Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin - page 37. (Read 72233 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hello,

I'd like to reserve E49-Disruptive People, please.

Edit: Just saw that someone had already reserved that episode, it's just not updated in the main list.  Does anyone have E09 – Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff?
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Also, Abdussamad, I'm unsure about e12, you're still working on that one?
Oh I completely forgot about that one. I have two eps 13 and 15 reserved and I don't want to hold anyone back so no. I can always reserve more if I need to.
No problem, removed it for the moment Wink
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
Cleaning up now.
Episode reservations that are "past due" are marked R NAME YYYY-MM-DD now, before I will remove them a few days later.

Oh I completely forgot about that one. I have two eps 13 and 15 reserved and I don't want to hold anyone back so no. I can always reserve more if I need to.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Just so everyone knows, I have adopted episode 37 of LTB.
Added.

Also, removed old reservations.

Woah, there's a ton available.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Added.

Also, removed old reservations.
legendary
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Bit OT: Could someone give me the name of a web service which'll accept an http link, download it, then host it for me?
(or if Adam/Crystal could give me FTP access, that'd be cool -- I'm currently VPS-less)

The vast majority of my time "proofreading" is actually spent stopping and restarting the audio download from Soundcloud because they don't support resume and are particularly quick to time out a connection (my connection isn't reliable, so I can only download 1-2 per day, sometimes none).

Y'know, you're downloading a 41MB file @ a rate of 4.1kb/s, and an hour in, you have to restart. Frustrating, put mildly.  Cheesy
legendary
E37 - Meeting Mastercoin is up for adoption, my transcript is currently about 3/4 complete, PM me if you're interested and I'll work something out with ya. Tongue

Why not just finish it? Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
E37 - Meeting Mastercoin is up for adoption, my transcript is currently about 3/4 complete, PM me if you're interested and I'll work something out with ya. Tongue
legendary
@qwk, going to have a ton of free time next week. I'll make revisions to my first episode as well as work on the ones I've reserved.  Smiley
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Re-reserve episodes 45 and 10 for me please Smiley
I am half way through 45 and not yet started episode 10.
I'm re-reserving 45 for the moment, since you haven't even started with 10. I think that's fair.

Also , is it just me or are the first 10 episodes untranscribed ?
They should get first priority o.o
They had been reserved but not been worked on, obviously, that's why they're free again.

Hey, I would definitely like to give this a try! Can you reserve episode 1 for me?
Done.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hey, I would definitely like to give this a try! Can you reserve episode 1 for me?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Also , is it just me or are the first 10 episodes untranscribed ?
They should get first priority o.o
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Re-reserve episodes 45 and 10 for me please Smiley
I am half way through 45 and not yet started episode 10.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I wanna try a new rule to see if it can improve readability in transcripts. I think it might lead to more consistent decisions on new vs. compound sentences. If it ends up causing problems, I'll just fix it in proofreading.

From now on, if a sentence starts with a conjunction ("so," "and," "but," etc) in audio, always remove it on the transcript. If the sentence doesn't make sense without that conjunction, you should transcribe the pause as a compound sentence (... with the conjunction, so like this).

(if you've already started in on a transcript, don't change what you're doing until/unless you work on a new transcript.)

ETA: this replaces "*Please start sentences beginning with a conjunction with a hyphen. -So, this way, you aren't as tempted to create a 500-word run-on sentence. Ideally, just leave the conjunction out, but I understand it's hard to ignore words when transcribing."
I'm trying hard, but I hardly understand Wink
If a speaker in the audio begins a sentence with "so", "and", "but" etc., this word should be left out of the transcript?
Trying to give a (made-up) example here:

Audio: "...pause...so, basically, I'm trying to say ..."
Transcript: "Basically, I'm trying to say ..."

Right?
Yeah. Other part of the rule would be:

Audio: "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream *pause* and won't stop."
Sometimes in transcriptions, it's written: "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream. And won't stop."
With the never-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction rule, it has to be written as (if wrong): "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream. Won't stop."

I'm hoping that'll encourage this in the transcript: "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream and won't stop." - or with a comma between "cream" and "and."
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Cleaning up now.
Episode reservations that are "past due" are marked R NAME YYYY-MM-DD now, before I will remove them a few days later.

I'll also add a new rule to this bounty:
New episodes (any episode after e60) may only be reserved by users who have previously successfully transcribed an episode, with Kluge being happy with the proofreading. Also, reservations for those new episodes will only be possible for one week instead of two.
Reservation for those new episodes will no longer be automatic by posting in this thread, but will have to be confirmed by either me, Kluge or mindtomatter.

We're slowly getting closer to catching up with the transcription effort and I want to make sure that in the future, episodes will be transcribed quickly after being aired.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
That's awesome.  I'll try have it done ASAP.  I've never done a transcript before, but I'll do my best.  Should turn out just fine though, don't let this post scare you Cheesy  I'll try follow the established format.
legendary
Episode: 14
Link to transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep14.odt_.zip
Address: 1ESgjWdFSosUbEzfjY9gbqGVreUuqjFoba
Episode: 11
Transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep11.odt_.zip
Address: 19YQWsbDsGfUKvMUpN3j43wJ63frdybyT6
Please extend my reservation of episodes 13 and 15 for another 2 weeks.

i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.
✔ Please make sure that you get the spelling right, though. It's "I'm", not "i`m", for example. In the transcriptions, such tiny errors make a lot of work for the proofreading process.

Can I request payment for episode 18 here, 1DevinSa2vzxQwbubSMMVeeYv99yn7LSwT instead of the address listed previously?
✔ I hope to remember that Wink

Episode 60 please?  I will try and finish this as fast as possible.

Episode 60 is reserved. 1-9 are available.
Did I miss something? Anybody reserved e60 before?

Just kidding, just noticed the person who just reserved 60 was the person on the list Cheesy
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
I wanna try a new rule to see if it can improve readability in transcripts. I think it might lead to more consistent decisions on new vs. compound sentences. If it ends up causing problems, I'll just fix it in proofreading.

From now on, if a sentence starts with a conjunction ("so," "and," "but," etc) in audio, always remove it on the transcript. If the sentence doesn't make sense without that conjunction, you should transcribe the pause as a compound sentence (... with the conjunction, so like this).

(if you've already started in on a transcript, don't change what you're doing until/unless you work on a new transcript.)

ETA: this replaces "*Please start sentences beginning with a conjunction with a hyphen. -So, this way, you aren't as tempted to create a 500-word run-on sentence. Ideally, just leave the conjunction out, but I understand it's hard to ignore words when transcribing."
I'm trying hard, but I hardly understand Wink
If a speaker in the audio begins a sentence with "so", "and", "but" etc., this word should be left out of the transcript?
Trying to give a (made-up) example here:

Audio: "...pause...so, basically, I'm trying to say ..."
Transcript: "Basically, I'm trying to say ..."

Right?
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Episode: 14
Link to transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep14.odt_.zip
Address: 1ESgjWdFSosUbEzfjY9gbqGVreUuqjFoba
Episode: 11
Transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep11.odt_.zip
Address: 19YQWsbDsGfUKvMUpN3j43wJ63frdybyT6
Please extend my reservation of episodes 13 and 15 for another 2 weeks.

i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.
✔ Please make sure that you get the spelling right, though. It's "I'm", not "i`m", for example. In the transcriptions, such tiny errors make a lot of work for the proofreading process.

Can I request payment for episode 18 here, 1DevinSa2vzxQwbubSMMVeeYv99yn7LSwT instead of the address listed previously?
✔ I hope to remember that Wink

Episode 60 please?  I will try and finish this as fast as possible.

Episode 60 is reserved. 1-9 are available.
Did I miss something? Anybody reserved e60 before?
Pages:
Jump to: