Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin - page 38. (Read 72233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
If possible, please confirm that I can do episode 60, as I would like to start right away.  Would not like to finish it, only to find out that it was given to somebody else.  

I recommend choosing one between 1-9, 60 is reserved  Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If possible, please confirm that I can do episode 60, as I would like to start right away.  Would not like to finish it, only to find out that it was given to somebody else. 
Activity: 84
Episode 60 please?  I will try and finish this as fast as possible.  Will work hard Cheesy

EDIT:  Episode 60 is here  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e60-everything-old-is-new-again/#.Uo3-puLvCzU
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Good to hear you are ok Kluge!

I'll have my transcription ready by friday (hopefully sooner). Had a really busy weekend so I didn't get much done. I have 18 minutes left.
legendary
Reserve Ep 59 please!

Episode 59 was already reserved. The list just hasn't been updated in the OP.
Activity: 112
Reserve Ep 59 please!
legendary
Can I request payment for episode 18 here, 1DevinSa2vzxQwbubSMMVeeYv99yn7LSwT instead of the address listed previously?

Thanks.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.

Right, Episode 59 is available, the payment is 0.15BTC and you have two weeks to complete the transcription, and if you need more time you can extend your reservation Smiley

awesome !
commencing analysis...
legendary
I wanna try a new rule to see if it can improve readability in transcripts. I think it might lead to more consistent decisions on new vs. compound sentences. If it ends up causing problems, I'll just fix it in proofreading.

From now on, if a sentence starts with a conjunction ("so," "and," "but," etc) in audio, always remove it on the transcript. If the sentence doesn't make sense without that conjunction, you should transcribe the pause as a compound sentence (... with the conjunction, so like this).

(if you've already started in on a transcript, don't change what you're doing until/unless you work on a new transcript.)

That's good to know for future transcripts.
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
I hope Kluge is alright  Undecided

Yeah, me too. Saw the whole thing on the news.... Looked pretty bad :S
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I wanna try a new rule to see if it can improve readability in transcripts. I think it might lead to more consistent decisions on new vs. compound sentences. If it ends up causing problems, I'll just fix it in proofreading.

From now on, if a sentence starts with a conjunction ("so," "and," "but," etc) in audio, always remove it on the transcript. If the sentence doesn't make sense without that conjunction, you should transcribe the pause as a compound sentence (... with the conjunction, so like this).

(if you've already started in on a transcript, don't change what you're doing until/unless you work on a new transcript.)

ETA: this replaces "*Please start sentences beginning with a conjunction with a hyphen. -So, this way, you aren't as tempted to create a 500-word run-on sentence. Ideally, just leave the conjunction out, but I understand it's hard to ignore words when transcribing."
legendary
Umm... I think I only just caught this. How often is Andreas talking near a chicken coop? In e14, ~33m in, it's very clear he's next to a bunch of chickens. It just gave me this image where he's walking around in a coop, talking about virtual currencies with a headset on, and I had to pause the audio because I couldn't stop laughing. Cheesy

LOL, Andreas, is awesome.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Umm... I think I only just caught this. How often is Andreas talking near a chicken coop? In e14, ~33m in, it's very clear he's next to a bunch of chickens. It just gave me this image where he's walking around in a coop, talking about virtual currencies with a headset on, and I had to pause the audio because I couldn't stop laughing. Cheesy
legendary
i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.

Right, Episode 59 is available, the payment is 0.15BTC and you have two weeks to complete the transcription, and if you need more time you can extend your reservation Smiley
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
I hope Kluge is alright  Undecided
Last I checked, he was. Power outages for the rest of the week, though Roll Eyes
Awesomely enough, power came back late last night. I called the electric company after hearing a Friday estimate on the radio and they told me to not expect electricity until Saturday.

Unfortunately, we started cooking all the meats in the freezer since we were expecting it to rot. Couldn't light oven without taking it apart, so boiled a whole turkey. Was like chewing a roll of tape. Angry

Only fatality was a "barn kitten" which froze to death in a flower pot after being too stubborn to leave his favorite sleeping spot when the sheeting over the tiny greenhouse was shred apart by the wind. Daughter's staying with her grandma today. Should be able to get through all the unpaid transcripts and a few extras today. (.odt in .zip is fine, btw)

Wow sounds pretty bad. I hope things getter better soon.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Only fatality was a "barn kitten" which froze to death
Cry

Organizational update, I'll remove unfinished reservations with date 2013-11-04 tomorrow.

Please extend my reservation of episodes 13 and 15 for another 2 weeks. If that is not possible then please allow me to reserve just episode 15 for a further 2 weeks.
Sure.

If you don't hear from cbhelp would you allow me to reserve one or two of those episodes after I finish this one?
Absolutely.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
put me down for #19, I'll see if I can find time to do it..
OK, it's like half way done.  I still have 5 days or so, eh?   Grin

It's a lot slower w/o a foot pedal
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
Chilling out in the basement safe room. Power's out in all of Bumfucksville. One of those nice ones which make it obvious how neglected the infrastructure here is, where the power's still delivered to the house, but in wildly fluctuating amounts which damage electronics until you shut off the breaker. So... assuming we aren't sucked up by a tornado, the house doesn't catch fire, and isn't blown apart - back "soon!"  Roll Eyes

Good luck with that man :S

My transcript will take a few days longer. It'll be done somewhere next week. Was planning on getting a lot of it done yesterday, but something came up Sad
legendary
I hope Kluge is alright  Undecided
Last I checked, he was. Power outages for the rest of the week, though Roll Eyes
Awesomely enough, power came back late last night. I called the electric company after hearing a Friday estimate on the radio and they told me to not expect electricity until Saturday.

Unfortunately, we started cooking all the meats in the freezer since we were expecting it to rot. Couldn't light oven without taking it apart, so boiled a whole turkey. Was like chewing a roll of tape. Angry

Only fatality was a "barn kitten" which froze to death in a flower pot after being too stubborn to leave his favorite sleeping spot when the sheeting over the tiny greenhouse was shred apart by the wind. Daughter's staying with her grandma today. Should be able to get through all the unpaid transcripts and a few extras today. (.odt in .zip is fine, btw)

I live in Florida so storms are pretty regular over here. Glad you're alright.
Pages:
Jump to: