Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 267. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

2. what is "the 6 card mod"?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228

Read latest posts.
Always take a reg backup, force if needed.
You can either create modded registry and double-click on it to inject or just tick modify-registry.
Works for me with 16.10.3 drivers
does not help me - system needs driver for OpenGL 2.0....
probably I need to move to win10
win10 - miner works (all 6 cards)
but speed 710, before I had 770 on one card (xmr)

zec - 235, before it was 245

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228

Read latest posts.
You can either create modded registry and double-click on it to inject or just tick modify-registry.
win10 - miner works (all 6 cards)
but speed 710, before I had 770 on one card (xmr)
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
So i am having somewhat strange problem, after a while H/s drops from ~140 to ~60 (using R9 270x 2GB on Win10). Tried another miner and it got me expected, for that miner, ~130H/s

I am sure after i restart my pc it would go back to ~140, but thats of no use if later it again will drop.

Read latest posts.

Read latest posts.
thanks, bro
just google it s a patch for allowing 6 gpu under win7
I've googled it.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Read latest posts.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
just google it s a patch for allowing 6 gpu under win7
after reinstalling OS win7 my miner sees only 4 of 6 gpus.
Why?
Can anybody help me?

Did you use the 6 gpu mod?
try win10
I had win10 before - hangs
now i'd like to use win 7_64 - problems - only 4 cards (i have 6). After updating drivers - no cards.
miner does not start at all:
There is no openGL...

You should change your risers first of all. I had bad luck with shitty risers months ago. Sometimes the card appear sometimes not. I thought the problems were elsewere but after changing two (!) packs of risers finally the problems dissapeared for good. The next thing is to use windows 8.1 64 bit, especialli if you have h81 mobo. They are really well optimised for this OS. Moreover, windows 10 will have bigger load on the cpu which can slow your cards when mining. In my case win 10 is above 90% whereas win 8.1 around 20%.

You should see 6 cards after the drivers install and 1 probably with an exclamation mark in the device manager. You need to run the 6 card mod to be able to mine with all 6.
1. I see see 6 cards after the drivers install and 1 with an exclamation mark in the device manager.
Activity: 14
Why?
Can anybody help me?

try win10
now i'd like to use win 7_64 - problems - only 4 cards (i have 6). After updating drivers - no cards.
There is no openGL...

You should change your risers first of all. I had bad luck with shitty risers months ago. Sometimes the card appear sometimes not. I thought the problems were elsewere but after changing two (!) packs of risers finally
the problems dissapeared for good. The next thing is to use windows 8.1 64 bit, especialli if you have h81 mobo. They are really well optimised for this OS. Moreover, windows 10 will have bigger load on the cpu which can slow your cards when mining. In my case win 10 is above 90% whereas win 8.1 around 20%.

You should see 6 cards after the drivers install and 1 probably with an exclamation mark in the device manager. You need to run the 6 card mod to be able to mine with all 6.
You dont need to buy new risers. Look at thi solution, it works for me.
http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1001/How-To-Correctly-Use-and-Install-PCI-E-Riser-Cables/
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
Why?
Can anybody help me?

try win10
There is no openGL...

You should change your risers first of all. I had bad luck with shitty risers months ago. Sometimes the card appear sometimes not. I thought the problems were elsewere but after changing two (!) packs of risers finally the problems dissapeared for good. The next thing is to use windows 8.1 64 bit, especialli if you have h81 mobo. They are really well optimised for this OS. Moreover, windows 10 will have bigger load on the cpu which can slow your cards when mining. In my case win 10 is above 90% whereas win 8.1 around 20%.

Why?
Can anybody help me?

try win10
There is no openGL...

Activity: 17
Why?
Can anybody help me?

try win10
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Why?
Can anybody help me?

Activity: 72
I have to use v8.0 on some rigs due to the power surge issue, I'd like to use SSL as the reported hash rate is better, but v8.0 doesn't support SSL. Any ideas?

Activity: 35
9.2 is stable not upgrading to 9.3

Same here, I feel 9.3 is slower for RX series.

Claymore said 10.0 will be faster. So better to wait.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Same here, I feel 9.3 is slower for RX series.
Why?
Can anybody help me?
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
I posted this in the sgminer thread as well but didn't get a response:

Hello all.  I recently did an xmr test run with sgminer-gm on a 5 rx470 rig, win7, 16.9.2, and everything works fine.  When I switch back to wolf (xmr) or claymore (zcash), those miners no longer have control over fan speed.  I also cannot use watttool or amd settings to control fan speeds.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I did a clean driver removal and reinstall but the fan speeds are still locked at the previous setting when I first ran sgminer-gm.  Help would be greatly appreciated.  

edit: I added auto-fan and temp-target to the conf file instead of a static fan speed and now it seems okay.

update: After switching back to claymore zec miner, there is still no fan control and the speeds are strange.  The speeds are stuck at 40,40,65,65,50.  Seems really odd.

update 1/1/2017:  If I set the fan to a static speed on sgminer before opening claymore, the fans have a minimum speed from my sgminer config file, but claymore's miner and other utilities cannot modify the fan speed.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-enable fan control with mining software besides sgminer?

-Dave
you use MSI Afterburner

Never tried it with Polaris cards.  I'll look at it today.

Are you closing sgminer or any of the other miners that you are switching from/ to?  Usually only one program can control the API at a time.

Yes, even after a reboot the issue persists.
Jump to: