Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 394. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
v9.0:

- improved speed by 3-20% (depends on card model). About 310H/s on stock 390X, 220H/s on stock RX480, 295H/x on stock Nano.
- added "-i 7" and "-i 8" values, about 1% speedup, but can be unstable in some cases.
- added SSL/TLS encryption support for better security, see "-zpool" option description in Readme file for details.
- added "License.txt" file that contains the License Agreement.
- added "-v" option.
- several bug fixes and minor improvements.
- EthMan: improved saving options.

Omg Great work Claymore rly good speed now 230H/s with my Rx480 8gig and 203H/s with my rx470 4gig LOVE YOU CLAYMORE!!!  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
v9.0:

- improved speed by 3-20% (depends on card model). About 310H/s on stock 390X, 220H/s on stock RX480, 295H/x on stock Nano.
- added "-i 7" and "-i 8" values, about 1% speedup, but can be unstable in some cases.
- added SSL/TLS encryption support for better security, see "-zpool" option description in Readme file for details.
- added "-v" option.

What card shows highest hash rate increases (by your estimate?) Also. Are we at the end of the runway for updates or at least a significant slowdown of hash rate increases?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v9.0:

- added "-v" option.
More speed, means higher difficulty and higher electricity consumption and the same income. Because most people use claymore for zcash, so everyone will move to new miner. What is the point?

How about that he want to be competitive and beat other miner? It's fair. One other thing is for sure RX cards can surelly hash higher.

I expect around 350 h/s for 390x, 300 h/s for 290/290x and minor improvements for 280/380 (maybe 5%+). Little to not improvement for 470/480 due to the narrower memory bus.

Don't get your hopes up too much. The interesting part will be power draw here, I am not interested in 15% hash rate for 25% Power draw that's for sure.

Exciting times still.

Edit: Heh, i was off quite a bit.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
More speed, means higher difficulty and higher electricity consumption and the same income. Because most people use claymore for zcash, so everyone will move to new miner. What is the point?

How about that he want to be competitive and beat other miner? It's fair. One other thing is for sure RX cards can surelly hash higher.
Activity: 19
Activity: 410
Any news for the v9 release? It could be today? tomorrow? or?

claymore said "in 24 hrs", i will sleep very late and wake up very early LOL

Maybe better to just not sleep and spam the F5 button, you can sleep when your dead but lose out in the income due to sleep   Wink
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

claymore said "in 24 hrs", i will sleep very late and wake up very early LOL
Activity: 966
Merit: 501

He said about 4 hours ago that he release it within 24 hours ...
Activity: 466
Merit: 500

rather a small rise, but let's see how far it will be pumped this time  Cry

ZEC dont have chance to be pumped or even to get normal price. Specially now that v 9 will be reeased.
Also Nvidia nade good prog for mining, so diff will raise a lot.
Till miners dont stop dumping ZEC price will just go down down down...........

Zec needs to go high now or the next few days or else it will be hammered down by these new faster miner from nvidia and claymore. If it will not, 5usd is in the horizon. This is a shitcoin anyway.
[/quote]

More 'hobby miners' that mine and hold as a % of total mining capacity is good. Price depression is 90% large farms that mine and sell to pay for running costs.
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
Woot, sold all my Zcash Sad.. wish I waited a little longer..

Dang it! Same here  Shocked
Looks like a new Nvidia miner is out.
1070 @ 250
1080 @ 300

Nvidia people are starting to catch up.

Still a terrible choice to buy an nVidia card vs. AMD. Barely any other currencies to mine profitably, high purchase cost, higher rate of dead cards from mining and lower resale value % than AMD.

If you have cards laying around, great. Buying an nVidia card to mine. Terrible idea.
Activity: 481
Woot, sold all my Zcash Sad.. wish I waited a little longer..
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
ZEC is on the RISE = $50.00 on Poloniex
rather a small rise, but let's see how far it will be pumped this time  Cry

RISE = $57.06

Claymore - It knows you are releasing!
Activity: 273

rather a small rise, but let's see how far it will be pumped this time  Cry

ZEC dont have chance to be pumped or even to get normal price. Specially now that v 9 will be reeased.
Also Nvidia nade good prog for mining, so diff will raise a lot.
Till miners dont stop dumping ZEC price will just go down down down...........
[/quote]

Zec needs to go high now or the next few days or else it will be hammered down by these new faster miner from nvidia and claymore. If it will not, 5usd is in the horizon. This is a shitcoin anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
The 290 is at the bottom of the depreciation curve. Buy one for $150 today, sell for $100-$125 a year from now.

With the 1070/1080, even if it only loses 10% its value (which is impossible most likely will be more like 30-40%) it will still depreciate more in $ than the R9 290s.
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
hi, having a problem now. v8 miner starts ok but after 10 or so minutes the sols drop to 0 on all cards and i have to restart windows to stop the miner. this has been happening for a while now. i have 4 cards on the rig?? any ideas???
rise vddc or down the clock

could it be something to do with the dev fee because it seems to happen after the first devfee mining start? i have tried adding -allpools 1. not sure what that does though.

i have 4 cards on the rig and am using 2x 750w corsair psu with 2cards on each (r9 290's)
Activity: 78
hi, having a problem now. v8 miner starts ok but after 10 or so minutes the sols drop to 0 on all cards and i have to restart windows to stop the miner. this has been happening for a while now. i have 4 cards on the rig?? any ideas???

Check your psu, or use undervolt for all card you using it.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
rise vddc or down the clock
Jump to: