36
Merit: 7

Hi,

I notice that -li does not 'really' reduce heat and power consomption. Does anyone get a good tune to stabilize ?

it just lowers the intensity of which the algo is applied it isn't meant for cooling its meant to help with stability. remember there's 4 settings 0, 1, 2,3

Yes i have it help stability all the time. i have 580's and 570's running 34mhs due to the lidag setting. just helping the intensity a little.
Activity: 44
Hi quick question is it possible to apply -strap 1 using claymore to all my gpu's but one? If so how?

I have one p104 that crashes everytime I try using straps. The rest of my cards are 1070,1060 that are compatible with the strap.

Using claymore 14.6

Strap 0 will disable for that gpu. .

Example:
strap 1,2,3,0,5,6  here the fourth gpu (gpu3) no straps will be enabled.
Activity: 8
Hi,

Activity: 1
Hi quick question is it possible to apply -strap 1 using claymore to all my gpu's but one? If so how?

I have one p104 that crashes everytime I try using straps. The rest of my cards are 1070,1060 that are compatible with the strap.

Using claymore 14.6
Activity: 11

There was an issue with the 19.7.2 and 19.7.3 version working with 4gb cards. They work if there's an 8GB card but this is a driver related problem.

19.7.4 dropped this evening, i would say, give that a try if not roll back to 19.7.1 and your 4GB AMD cards will work fine with the Dag files.

Good luck out there!!

Don't forget your Windows based straps have a purpose...

AMD Straps
Strap 1 - Hynix / generic
Strap 4 - Hynix / generic - use lidag 1 - 3 to lower the intensity futher if needed
Strap 2 - Samsung / Micron
Strap 5 - Samsung
strap 3 - Elpida / Micron
Strap 6 - i typically get errors with this strap.

Nvidia straps
strap 1 - Hynix / Micron
strap 2 - Samsung
Strap 3 - Elpida *i've only seen one of these but they do exist

Happy Hashing!

already add 8 gb ram same trouble. test with 3 gpu
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 848
Merit: 500
All my 4gb RX's working fine with 14.7, even on 8x h110. winver 1607.
Activity: 216
Merit: 101
it looks 4GB cards are usless now?
claymore miner works just fine with my 580 4gb
Activity: 57
Activity: 238
it looks 4GB cards are usless now?
Pages:
Jump to: