Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 413. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 10
It could be a riser problem, since there is more data being transfered at a faster rate.

Makes sense. Just my question remains - how raising voltage gets rid of this error?
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
It could be a riser problem, since there is more data being transfered at a faster rate.
in two days I will get my new risers and will check that also
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
legendary
≡v≡
OK here's the strange thing that I can't solve and don't even have a clue what is wrong.
The day V8 was released I was installing new racks (2racks 48GPUs) and configuring them, disabling updates, setting apm on power on in bios and etc. and then I installed V8 (which then I re downloaded again) and started to mine, till this day some of rigs were crashing due to normal "GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call" I tried every step but nothing helped, then I switched back to V7 and everything works just fine. I also want to mention that all other rigs are working just fine on V8, there are windows 7s and 10s as well, only just 3 or 4 rigs had this kind of problem.

Same here. Few cards will hang with v8 but work without problems with v7. I guess there is correlation between power consumption and hashrates. V8 consumes more power and gives more hashrate. So after raising voltage for downvolted cards everything works well now.
I was mining on stock bios RX 480 8G then I replaced those cards to low volt bios for eth on RX 480 8G but it didn't work either, next time I get on place only option left is to try another PSU or reinstall the windows..
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
OK here's the strange thing that I can't solve and don't even have a clue what is wrong.
The day V8 was released I was installing new racks (2racks 48GPUs) and configuring them, disabling updates, setting apm on power on in bios and etc. and then I installed V8 (which then I re downloaded again) and started to mine, till this day some of rigs were crashing due to normal "GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call" I tried every step but nothing helped, then I switched back to V7 and everything works just fine. I also want to mention that all other rigs are working just fine on V8, there are windows 7s and 10s as well, only just 3 or 4 rigs had this kind of problem.

Same here. Few cards will hang with v8 but work without problems with v7. I guess there is correlation between power consumption and hashrates. V8 consumes more power and gives more hashrate. So after raising voltage for downvolted cards everything works well now.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
stealth in civilized countries we don't insult people like that for nothing. You are polluting this thread with "whens the new version getting out" and getting aggressive about it.  no one wants to read that, its useless.  people here talk about hashrates, how to get a good setup, how to troubleshoot problems, general help and of course to discuss the claymore miner, including speculation on the new versions.  Please be more respectful.  Also, no one has to take shit from a newbie.  sorry bud, go whine somewhere else.  crypto is risky business, no one said making money is guaranteed.
what a load of crap,I stopped posting here last week and moved over to zcash forum where I can have an adult conversation this place is full of people that think there better than everyone els and can say what they want with out consequences,I take shit from no one never have but I am the most helpful person you can ever meet,I use same name on zcash forum check out my posts,I will not be talked to in that way or told I can't ask a question on an open forum who the hell do you think you are,people like you give this shit hole the bad name it's known for

I mean you also come off as sort of a total cunt so thats not exactly gonna help. And as you pointed out, anyone can say anything so whining about "I will not be talked to" in a certain way while insulting people yourself just makes you look like a damn tool.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Leave Claymore the fuck alone!

The more you bitch and pester him about when he's going to release v9 (or any version), the longer he has to spend checking and replying to your bullshit messages, the less time he has to spend developing the new version.

Leave him alone! Just be thankful you have ANY working version that's making you money!
you will not tell me if I can ask a question on an open forum you twat!!!unbelievable the people here that feel the need to answer for Claymore he's a big boy and a software developer not a fucking god you moron
Unlike you I am no Claymore fan boy I pick the fastest miner at a given time and pay my fee why should I be thankful to Claymore he does not earn my money I do with what I invested and there will always be a source of software for me to use as long as I pay so that gives me the right to ask questions

Doesn't mean he's wrong. Is there any reason to think Claymore would answer more because he's asked 10 times?
legendary
≡v≡
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The 8.0 miner just stop working for me  Undecided when i try to start it again nothing happens anyone with the same problem?
make sure windows didn't quarantine it as a virus

Well it was AVG was saying it was a trojan the exe file hm guess i have to uninstall it.  Undecided

Dont uninstall, just set as an exception in the settings

Thx did't know that means alot!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 410
The 8.0 miner just stop working for me  Undecided when i try to start it again nothing happens anyone with the same problem?

Well it was AVG was saying it was a trojan the exe file hm guess i have to uninstall it.  Undecided

Dont uninstall, just set as an exception in the settings

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
Activity: 78

The more you bitch and pester him about when he's going to release v9 (or any version), the longer he has to spend checking and replying to your bullshit messages, the less time he has to spend developing the new version.

Leave him alone! Just be thankful you have ANY working version that's making you money!
7 fucking posts a you think you have the right to tell members what they can ask you silly twat lol
Your lack of courtesy and grammar is disturbing, small man. If you have something to oppose - do it the right way!
you have know clue who I am and to make judgement on a post on a forum tells me everything ,there is no problem with my grammar but we all make that odd mistakes no big deal,I asked a question and apparently upset a few people here as you think I don't have the right to ask when next version will be out,Claymore does not need you or anyone els to answer for him and in doing that you show how pathetic you are.

You can ask questions, by all means you can, just try not to be so cancerous, that kinda hate spreads and ruins communities. Be nice. Here, have a lolipop.
Grin Grin Grin
  Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 16

7 fucking posts a you think you have the right to tell members what they can ask you silly twat lol
Your lack of courtesy and grammar is disturbing, small man. If you have something to oppose - do it the right way!
you have know clue who I am and to make judgement on a post on a forum tells me everything ,there is no problem with my grammar but we all make that odd mistakes no big deal,I asked a question and apparently upset a few people here as you think I don't have the right to ask when next version will be out,Claymore does not need you or anyone els to answer for him and in doing that you show how pathetic you are.

You can ask questions, by all means you can, just try not to be so cancerous, that kinda hate spreads and ruins communities. Be nice. Here, have a lolipop.
Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 347
Merit: 255

i agree but if you check back I asked a question and forum members were upset which lead to this
Activity: 307
I asked a question and apparently upset a few people here as you think I don't have the right to ask when next version will be out,Claymore does not need you or anyone els to answer for him and in doing that you show how pathetic you are.

You upset the people, because you asked the question after claymore just answered it a few posts before!
Activity: 51

Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

legendary
Activity: 1281
For 6X rx 470, is win 10 the only option, or win 8 could work?? (I know that 6 gpu mod don't work anymore on win 7)

and why "6 gpu mod don't work anymore on win 7" ?
there is no reason it don't work if it worked before lol

i have 6x 470 on win 7
Jump to: