Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 412. (Read 3839163 times)

rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Here I come to try to undermine the zcash with claymore

But I crash after a few seconds

I get 180H / S per card, (rx 480)

This is what I put in the bat:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6666 -allpools 1 -zwal my address wallet.rig -zpsw x

Do you have an idea why this crash?

thank you in advance

On Windows you have to add set before GPU...

set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6666 -allpools 1 -zwal my address wallet.rig -zpsw x

And don't forget: Virtual memory >16 MB.

?!? set or setx is true?

set modifies the current shell's (window) environment values, and the change is available immediately, but it is temporary. The change will not affect other shells that are running, and as soon as you close the shell, the new value is lost until such time as you run set again.

setx modifies the value permanently, which affects all future shells, but does not modify the environment of the shells already running. You have to exit the shell and reopen it before the change will be available, but the value will remain modified until you change it again.

Thanks for comprehensive answer, but I asked what is more properly used and not the differences between the set and setx?

Well i use setx as global, I don't think there is a "proper" way, you either set it temporary or permanently.
I guess if you have various different cards you would use set, and if they were all the same use setx.

When you use setx will stay there forever. You have to go to the registry and manually remove it under currentuser\environment
Activity: 108
Merit: 11
guys have some questions that bothers me...

just added in my rig today an HD 8990, to another 3x R9 390 gigabite 8 gb, with a Ewga supernova 1300w G2 PSU... The consuption is 1327w at wall...

Also have an Therma Take Though power 1200w PSU which is running at 1130w at wall....

where is the limit of the PSU consuption in long term? Any experience/advice?   

Just dont wanna burn them in short time...

next, where is the difference between the MSI afterburner setting and setting the settings in the crimson software? for me are the setting possibilities same, or i missing something?

pls teach me...

Many thanks for any advice and help....

Most PSUs achieve maximum efficiency around 50% load.  The cost of doubling your power requirement usually washes any profits from extra efficiency though.

For longevity you should aim to load them around 80% (or less if you want the gains in efficiency). 
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot....
you will not tell me if I can ask a question on an open forum you twat!!!unbelievable the people here that feel the need to answer for
Just keep your spam for yourself, be patient and don't bother us.

There is an "ignore" function for a reason.

I wonder what is the maximum amount of ignores that someone has on their list, threads would be very quiet for them I take it lol
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
you will not tell me if I can ask a question on an open forum you twat!!!unbelievable the people here that feel the need to answer for
Just keep your spam for yourself, be patient and don't bother us.

There is an "ignore" function for a reason.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?

set modifies the current shell's (window) environment values, and the change is available immediately, but it is temporary. The change will not affect other shells that are running, and as soon as you close the shell, the new value is lost until such time as you run set again.

setx modifies the value permanently, which affects all future shells, but does not modify the environment of the shells already running. You have to exit the shell and reopen it before the change will be available, but the value will remain modified until you change it again.

Thanks for comprehensive answer, but I asked what is more properly used and not the differences between the set and setx?

Well i use setx as global, I don't think there is a "proper" way, you either set it temporary or permanently.
I guess if you have various different cards you would use set, and if they were all the same use setx.

My cards is all the same /RX480 Nitro+ OC 8 GB/ and i will use setx! Thanks!

set needs =
setx doesn't
so good thing that you're going to use setx

use
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

just added in my rig today an HD 8990, to another 3x R9 390 gigabite 8 gb, with a Ewga supernova 1300w G2 PSU... The consuption is 1327w at wall...

Also have an Therma Take Though power 1200w PSU which is running at 1130w at wall....

next, where is the difference between the MSI afterburner setting and setting the settings in the crimson software? for me are the setting possibilities same, or i missing something?

pls teach me...

Take the 1130w at wall, and figure out what it is outputting by multiplying by efficiency (can estimate based on 80+ level, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus).  Some say to not go over 80% load for 24/7, others say you can go higher if it is a quality PSU.  Stability may be better not at high load, but depends on quality of PSU also. Look up Johny GURU review of your PSU. Or perhaps look here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
Activity: 176

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?

set needs =
setx doesn't
so good thing that you're going to use setx

Activity: 425

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Claymore has a full mining speed from the start(v1) .no one sees but my?
He simultaneously works with pools and exchanges and zcash team.
Look at the Poloniex pump and dump and release of new miners (time)
His job is to prevent too large price decrease.Price now is unreal high.
There is no race.everything is pre-planned.
Slow start is over.There is still one final release,and that's it.
One more pump and price go down.(because he does not hurry with the latest version)
Game is over.
Activity: 142

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?

Activity: 142

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

?!? set or setx is true?
Activity: 307

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance

Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance
Try remove string "GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0" and reboot PC.

Ok I will try.

thxp
Activity: 114
Merit: 10

pls teach me...

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance
Try remove string "GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0" and reboot PC.
Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

thank you in advance
Activity: 238
i am facing this problem

http://i64.tinypic.com/j9pw02.jpg

check out GPU1 H/S

i tried fresh install drivers with DDU, and tried with diffrent cards also same problem. my 1 gpu always give me bad hashrate also check afterburner ss. and i also tried diffrent pool. but same problem. even i tried with
GA-970A-DS3P motherboard

and i tried with 5 rx 470 cards also and tried 15.12 drivers too

my config

MB= gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5
RAM= 8GB
VIRTUAL MEMORY = 16GB
PROCESSOR= AMD FX6300
1200WATT PSU

Just put screen on card running slow and put it back on preferred card when card is running properly! Wink

i m not understand u bro. pls explain more

This usually happens when pc reboot and miner restarts. I remove HDMI cable from the usual card and insert it into card that's hashing low, hashes will start to climb on card and than I put HDMI back on coolest card. I used to uninstall driver, but that's a waste of time.

If I were you I would do a series of tests to find a culprit by method of exclusion.

1. Can you do 4 tests: disconnect 1 card and run 4 other cards in a combination where you can exclude every card. If you are getting full speed on every card then it means that the cards are fine.

2. Do the same for all risers. Exclude 1, run 4. If you are getting full speed on every riser then it means that the cards are fine.

3. If tests 1 and 2 successful you need to try another PSU with more amps on 12V line. Or run that card from another separate PSU.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
It could be a riser problem, since there is more data being transfered at a faster rate.

Makes sense. Just my question remains - how raising voltage gets rid of this error?
Im also wondering if it is a riser problem why miner crashes after 5+hrs of work ?
Jump to: