Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 561. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I hate to repeat myself, but has anyone else noticed that the dev fee varies from 10-90 seconds?

yup.  no idea why though.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
These are my temperatures:

Grin

6x480 4GB underclocked & undervolted
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
so jealous of your temps, i only have one 390x the rest are 270x and 280x. will probably remove the blackplate to see if it helps

Imo the backplate is probably better and/or inconsequential if left on. In some builds, it may actually help conduct heat from the card (while others it provides an insulating layer)
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
Great miner Claymore! Thx!

My stats:

R9 7950/7970/280/280x = 110-120 S/s
R9 290 = 135-140 S/s
RX 470 8G = 148-151 S/s

All in default mode. No crashes.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
Good Job Man!!!!!
windows screen capture
How are you keeping your temps that low, my 390x sits at 93c Sad
93 is too high I'm using -tstop on 80
try cleaning them from dust maybe it'll help
also considering that V5 was way cooler than v4 and v6 is same as v5, I can't imagine what temps will you get on mining ETH

here are mines

still cold until now

so jealous of your temps, i only have one 390x the rest are 270x and 280x. will probably remove the blackplate to see if it helps
I have a quite big air vent and windows slightly open and what I observed is which miners are close to window have higher temps then others. I think it's all about dust, I'm going to clean them maybe this weekend so I'll post what will happen next..
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Yep, chasing that pot of gold. it lasted less then a week, imagine if we had v6 miner on day one...... I'm sticking with NH for now, saves a lot of time exchanging coins for BTC as I have no intention of holding anything but BTC and ETH long term.
Yeah, but you have no choice to sell your ZEC at a good price.

I would not worry about holding zec until the full block reward is reached.  Reason I use nicehash is so I don't lose money as the coin loses value.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Yep, chasing that pot of gold. it lasted less then a week, imagine if we had v6 miner on day one...... I'm sticking with NH for now, saves a lot of time exchanging coins for BTC as I have no intention of holding anything but BTC and ETH long term.
Yeah, but you have no choice to sell your ZEC at a good price.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
v6.0:

- improved speed by about 20-25% (depends on card model). About 180H/s on stock 390.
- "-i" parameter values are 0...4 now, default value is "-i 4".
- fixed issue with mixed cards.

Claymore,

Suggestion. Can you add a combined folder with ETH miner and Zcash miner and add a switch in the Remote manager? So we can switch from ETH to Z-cash miner and back and forth quickly.

Thank you so much for your amazing work.
If switch happens , I dont mind paying 2.5% for both ETH and Zcash mining. Great work

I'd like to second this request.

Why not go a little further Claymore? bundle both miners into same package, use API to check profitability hourly and switch algo to always mine the most profitable coin (between Ethash and Equihash), must like the Nicehash miner which makes sense but its crap under the hood. We would all spend a lot less time managing miners and switching pools, coins and algo's.........

Difficulty balances itself out between coins on its own.  Claymore writes good miners, not trivial scripts to help the lazy.  Besides, if he made a script like this, it would nullify itself anyway, because the difficulty/price between coins would always be even, since his miners are very popular.  So then in the end you, and him would lose, since it wastes time switching coins.

I get that and agree, in the long term is all equals out. But if we assume that is true, then why are we here mining Equihash and not sticking with Ethash as most people have done over the last 6-9 months?
I think we all have mining fever when the software tripples sol rates in so short of time. 

I hate to repeat myself, but has anyone else noticed that the dev fee varies from 10-90 seconds?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
also considering that V5 was way cooler than v4 and v6 is same as v5, I can't imagine what temps will you get on mining ETH

here are mines
https://i.imgur.com/ClXEHrQ.jpg
still cold until now
http://s12.postimg.org/bghjj09vx/screenshot_9.png
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
v6.0:

- improved speed by about 20-25% (depends on card model). About 180H/s on stock 390.

Claymore,

Suggestion. Can you add a combined folder with ETH miner and Zcash miner and add a switch in the Remote manager? So we can switch from ETH to Z-cash miner and back and forth quickly.

If switch happens , I dont mind paying 2.5% for both ETH and Zcash mining. Great work

Why not go a little further Claymore? bundle both miners into same package, use API to check profitability hourly and switch algo to always mine the most profitable coin (between Ethash and Equihash), must like the Nicehash miner which makes sense but its crap under the hood. We would all spend a lot less time managing miners and switching pools, coins and algo's.........

Difficulty balances itself out between coins on its own.  Claymore writes good miners, not trivial scripts to help the lazy.  Besides, if he made a script like this, it would nullify itself anyway, because the difficulty/price between coins would always be even, since his miners are very popular.  So then in the end you, and him would lose, since it wastes time switching coins.

I get that and agree, in the long term is all equals out. But if we assume that is true, then why are we here mining Equihash and not sticking with Ethash as most people have done over the last 6-9 months?
I think we all have mining fever when the software tripples sol rates in so short of time. 
... then why are we here mining Equihash and not sticking with Ethash as most people have done over the last 6-9 months?
Honestly, you are doing it and asking why? Of course it's because of the profit.
Activity: 378

Short term demand comes before long term averaging.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
v6.0:

Claymore,

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
6xR9 380 periodically resets GPU0 speed, and the miner errors appear non-existent cards, with which it can be connected?

It's a bug, will be fixed in next update. Divide card number by 2.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
6xR9 380 periodically resets GPU0 speed, and the miner errors appear non-existent cards, with which it can be connected?

I can confirm that bug. Plus i got an issue when all 4 GPU working with 100 % Load according Trixx info but one is 0 hash\s.

Pool sets new share target: 0x000f612a (diff: 4261H)
ZEC: 11/16/16-22:49:05 - New job from zec.suprnova.cc:2142
ZEC - Total Speed: 374.150 H/s, Total Shares: 204, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:30
ZEC: GPU0 102.007 H/s, GPU1 134.362 H/s, GPU2 0.000 H/s, GPU3 137.781 H/s
ZEC: 11/16/16-22:49:13 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
ZEC: Share accepted (63 ms)!

It happens after some time of mining

copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
Good Job Man!!!!!
windows screen capture
How are you keeping your temps that low, my 390x sits at 93c Sad

here are mines

still cold until now
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

http://c2n.me/3Eu6hsK.jpg

Claymore miner uses two thread for each GPU. So when it shows GPU 8 or 9 is crashed, you divide that by two, that is GPU 4. It is confirmed by the 0 hash rate of GPU 4 in the picture.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
For everybody with 380, you can try these bios's which were optimized for ETH.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/custom-r9-380-bios-for-23-24mhs-1620733

I don't have a 380 so no idea if it will do anything.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

GPU 4 crashed, since its 0 H/S. Look at your speeds.
Jump to: