Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 942. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

This is simply not true! Antivirus is a must on every device connected to the internet.

yes indeed and it will make your computer great again
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Or one good question, why you need AV on mashine what is used for mining?
Every AV can take 30-40% of your CPU so i would not have AV there.

This is simply not true! Antivirus is a must on every device connected to the internet.

most people here mine with windows 10 or linux. windows 10 (even the free version) has its own built in av and linux is not needed..

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Or one good question, why you need AV on mashine what is used for mining?
Every AV can take 30-40% of your CPU so i would not have AV there.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
now the speed of eth and reached its limit, now you need to work on stability,
and practically impossible to manually restart the miner because crashes for no reason, why some gpu reaches 0, and the watchdog detects it will not be possible to restart

That's not the miner's fault its the crappy AMD drivers with the new GPUs. With the old R9 280X, GPUs would crash every few hours and they would always restart without hanging.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
ETH+SIA seems to be the least profitable.

The best I can do is this with DCRI of 15 setting

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Miner have been running without any issue since a couple of hours ago. I still not been able to get temperature from gpu, neither miner neither gpu-z or afterburner show temperature and I can not overclock using afterburner. -cclock flag seem to not working either. I am using Crimson 15.12 and Win8.1. I reinstalled drivers several times, update .NET and Visual but nothing solve this problem. This gpu do not have attached any monitor or usb display emulator, its not the primary video card. Could the drivers be the problem? GPU temp is 62C measure with laser temp probe. I heard how the fan reduce speed and then increase speed so the miner is doing its job I think. Tomorrow I will attach a monitor to check if it solve the problem, from the log file the only error I noticed is: Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0. This gpu was on another gamer pc with latest amd drivers and Win10 and MSI Afterburner work normal, show temperature and allow me to overclock. I didnt mining on Win10. I have no clue beside test attaching a monitor as recommend me here early today.

Thanks
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
now the speed of eth and reached its limit, now you need to work on stability,
and practically impossible to manually restart the miner because crashes for no reason, why some gpu reaches 0, and the watchdog detects it will not be possible to restart
Activity: 64
Yes thank you it helped but my question was not exacly related to this.

I understand that you can use something like define WORKER = WORKER1
Thats if you change servers and thinks in your bat script you do not need to think about worker.
It will every time have same worker name.
Sorry, you' right. In the pool file I edited it seems the Worker: is empty and all is in the Wallet: etheraddress/workername/mailforalerts.
MAybe I shoul have put
Code:
POOL: eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: %WALLETADDRESS%, PSW: x, WORKER: %MINERNODE%/%MAIL%, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1
or even (it seems mail is treated as password by nanopool, beside being the "dead worker" alert address)
Code:
POOL: eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: %WALLETADDRESS%, PSW: %MAIL%, WORKER: %MINERNODE%, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1

I hope @Claymore will answer to us Wink
I started to test stability in mining to have every card having 29hash and DCR or PASC to be stable too...to not mix sometime 29 sometime 25 27... -dcri helps a lot!
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
How do I specify a difficulty using Nicehash?

"-p diff_16384"

If I want a difficulty of 1.0 would it be

"-p diff_0.03125"  ??

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
More fun , gpu0=7970 from 2014 2012 not even close to be optimized:

Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
v 9.1 is quite unstable (at least for me) so i returned to 9.0.
Someone could help me with this problem, I just started testing a R9 390 on my gamer pc but I have not been able to see the temperature of gpu. The miner is mining with no issues but I can not see the temperature of the gpu, claymore miner didnt show it. I am using Crisom 15.12 and Win8.1. From the log I only saw this error reported every few minutes:

13:41:54:290   1760   Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0
13:41:57:326   1760   Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0
13:42:00:368   1760   Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0

Any advice ? If you need more info please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Do you have a monitor or dummy plug connected to that particular GPU? That may be worth trying if you don't have one already connected.

No I havent. Let me find the conector to plug my monitor.
legendary
Which drivers are you using for r9 390? I am using Crimson 15.12 Win8.1 but miner dont show me temp, however is mining just fine.

16.11.5 & W10
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Someone could help me with this problem, I just started testing a R9 390 on my gamer pc but I have not been able to see the temperature of gpu. The miner is mining with no issues but I can not see the temperature of the gpu, claymore miner didnt show it. I am using Crisom 15.12 and Win8.1. From the log I only saw this error reported every few minutes:

13:41:54:290   1760   Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0
13:41:57:326   1760   Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0
13:42:00:368   1760   Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 0

Any advice ? If you need more info please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Do you have a monitor or dummy plug connected to that particular GPU? That may be worth trying if you don't have one already connected.
Undervolted & overclocked 390 again power limited:

http://i63.tinypic.com/119azx5.png

Which drivers are you using for r9 390? I am using Crimson 15.12 Win8.1 but miner dont show me temp, however is mining just fine.
legendary
Undervolted & overclocked 390 again power limited:

Activity: 12
After restarting, the miner hangs, this problem is only for 9 versions. We have to use r-1 how to fix this problem?
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Claymore,

Will you be getting your hands on the RX Vega once released? Will you optimize the miner for the card?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Yes thank you it helped but my question was not exacly related to this.

I understand that you can use something like define WORKER = WORKER1
Thats if you change servers and thinks in your bat script you do not need to think about worker.
It will every time have same worker name.
Sorry, you' right. In the pool file I edited it seems the Worker: is empty and all is in the Wallet: etheraddress/workername/mailforalerts.
MAybe I shoul have put
Code:
POOL: eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: %WALLETADDRESS%, PSW: x, WORKER: %MINERNODE%/%MAIL%, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1
or even (it seems mail is treated as password by nanopool, beside being the "dead worker" alert address)
Code:
POOL: eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: %WALLETADDRESS%, PSW: %MAIL%, WORKER: %MINERNODE%, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1
Jump to: