Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 557. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
@Claymore, could you please make some adjustments to your ethmon monitoring software?

Since moving to zec mining, the only units i've been able to use is KH/s and MH/s.  While this may not seem like a bad thing, there is a problem.  Let me explain.

When one of my GPUs crashes and is mining at 0H/s, the rest of the rig is still running.  The problem is that when I set my target hash rate, it doesn't warn me if i've lost a GPU because of the units used.  

Could you add an H/s unit to the software, so that it can warn me if theres a 50H+ difference in the rig's total hash rate?

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 31
Hi there, after returning from zcash to eth I get "OpenCL error -4 (0) - cannot create DAG on GPU" for all 2G gpus - restart, power off - nothing helps - any idea someone?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
maybe it would be better if claymore release two versions of the miner..

1.  best hash per watt ratio for efficiency

2. the best hash a card can get, without considering the power consumption

some people have cheap electricity, they can benefit from no. 2...the other miners would benefit from no. 1
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I didn't realize that the software allows remote upload of the configuration file in the default configuration... Ouch.
I have set the port to read only and changed it to a different number.

It may be a good idea to advise users in the next version of the readme file that such an exploit exists...

Thanks,

Ok, I'll add a warning in next update, in both readme and miner itself.

The majority of people will never use it and since it doesn't have any type of authentication, isn't it better to have it turned off by default?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I didn't realize that the software allows remote upload of the configuration file in the default configuration... Ouch.

It may be a good idea to advise users in the next version of the readme file that such an exploit exists...

Thanks,

Ok, I'll add a warning in next update, in both readme and miner itself.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Fix the config file
one per line and not all in the same line
Activity: 189
Hello and thank for your work,

I have two rigs with claymore v6, 385+h/s each = 770 H/s
DevFee 2.5 then average hashrate must be 770x0.95 = 750 but 6h average on pools is about 706 H/s

We are loosing 5% in devefee process or in some place. (v.6 shows 0 rejected on both rigs, great job!!)

Similar with claymore v5 and other pools (tried zcash nicehash and nanopool)
Maybe you can fix or it.
Thank you

Same here. Got two rigs with ~850 sol/s rate . But on nanopool its reporting ~780 within 12 hrs. And that was noticed long ago. Dont know why is that. Any ideas ?

0 reject.

BR.

yeah something is def up with the reported hash rates

Well, anyone who cares.... worked for 24+ hr. on flypool , from actual 720 sol/s from rig - minus devfee (2.5%) =  702 sol/s . That is real close to what i see on site ( 685 sol/s)
Activity: 27

Thanks,
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hey Claymore,
Discovered a disturbing issue with one of my machines. It has happened twice now - at first I thought it was a glitch.
My config file appears to have been over-written remotely - only the t address has been replaced to allow mining to a different address.
I don't believe that is your development fee ;-)
Here is the address in question on http://zcash.flypool.org/: t1LkBCiHBkoKocxEDrQXTnhWo1TuhVhys9J
Only one of my systems is exposed and the issue (exploit?) has happened on that one only.
From the log:
23:45:58:250   20d0   Remote management: file config.txt was downloaded
23:45:58:250   20d0   srv bs: 0
23:45:58:250   20d0   sent: 40
23:46:00:849   2528   recv: 50
23:46:00:849   2528   srv pck: 49
23:46:00:865   2528   Remote management required restart
23:46:01:917   2528   Restarting OK, exit...
Do we have a sneaky attacker using a way to mine for himself /herself ?
Tell me I am not going crazy here. I need to secure it.

It's a good idea to read Readme and use "-mport 0" or at least "-mport -3333" if you think that you can be attacked via remote management port.
Activity: 123

Earnings fell to ZEC, 7 version  of miners urgently need )

I  totally completely absolutely definitely AGREE WITH YOU MY FRIEND!

Grin
Activity: 236
6xR9 380 periodically resets GPU0 speed, and the miner errors appear non-existent cards, with which it can be connected?

It's a bug, will be fixed in next update. Divide card number by 2.

How soon will be next update ?

Do you want more speed?

I got 4x480 on some of my rigs and one GPU shows 0 but with load 100% and heat. This is not so good, right ? I guess everyone wants more speed or what do you mean ?

1. It's strange and can be related to some hardware problem.
2. You will be surprised, but not all people want more speed, though it puts CPU botnets to nowhere.
optimate 75->85% power usage current ZECminer  Roll Eyes
Activity: 211

Earnings fell to ZEC, 7 version  of miners urgently need )
Activity: 27
Hey Claymore,

Discovered a disturbing issue with one of my machines. It has happened twice now - at first I thought it was a glitch.
My config file appears to have been over-written remotely - only the t address has been replaced to allow mining to a different address.
I don't believe that is your development fee ;-)

Here is the address in question on http://zcash.flypool.org/: t1LkBCiHBkoKocxEDrQXTnhWo1TuhVhys9J

Only one of my systems is exposed and the issue (exploit?) has happened on that one only.

From the log:

23:45:58:250   20d0   Remote management: file config.txt was downloaded
23:45:58:250   20d0   srv bs: 0
23:45:58:250   20d0   sent: 40

23:46:00:849   2528   recv: 50
23:46:00:849   2528   srv pck: 49
23:46:00:865   2528   Remote management required restart

23:46:01:917   2528   Restarting OK, exit...

Do we have a sneaky attacker using a way to mine for himself /herself ?

Tell me I am not going crazy here. I need to secure it.

Activity: 347
Merit: 255
I have removed my ether strapped bios from my cards since Claymore 5 release as I will tune my cards when I no more what best settings will be,with each new release cards are under more stress and I believe using ether mods will not be best for zcash mining,I am getting 159 to 164H/s with my 480 8G nitros  and same with my xfx 480 8G GTR but the xfx run  cooler in same conditions,xfx are just great with cooling,all have Samsung memory and -60 core with 1340 clocks memory 2100 I believe power usage will be around same as what ether is when cards are maxed out and miner is optimised
Activity: 7
Activity: 174
tnx, but i cannot to connect? I received messages pool removed from list

http://prntscr.com/d8bx3k

coinmine.pl

http://prntscr.com/d8bxho

is this okey or?

-zpool zec.coinmine.pl:7007 -zwal markosvaba.markosvaba -zpsw "mypassword"
At coinmine site you have not enter a password to your worker put an x
when you execute the miner use also
-allpools 1
Activity: 123
Measure time between "DevFee: start mining" and "DevFee: stop mining and disconnect" strings. It's always 90sec.
I do this every time the purple text appears since 2 days. Maybe I interpret something wrong. You are the "boss" (and a very good one).

Ok I'll make these lines purple too so you can see it.

Do you want more speed?
[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY YESSS!!!

maybe some other people dont want more speed..it's no problem... for them, they can use the versions with less speed (previous versions) ... don't worry about them man..

you have a great talent in this field. USE IT!
Activity: 7
tnx, but i cannot to connect? I received messages pool removed from list

http://prntscr.com/d8bx3k

coinmine.pl

http://prntscr.com/d8bxho

is this okey or?

-zpool zec.coinmine.pl:7007 -zwal markosvaba.markosvaba -zpsw "mypassword"
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

How i can move to coinmine? what type to config? I create acc on coinmine, i use adress from poloniex or? I create account and work account. How to connect coinmine and poloniex?

I use this:
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec.coinmine.pl:7007 -zwal markosvaba.markosvaba -zpsw "mypassword"

this looks fine and u have to set ur zec address in "my account" - "edit account" and withdraw ur coins once they get confirmed.
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
Good Job Man!!!!!
windows screen capture
How are you keeping your temps that low, my 390x sits at 93c Sad
93 is too high I'm using -tstop on 80
try cleaning them from dust maybe it'll help
also considering that V5 was way cooler than v4 and v6 is same as v5, I can't imagine what temps will you get on mining ETH

here are mines

still cold until now

so jealous of your temps, i only have one 390x the rest are 270x and 280x. will probably remove the blackplate to see if it helps
I have a quite big air vent and windows slightly open and what I observed is which miners are close to window have higher temps then others. I think it's all about dust, I'm going to clean them maybe this weekend so I'll post what will happen next..
air flow is the point..... u must have good room temp to make gpu cold that's all
Jump to: