Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 445. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
IS GPY  allready dead for this coin
http://www.ufominers.com/zcash-equinox
looks like bs to me.
also do the calculations - 900H/s = 5*rx480, 120W*5 = 600W, 250$*5 = 1250$...
WHY?Huh

A single Radeon Pro Duo produce 1000 H/s and uses 300W

It cost about 1200 USD here in Denmark

Any proof ?
Activity: 138
Merit: 100

they also offer eth miner, look at their product pictures
it seems it has dvd rom and floppy drive also, good Grin
A uhm... F... fLOPPY DRIVE?
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
who tested  radeon pro duo ? do they really do 1k ?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
please don't stop development!!!
Activity: 33
looks like bs to me.
WHY?Huh

A single Radeon Pro Duo produce 1000 H/s and uses 300W

It cost about 1200 USD here in Denmark
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

they also offer eth miner, look at their product pictures
it seems it has dvd rom and floppy drive also, good Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Yes but its just first ..remeber for LTC..first ASIC were laughable but then in just few months ASIC evolved and made GPYs obsolete

Don't count on that happening any time soon. ETH mining has been around forever and it doesn't have a ASIC for it.

Edit: looks like i was wrong
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Yes but its just first ..remeber for LTC..first ASIC were laughable but then in just few months ASIC evolved and made GPYs obsolete
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
looks like bs to me.
WHY?Huh

Hashing Speed: 900H/s
Hashing Algorithm: Equihash
Power Consumption: 980 Watts

That's 1.1 watts per S/s, that is extremely high...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Activity: 36
Hello guys. I just started configuring my first rig. I have 4 RX 470 gpus . It works just fine until i get this error :

WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCL call, exit .

After that it tries to restart the system but actualy freeze it. I have 1200 PSU so power shouldn`t be a problem

Any idea what it can cause this ? I have enough virtual memory set. The Gpus are not modded or anything . Just stock

There seems to be a problem with atikmdag.sys Fail . I have 16 gb of Virtual Memory

i had the same problem changed my RAM memory all fixed Cheesy

Thanks for the tip will try tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1000
BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
Hello guys. I just started configuring my first rig. I have 4 RX 470 gpus . It works just fine until i get this error :

After that it tries to restart the system but actualy freeze it. I have 1200 PSU so power shouldn`t be a problem

Any idea what it can cause this ? I have enough virtual memory set. The Gpus are not modded or anything . Just stock

There seems to be a problem with atikmdag.sys Fail . I have 16 gb of Virtual Memory

i had the same problem changed my RAM memory all fixed Cheesy
Activity: 15

Might be a bad riser.

or the riser is loose
or .. are the lanes set to gen2?  is there a 16x configuration setup like 8x4x4x?
definetly dont leave any of those settings on auto
or the drivers are getting mixed up, might want to try DDU uninstall and reinstall drivers if nothing else works

The lanes are set to gen2 yeah . I have gen 1 and gen 2 should i switch to gen1 ? Can you tell me more about this settings ? To be honest everything is stock and auto. It`s strange that everything works well for 30 mins sometimes 1 hour sometimes 2 hours than boom...i get that error and pc freezes ! Thank you for the helping response
Mentioning a loose riser.. I had a 4 days uptime on one miner with x1-x16 risers. Then suddenly the miner froze, but I could ping the PC, though couldn't connect to it through RDP, Teamviewer or VNC... So when I got to my miner physically, I saw one riser loose, a couple millimeters out from the motherboard. I guess it could be bad riser + vibration (very strange, but that's my only guess) or maybe some ghost Smiley
Seriously, I had a thought that riser was springly (elastic) and maybe because of environment (temp, vibration) it took itself a little out.

Btw what gen1/gen2 you are talking about?
Activity: 36

I was just gonna post here because I'm having the same problem with my Rx 470s i'm running an msi z97 gaming 5 motherboard. The only thing that has worked for me so far is to keep rearranging the slot configuration and reinstalling the drivers multiple times (took me like 10 tries to get it stable) right now its running stable with 5 cards but I have 7 available and can't get the other two to work. I only have 4 working risers at the moment so I'm plugging in two of my gpus directly into the x16 slots (1st and last one) and risers on the remaining slots (constantly rearranging to get it working) somebody please help this is a nightmare. Keep getting this stupid atikmdag.sys has failed crap

Have already tried everything that I could find on google including changing PCI to gen1 and gen 2, changing drivers, changed config to 8x4x4, etc
Activity: 8

Might be a bad riser.

or the riser is loose
or .. are the lanes set to gen2?  is there a 16x configuration setup like 8x4x4x?
or the drivers are getting mixed up, might want to try DDU uninstall and reinstall drivers if nothing else works

The lanes are set to gen2 yeah . I have gen 1 and gen 2 should i switch to gen1 ? Can you tell me more about this settings ? To be honest everything is stock and auto. It`s strange that everything works well for 30 mins sometimes 1 hour sometimes 2 hours than boom...i get that error and pc freezes ! Thank you for the helping response
Activity: 168
Merit: 104

Might be a bad riser.

or the riser is loose
Activity: 15

Might be a bad riser.
I had a situation when I opened a brand-new riser x16-x16 and used it for a while, everything was alright.
After a while, I reconnected the riser several times and after that when system is idle, everything was ok, but when I turn a miner on - the GPU begins showing 0S/S, hangs and restarts the PC.
Changing the riser helped... For a while, then some time passed and history repeated itself... Using x1-x16 riser in x16 slot helped me. I guess crappy risers were the problem. Ordered USB risers now, hope it will help.
Hope my experience helps. Anyways, try this GPU without riser to make sure GPU is ok.
Activity: 187

Check extender of that card... Or just change it... I have similar problems with crappy extenders...
Anyone else dissapoint with the Nanopool ? Its paying consistently under what it should be for the h/s it displays by a good 15% and on top of that its not even showing the right h/s , its under by around 1000 h/s  for my 15000 h/s

anyone seeing this as well ?
Nano pool has always been like that.

I second that. I compared Nanopool for ETH, ETC and ZEC with the following pools: dwarfpool for ETH, ethc.epool.io for ETC, flypool and coinmine for ZEC. I must say that nanopool was giving 5-10% less earnings compared to the other pools. I also noticed that dwarfpool was giving exactly the same profit as the calculator www.whattomine.com was showing both for ETH and XMR (with Claymore Cryptonight miner). I think that Nano is delibarately showing an incorrect hashrate. Only the profit tests can show the real picture.
I've found the same as you, Dwarf has always been my favorite, it pays the best compared to every other ETH pool that I've used, I hope the same for ZEC.

It looks like Dwarf is looking better

19273   16-11-30, 09:04:58 (1 hour ago)   9.6370   immature
19221   16-11-30, 06:31:59 (3 hours ago)   9.6111   immature
19213   16-11-30, 06:17:45 (4 hours ago)   9.6070   confirmed
19175   16-11-30, 04:22:59 (6 hours ago)   9.5880   confirmed
19145   16-11-30, 03:10:21 (7 hours ago)   9.5730   confirmed

finding new block every 4 hours or so now.
Jump to: