Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 268. (Read 3839163 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
There is a problem with Zclassic mining. With allpools 1 option at zcl.coinmine.pl when miner tries to mine devfee it tries to coonect with ssl, but there is no ssl support at zcl.coinmine. How i can avoid this?

v9.3 and "-allpools 1" will work.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I posted this in the sgminer thread as well but didn't get a response:

Hello all.  I recently did an xmr test run with sgminer-gm on a 5 rx470 rig, win7, 16.9.2, and everything works fine.  When I switch back to wolf (xmr) or claymore (zcash), those miners no longer have control over fan speed.  I also cannot use watttool or amd settings to control fan speeds.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I did a clean driver removal and reinstall but the fan speeds are still locked at the previous setting when I first ran sgminer-gm.  Help would be greatly appreciated. 

edit: I added auto-fan and temp-target to the conf file instead of a static fan speed and now it seems okay.

update: After switching back to claymore zec miner, there is still no fan control and the speeds are strange.  The speeds are stuck at 40,40,65,65,50.  Seems really odd.

update 1/1/2017:  If I set the fan to a static speed on sgminer before opening claymore, the fans have a minimum speed from my sgminer config file, but claymore's miner and other utilities cannot modify the fan speed. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-enable fan control with mining software besides sgminer?

-Dave
you use MSI Afterburner
Activity: 550
Merit: 500
There is a problem with Zclassic mining. With allpools 1 option at zcl.coinmine.pl when miner tries to mine devfee it tries to coonect with ssl, but there is no ssl support at zcl.coinmine. How i can avoid this?

zcl.suprnova.cc has ssl port
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Activity: 1
whats all this... dont get... can i have a one on one training
Activity: 270
Ok, Nvidia is officially beat Amd with EWBF miner, no linked to nh. Over 460 with 1080s. Claymore, you gotta make some magic on modern fijis, or only option is to wait to vega 10, and see what they can, any other case it much more worthy to build nvidia rigs as it is for today.
Activity: 6
HI all)
what's the most profitable Crimson for only RX4xx?
Activity: 11
9.2 works flawlessly for me and my twins >_<

I found the 9.3 is about 3-5% faster than the 9.2 for my R9 390.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
aka ...
Did you use the 15.12?

15.12 does not work with RX4x0 ^^

v9.2/3 works fine with driver v16.10.3 (win7_64)
on RX-4x0 and R9 390.

v9.3 gives slightly more hashes for the price of using more CPU and Power - is stable.

Smiley
Activity: 322
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
the 9.3 changed NOTHING on my cards. old or newest...

Did you use the 15.12?
Activity: 231
9.2 works flawlessly for me and my twins >_<
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
So, any reason to move from working 9.2 on rx 470s and 280xs?

No reason

No reason to upgrade!

Thaks to all for the answers. Staying on 9.2. One week solid mining without crash. Smiley

If you're stable, don't upgrade.  If you're not, upgrade.  9.3 is supposed to be more stable.   I had 2 problematic rigs that are more stable with 9.3 vs 9.2
Activity: 189
So, any reason to move from working 9.2 on rx 470s and 280xs?

No reason

No reason to upgrade!

Thaks to all for the answers. Staying on 9.2. One week solid mining without crash. Smiley
Activity: 209

Hello all.  I recently did an xmr test run with sgminer-gm on a 5 rx470 rig, win7, 16.9.2, and everything works fine.  When I switch back to wolf (xmr) or claymore (zcash), those miners no longer have control over fan speed.  I also cannot use watttool or amd settings to control fan speeds.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I did a clean driver removal and reinstall but the fan speeds are still locked at the previous setting when I first ran sgminer-gm.  Help would be greatly appreciated. 

edit: I added auto-fan and temp-target to the conf file instead of a static fan speed and now it seems okay.

update: After switching back to claymore zec miner, there is still no fan control and the speeds are strange.  The speeds are stuck at 40,40,65,65,50.  Seems really odd.

update 1/1/2017:  If I set the fan to a static speed on sgminer before opening claymore, the fans have a minimum speed from my sgminer config file, but claymore's miner and other utilities cannot modify the fan speed. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-enable fan control with mining software besides sgminer?

-Dave
Are you closing sgminer or any of the other miners that you are switching from/ to?  Usually only one program can control the API at a time.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
the 9.3 changed NOTHING on my cards. old or newest...
Activity: 816

-Dave

on AMD Settings keep the fan in auto and set the target temp and max temp. Even if the card crashes it will still maintain the temps on reboot.

AMD settings app no longer controls the fan settings.  I can change the target and max and click "apply" but the fan speeds are still stuck. 

Another interesting observation:  I reinstalled the cards one by one and it seems closer to normal now. Claymore's miner seems to be controlling the fan speeds if I watch them in GPU-Z, but the readout in the miner software shows incorrect fan speeds.  It still holds the target temperature but the readout in the miner for fan speed does not match the GPU-Z fan speed.
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

-Dave

on AMD Settings keep the fan in auto and set the target temp and max temp. Even if the card crashes it will still maintain the temps on reboot.
Activity: 816

-Dave
Activity: 209
Honestly im thinking we have got all what we need for rx series. Just bkz of 256 bit band. Any empruvement is only cards with 386 bit ram band.

I agree with that. The R9 390 has 512 memory bit, so it is faster.
May be. Nvidia 1070 has much less cores (1920) and Memory Bandwidth (GB / sec) 256 but fast hashed than R9 390X,R9 390 and RX480. My EVGA nVIDIA GTX 1070 hashed 430 sol/s .

Can't compare cores on NVidia to cores on AMD - the NVidia cores DO a lot more per core than AMD ones do - but for MOST cryptocoin mining work most of that "extra capability" is wasted.

There's a REASON the 1070 blows anything AMD completely out of the water on Folding@Home work despite having fewer cores than many AMD cards - and the 1080 and Titans do so by an even wider margin.

On the other hand, even mid-upper-range AMD cards can blow anything NVidia out of the water on DNet work (which IS compute-bound cryptographic work and directly comparable to many of the older Cryptocoin algorythms like SHA256 and Scrypt in how it works).

Yup even a lowly GTX 1060 3GB, slaps an RX  480 8GB around with ZEC mining by almost 20sol/s.
Cryptonote and Dagger-Hashimoto are a different matter entirely.
Activity: 142
Hi guys.
How to set up main pool and backup pool so if main pool has connection problems its connects to another one and then goes back to main pool again?

Also i had many times issue when miner just hangs doing nothing... any chance to configure it to restart when it happens?
I had it at set up -r 60 but i dont really like it restarting every 60 minutes. I would like the miner to restart when it just hangs...

Look at the epools.txt you can set pools there..
Jump to: