Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin - page 43. (Read 72233 times)

qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Episodes are proofread by Kluge before the bounty is paid.
Please check your transcripts against these guidelines below to make it as easy for him as possible.

Formatting guide lines:
Formatting's the biggest time-waster, because someone else takes the time to format something "wrong," and then I erase all that and redo it. This's why it'd be most time-efficient, I think, to have one guy do it all, but it's also reasonable to make it a team-effort for the huge backlog.

*TRANSCRIBE THE ADS!
*If you're new, please check finished transcripts for an idea on preferred style and formatting.
*"Bitcoin" is often not a proper noun, and "bitcoins" almost never is. If you're talking about Bitcoin, it is, but if you're talking about a bitcoin or bitcoins, it isn't.
*Start the transcript with a list of participants. For example,
Code:
Participants:
Adam B. Levine (AL) – Host
Andreas M. Antonopolous (AA) – Co-host
Stephany Murphy (SM) – Co-host
Asher Tan (AT) – Co-founder/CEO coinjar.io
Ryan Zhou (RZ, AKA “zhoutong”) – Co-founder/COO coinjar.io
*In the above formatting, note how they all have two-letter acronyms in parentheses. Use these two letters to show who is speaking (including the host). For example, SM: I received an email from a listener [blah blah blah]. Using their first name is also fine, so long as you are consistent. Feel free to introduce other styling or formatting changes so long as they increase readability and are consistent throughout the entire transcript.
*It would be preferable for you to take the time to look up proper names instead of having me do it. You can usually just type the whatever's name into Google followed by "bitcoin." Google will often either confirm your guess or give you the correct spelling if you aren't way off.
*"Find-and-replace" is often being misused. Please think about all the words or names it may be replacing before using it. After using it, do a "find" on the replaced word to make sure you haven't unintentionally changed a bunch of words throughout the transcript.
*If you add timestamps (which is awesome), please only add a timestamp after a speaker has fully finished speaking and it goes on to a new speaker. Please also have the timestamp be accurate for where it is in the transcript, which should be exactly after the previous speaker FINISHED (not started) speaking.
*Ideally, upload your files to Scribd in .odt or .doc format (.odt preferred). Scribd does not provide the option to download files which were uploaded in .pdf as .odt unless the file was originally uploaded in one of those document containers.
*Please start sentences beginning with a conjunction with a hyphen. -So, this way, you aren't as tempted to create a 500-word run-on sentence. Ideally, just leave the conjunction out, but I understand it's hard to ignore words when transcribing.
*Please don't skip sections. You'll have to redo them, and it's a huge source of "fail points."
*"Fail points" is a rough measurement of how many errors were in the transcript. Ideally, a transcription should have less than 100 FP. An episode with more than 250 FP is considered really freakin' bad, and I charge qwk a little more for them.  Smiley

Minor grammatical errors (missing punctuation which doesn't affect readability) – .5FP
Misspelling a proper name, without changing how it sounds – 1FP
Omitting/mistranscribing an unnecessary conjunction (or other "insignificant" word) – 1FP
Misspellings – 1FP
Significant formatting error – 2FP
Significant grammatical errors (affects readbility) – 2FP
Misspelling a proper name, changing how it sounds – 2FP
Omitting/mistranscribing a significant word (doesn't change meaning of sentence)- 2FP
Omitting/mistranscribing a significant word (changes meaning of sentence) – 5FP
Omitting a sentence – 10FP
Omitting a paragraph or more (not fixed - transcriber must retranscribe!) – 25FP
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
I'm going to work on 44 and 16 + 17 then.  Grin
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Okay, so I'm finishing up 55, is it possible to do 44 and 16 + 17 as well?
Now I found it  Wink
legendary
Well, did you mistakenly put my name when someone else reserved it? I don't want to have double work done.

EDIT: I do like 30, 31, 36
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Yeah, I checked that, it shows me down for 8 episodes...
Just post which ones you really want to have and I'll delete the rest.
legendary
QWK, which episodes do you have me down for?
Read the fine manual: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3161916

Grin

Yeah, I checked that, it shows me down for 8 episodes...
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Edit: This is deprecated. Please see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-ltb-transcription-project-562541

[this list will be updated as there's progress. Sorry it's on pg 10.]

PR done:
55, 53, 20, 47, 56, 18, 11, 14, 9, 30, 42, 59, 58, 13, 33, 40, 10, 36, 4, 38, 3, 51, 60, 2, 15, 1, 6, 12, 48, 34, 49, 46, 37, 32, 65, 62, 63, 57, 64, 66, 68, 7, 72, 54, 50, 41, 44, 31, 5, 45, 8, 43, 19

Queue
skyered:
Part 2: http://www.scribd.com/doc/193377813/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-Episode-39-Watershed-Starfish-Part-2
16 - https://mega.co.nz/#!14Y0iR6Y!UDHONng8qaLKQ0oFGt5O8yedogIDmZ9M3V4t3zKw-ag

Kluge:
Already-paid work (e21-e29)

Suspended:
66 [Invalid reservation, suspended indefinitely] - http://pastebin.com/7b5ikNsy
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
legendary
QWK, which episodes do you have me down for?
legendary
Added reservation, payment after proofreading, may take a while, we have a lot of episodes to catch up with right now.
Would you like a hand proofreading?
Obviously, you can't proofread your own episodes Wink
And for the rest, Kluge does a really great job, and with only one person proofreading, the standard will be the same for all.
But he's just one man, please give him some time.

Understood.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Added reservation, payment after proofreading, may take a while, we have a lot of episodes to catch up with right now.
Obviously, you can't proofread your own episodes Wink
And for the rest, Kluge does a really great job, and with only one person proofreading, the standard will be the same for all.
But he's just one man, please give him some time.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Can I reserve episode 45 ?
I have asked a friend to help me by doing episode 10 , he types pretty fast and is new to bitcoin Tongue
ie: Reserved episode 10 & 45.
Added.
legendary
Below we have Episode 18 of LetsTalkBitcoin
http://www.scribd.com/doc/183306030/Episode-18-of-Lets-Talk-Bitcoin
1NjgWevCNQ3XbzAmqr2V3tdTxGwozgYPUT

I'd like to reserve episode 31. So, currently I have 30, 31 ,36 reserved.

qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Below we have Episode 18 of LetsTalkBitcoin

I'd like to reserve episode 31. So, currently I have 30, 31 ,36 reserved.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
legendary
Below we have Episode 18 of LetsTalkBitcoin  Grin

Questions and comments are appreciated.

EDIT: I'd like to reserve episode 31. So, currently I have 30, 31 ,36 reserved.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
11 is NOT AVAILABLE.
I reserved eps 10-15 and just a few days ago on the 4th qwk said that the reservation would last 2 more weeks. Anyway if you want 10 you can have it. But 11 is a work in progress.
Sorry, that must have slipped my attention. Added your reservations again, and thanks for "sharing" e10 with jambola2 Wink

Sorry if I came across as rude. I have hired a person to do this episode and that means if I don't get the bounty I have to pay him out of my own pocket.

Haha, I love the arbitrage - good job

I tried convincing two of my friends to type for me , neither of them have time , busy studying for term exams Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
11 is NOT AVAILABLE.
I reserved eps 10-15 and just a few days ago on the 4th qwk said that the reservation would last 2 more weeks. Anyway if you want 10 you can have it. But 11 is a work in progress.
Sorry, that must have slipped my attention. Added your reservations again, and thanks for "sharing" e10 with jambola2 Wink

Sorry if I came across as rude. I have hired a person to do this episode and that means if I don't get the bounty I have to pay him out of my own pocket.

Haha, I love the arbitrage - good job
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Can I reserve episode 45 ?
I have asked a friend to help me by doing episode 10 , he types pretty fast and is new to bitcoin Tongue

ie: Reserved episode 10 & 45.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
11 is NOT AVAILABLE.

Pages:
Jump to: