Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 729. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
gpu-z only shows draw from pcie, which I think for newer cards is mostly memory related

Even so, If I'm getting 35 sols drawing 40w and someone else is getting 50 sols drawing 100w how can that be irrelevant?

You do the math  Grin

PS: I pay for my electric bill!

It's not completely irrelevant. But you absolutely CANNOT accurately use GPUz power draw to compare different cards because they all have different power characteristics. It's only good for doing apples to apples comparisons.

For example, mining Ethereum, I have RX480s that say 70~75w in  GPUz but this relates to more like 120w from the wall. So a 50w difference.

But my 290x, say around 130w in GPUz, but 200w from the wall, that's a 70w difference.

Basically, you have almost no way of telling actual power draw from the wall with GPUz, it's just a guessing game. And power draw from the wall is what actually counts.

And why do you need 2 x 850w PSU to power 6 x RX480? Even mining Ethereum at 180mh/s my 6 x RX480 only pull 810w, from the wall. You certainly don't need it for ZCash, I'm not even pulling 600w from the wall.

Really 600w for 6 480s, thats crazy.....Would 470s be slightly lower?
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
gpu-z only shows draw from pcie, which I think for newer cards is mostly memory related

Even so, If I'm getting 35 sols drawing 40w and someone else is getting 50 sols drawing 100w how can that be irrelevant?

You do the math  Grin

It's not completely irrelevant. But you absolutely CANNOT accurately use GPUz power draw to compare different cards because they all have different power characteristics. It's only good for doing apples to apples comparisons.

For example, mining Ethereum, I have RX480s that say 70~75w in  GPUz but this relates to more like 120w from the wall. So a 50w difference.

But my 290x, say around 130w in GPUz, but 200w from the wall, that's a 70w difference.

Basically, you have almost no way of telling actual power draw from the wall with GPUz, it's just a guessing game. And power draw from the wall is what actually counts.

And why do you need 2 x 850w PSU to power 6 x RX480? Even mining Ethereum at 180mh/s my 6 x RX480 only pull 810w, from the wall. You certainly don't need it for ZCash, I'm not even pulling 600w from the wall.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

But you are not getting 35 s/s from 40w, get a killawatt and you will see your card pull atleast double that from the wall.
Sure, you pay your own electric bill but dont fool people with completely wrong numbers.

I'm not trying to fool anyone! Just sharing my results and settings like so many others have done, ok?
legendary

Hey bro, your settings are awesome....I cant hardly hear the gpus which is great but Im down around 10sol/s....How can I beef it up a little? core or mem speed?

Thanks

Honestly, for ZEC I don't know.

It took long hours of testing to reach this settings. They also work well for ETH.
Activity: 687
Merit: 502

You do the math  Grin

But you are not getting 35 s/s from 40w, get a killawatt and you will see your card pull atleast double that from the wall.
Sure, you pay your own electric bill but dont fool people with completely wrong numbers.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
For anyone interested
http://i64.tinypic.com/14x2kwy.png  (6950, 6970, 6990 hash rates)

heh, thanks for those numbers. was just about to head down to the basement rig and drop my old 6870 in just to see what it could pull. guess i neednt bother now. although at some point i might try it just for the lulz but no hurry now. be cool just to see it hashing again, ran it during  the gpu bitcoin days.
legendary

You do the math  Grin

Hey bro, your settings are awesome....I cant hardly hear the gpus which is great but Im down around 10sol/s....How can I beef it up a little? core or mem speed?

Also, how do I add my wallet as backup to mine too in case a pool goes down?

Thanks
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

You do the math  Grin

cards do not draw 100 watts from the pcie slot. so when you add your 40 watts from pcie slot to the draw from the 6 pin it probably is around an 85 watt sum.
legendary

You do the math  Grin

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Activity: 687
Merit: 502

What gpu-z are reporting is irrelevant.
That number is what the gpu onboard your card are pulling, not all the rest.

It's not irrelevant, it's just not a real figure as those measured at the wall.

I've mined with 270x, 7950, 7850, 7970, and I know what I'm talking about!

Old cards are very inefficient. That's a fact!

Besides being noisy and generating a lot of heat.

GPU-Z readings are a good way to compare efficiency between different cards, or different setting for the same card.

Therefore, they're not irrelevant. In fact, they are very useful  Grin
It is irrelevant because it simply aint any where near the real powerdraw.
legendary
omg, there is limit on google disk, rediculus. i cant download claymore Sad if somebody can share another claymore link i'll be glad Smiley

mega?
legendary

Nice man.

The above config file, can I put it into my start.bat file? Same thing?

No man, that's the config.txt file

This is my start.bat:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
start /high ZecMiner64.exe

Ok, going to get that done now.

Thanks for the help. Can I bump up any of those numbers if I have the 8gb card?
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
omg, there is limit on google disk, rediculus. i cant download claymore Sad if somebody can share another claymore link i'll be glad Smiley
legendary

Nice man.

No man, that's the config.txt file

This is my start.bat:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
start /high ZecMiner64.exe
legendary

How many sol/s are you getting with that and how many watts, psu?

Thanks dude, appreciate it...

I'm getting ~210 sols out of each of my two rigs, each with 6x480.

Each rig has 2x850W PSU. Both PSUs are cool and quiet...  Grin

My GPU's are actually mining part of the time without even turning the fan on!

I love it!

Nice man.

legendary
legendary

How many sol/s are you getting with that and how many watts, psu?

Thanks dude, appreciate it...

I'm getting ~210 sols out of each of my two rigs, each with 6x480.

Each rig has 2x850W PSU. Both PSUs are cool and quiet...  Grin

My GPU's are actually mining part of the time without even turning the fan on!

I love it!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
HD7950=RX480 with 50 h/s
OMG!
Yap  Grin it's great .. the only problem is that 7950 consume a little bit more then RX480 (  from what I saw , one 7950 consume ~ 270 w)

a bit more?Huh

I'm getting ~35 sols out of my RX 480 4GB consuming less than 40 watt!!!

No heat, no noise, no GPU stress!

That's efficiency!

Using what rom?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
For anyone interested

Jump to: