Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 511. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Can someone suggest some good settings for RX480 Ref? That will get 170+mhs. I am using mai afterburner but can use watttool or flash bios. Please guide me. Thank you.

I am using 1325/2100 right now but it is getting really hot and power hungry.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
i feel 280x the cards Claymore loves the most - will have 200 sols per card i nthe update Smiley)
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
Which driver to use?

I have 5 r9 280x and a rx470 which driver use this driver giving driver stopped working

win7 64 bits

I'm having the same issue opencl hang and crashes computer when I run more than 2 cards...if I run my 380s it's stable but adding 1 or both of my 280x cards miner and windows crashes.  Not sure if a driver issue causing this or my motherboard not able to support it. Btw it ran for 2 days then started this problem of crashing on startup any intensity setting

Here it worked normal with 5 r9 280
After I put the rx470 does not run the driver for

Just got a Rx 470.  Can someone please suggest a good setting (GPU, memory etc) to use to get the best from the miner?
Activity: 311
Which driver to use?

I have 5 r9 280x and a rx470 which driver use this driver giving driver stopped working

win7 64 bits

I'm having the same issue opencl hang and crashes computer when I run more than 2 cards...if I run my 380s it's stable but adding 1 or both of my 280x cards miner and windows crashes.  Not sure if a driver issue causing this or my motherboard not able to support it. Btw it ran for 2 days then started this problem of crashing on startup any intensity setting

Here it worked normal with 5 r9 280
After I put the rx470 does not run the driver for
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
yep, good idea, many are having the issue that some1 is changing the miner settings and stealing this way the hash power.....

that is because people are opening their rigs to the world (internet) without using a firewall.
Can't blame anyone except themselves.

No that's not correct thinking.  Your of the type I see that if the door is open you feel everything free to take.  It's about doing unto others as you want done to you!  That's what it all boils down to in a nutshell

BR
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Which driver to use?

win7 64 bits

Activity: 378
Actually the miner itself wouldn't have to, HIS control program could query the API's, collate the results, and send commands to your control program, which would in turn start the appropriate miner and pool.

Regardless how you try and spin it, something somewhere is going to be using a BOATLOAD of traffic and resources.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Since you advised not to buy r9 380s, i searched the ads for other cards.
I found some used r9 390s and rx 470 4gbs still under 1+ year warranty.

What to buy? Please advise, need only 3 cards for now.

On this forum I found these hashrates:
R9 390 ~ 235 H/s, stock BIOS,
RX 470 4gb ~ 160 H/s, stock BIOS.

What about power consumption?

If you pay for electricity and you need to choose from that cards I recommend the RX 470 cards.

R9 390 max load ZEC mining ~260W
RX 470 max load ZEC mining ~120W

Of course with stock bios and settings and "-i 4" option.
Activity: 160
What Windows are you guys using? 7 or 10? Which one gives more H/s?

Win 8.1

For more than 5 cards in 1 mobo you need to install Win 10.

Hi

that is not correct ! I'am using Win 8.1 with 6 Cards ! Thats working with a driver patch !

Have a nice day

Sorry, you're right about that. I just experienced that Win 8.1 is not stable with 6 or 7 cards (using that patch), so usually I don't recommend Win 8.1 for larger rigs. (But maybe not the driver patch or Win 8.1 was the cause of the unstability.)
Activity: 311
Which driver to use?

win7 64 bits
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Since you advised not to buy r9 380s, i searched the ads for other cards.
I found some used r9 390s and rx 470 4gbs still under 1+ year warranty.

What to buy? Please advise, need only 3 cards for now.

On this forum I found these hashrates:
R9 390 ~ 235 H/s, stock BIOS,
RX 470 4gb ~ 160 H/s, stock BIOS.

What about power consumption?
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
You can already do this by mining at an auto-switching pool using Claymore. What would be useful is for Claymore to auto-switch POOLS based on profit, he can dream big and combine all his miners controlled by a separate program that looks at the pool API's and starts the appropriate miner.

Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of miners hitting that API?
Actually the miner itself wouldn't have to, HIS control program could query the API's, collate the results, and send commands to your control program, which would in turn start the appropriate miner and pool.
Activity: 185
yep, good idea, many are having the issue that some1 is changing the miner settings and stealing this way the hash power.....

that is because people are opening their rigs to the world (internet) without using a firewall.
Can't blame anyone except themselves.
If the monitoring port was password protected things would be less critical

Maybe instead of forcing -mport -xxxx, you can add a password feature and if the password is not set, then open the monitoring port read only
But I agree this is more work than just changing the default behaviour, and this can be done later
Activity: 91
Claymore please add the count of rejected shares returned by each gpu like in your dual miner

thanks
Activity: 19
I'm running two reference 290's at 400h/s at 1030/1250 -100mv core -100mv aux 0 power level. Fans are now at 50-55% at 85C, this is inside of a Corsair 750D.

I need to put a kill-a-watt on it but it's made a significant difference on the temp with only a 20h/s loss. That's the highest core I can get to at the moment, stable.

Stock BIOS, should I load in the 390 STILT's bios?
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
It seems in next update I will make "-mport -3333" by default instead of current "-mport 3333", so miner will use "read-only" mode by default for remote management.
- You also need to make it to be 3001, since your main fee pool is on that port, If i "nat' that port, to monitor miner, pool will not work.
Ofc that can be changed, but it should not be default anymore.
- possible to add 'stale"?
- possible to add cpu affinity for miner?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
if you use risers here is what i have discovered they are crap Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I haven't had an issue with them, maybe with another miner or the first few versions of claymore, but I see no difference. at least with powered USB risers.

I think latest v7 is pulling more thru the risers also we saw the user with fried mobo.  This can't be no coincidence. Maybe someone could run a ammeter on the 12 v supplying the riser?  Looks like the cards are exceeding the pcie limit.  I too in the last week have fried a riser after mining many months on eth

Rx 480 rig. Burnt riser was on xfx Reference card with +10% powlimit

BR
well i placed an amp probe on molex connector to the mobo pcie supply for a total current draw of 2.2 amps and at the usb risers 12 volts dc and that very low current at 2 milliamperes  Cheesy
Activity: 237
Claymore,

Do you have a project to make a miner that auto-switch to the best altcoin proft like nicehash did? I think it will be amazing this feature using your miners.. and i will be very glad in pay your fee as always..
You can already do this by mining at an auto-switching pool using Claymore. What would be useful is for Claymore to auto-switch POOLS based on profit, he can dream big and combine all his miners controlled by a separate program that looks at the pool API's and starts the appropriate miner.

yes, it is a nice project..

it will be great switch not only the pool, but also the altcoin..
Activity: 378

Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of miners hitting that API?
Activity: 358
Claymore,
Waiting for your miner, I hope it will be today or tomorrow.
Jump to: