Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm Miner - $4200 - March 18th, BTC, Wire, Paypal - Last Call - page 2. (Read 12882 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
For now, make sure you keep that unit cool. The units are supposed to be good for 60-90C, but the flashing LCD is a heat warning.

I know it is running cool enough right now.  How can i make the flashing light stop?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
For now, make sure you keep that unit cool. The units are supposed to be good for 60-90C, but the flashing LCD is a heat warning.
Anybody having weirdness with their LCD?  I'm trying to track down a problem, but the vendor is non-responsive at 3am China time.  One unit has an LCD that is blinking Red/White on the LCD, and it's a bit unnnerving.  If anyone has some insight before China wakes up, it'd be appreciated.

I'm having the same issue as well.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I bought 4 units in this group buy and it's been good experience for the most part. Communication has been good. The only problem I have is that one of the blades on one of the units fried and emitted smoke from the case. The unit won't turn on with this blade plugged in. It was very weird. The unit had been running for nearly 24 hours and then I noticed that it wasn't on. So I flipped it off and then flipped it back on and smoke blew out of the machine. I immediately turned it off. No overclocking or tweaking has been done in any way. After unplugging the blade the unit hashes just as it should (750GH).

Another one of my rigs has a blinking LCD red/white, the unit hashes fine, but the LCD problem is a bit of an annoyance.

So basically I have 2 good units and 2 "soso" units.

I have asked Cheshyr to pay me the daily amount that 250GH would make, but that was not an option.

He has paid me $100 out of his own pocket for the time being, so hopefully I will have a replacement blade within the time period of that $100 vs 250GH.

Posting just to keep things transparent.

Thanks Cheshyr.
Anybody having weirdness with their LCD?  I'm trying to track down a problem, but the vendor is non-responsive at 3am China time.  One unit has an LCD that is blinking Red/White on the LCD, and it's a bit unnnerving.  If anyone has some insight before China wakes up, it'd be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
Thanks Cheshyr,

got my units, one spent a night at Seattle's hub, it was tired for the flight, maybe Smiley

Really postive experience.

spiccioli
Activity: 346
Added Trust for you as well Dave. You did a great job.
Trust Added, Thanks for the hard work Dave. 
I appreciate everyone's patience and support during this process.  Despite the warnings in the sticky, you can't really be prepared for the insanity that is a group buy without having done one before.  The added flavor of a 'creative' vendor definitely made for an exciting first group buy.

At this point, all but two shipments have been delivered.  One shipment is being held hostage by Polish customs due to the lack of CE mark on these units, and the other shipment is for MWNinja, which had been squirreled away in Hong Kong customs for reasons unknown.  While I'm not certain if there is anything we can do about the CE requirements, we did manage to chase the other shipment onto a plane earlier today.

I've already started the discussion with the vendor regarding the false advertising.  The units may have delivered the promised 1TH, but there's a big difference between 900W and 1150W.  That said, I don't have high hopes for any sort of positive response.  I'll keep you posted.

Aside from the continuing group buys for these units as they race to the bottom, I have other projects in the works for the future.  Any positive Trust you're willing to leave on my profile would be invaluable.  

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Miner received today.  Just a small case scrape or two where these had been stacked. 

Correct power cord came in the box along with a patch cable.  Chinese miner interface is usable with Google Chrome/Translate.  The blades are v1.2 blades, whatever that means.

These units do auto-start, takes about 90-120 seconds from power on.  This one is hashing stable @ 1.02 Th/s for about 60 mins.  Miner.php reports blade temps of 43-50.  Power draw measured at the PDU is 1100 watts (9.2-9.3A @ 122V).  I'll get a kill-a-watt on it next time I'm over there.

Noise is equivalent to the servers it shares space with - equal to 4 Supermicro 1U servers with the turbines in them.

I'm a little bummed about the power draw, manufacturer obviously pulled a fast one on us with the chip count/clock speed.

Thanks for conducting the buy Cheshyr, I left positive trust for you.  All your efforts are much appreciated. 

If you can get us a partial refund for the not-as-advertised discrepancies, I'll happily drop you a generous tip.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Okay, I've got them up and running right now. Seems the Ethernet port got banged up in shipping and is a little loose. I have it positioned right now where it holds and gets a connection.

Now for the next line of question...

Aren't these things supposed to start mining automatically if the power goes off? I've tried several times to let them just come on and hash, but they don't seem to do that. I have to keep manually pressing Okay button, or whatever that button is, a few times for it to start hashing. I've left it along for more then half an hour, and it doesn't do anything unless I press the button a few times. Anyone know how to set this up, or if it even has that option (I mean, these days they all should right)?

No they do not. You have manually restart them. My programmer guy came up with a automatic solution, but I will have to ask him how to replicate it.

That's odd because my units come right up and hash without any action on my part after a power recycle. One of the setting in the interface screen, which is in Chinese, must control that. I do admit that I was using google translate to try to muddle through the options, so I can't really describe that I did to get this behavior.

That seems to be it- they must have fixed that between batches.
Activity: 742
Okay, I've got them up and running right now. Seems the Ethernet port got banged up in shipping and is a little loose. I have it positioned right now where it holds and gets a connection.

Now for the next line of question...

Aren't these things supposed to start mining automatically if the power goes off? I've tried several times to let them just come on and hash, but they don't seem to do that. I have to keep manually pressing Okay button, or whatever that button is, a few times for it to start hashing. I've left it along for more then half an hour, and it doesn't do anything unless I press the button a few times. Anyone know how to set this up, or if it even has that option (I mean, these days they all should right)?

No they do not. You have manually restart them. My programmer guy came up with a automatic solution, but I will have to ask him how to replicate it.

That's odd because my units come right up and hash without any action on my part after a power recycle. One of the setting in the interface screen, which is in Chinese, must control that. I do admit that I was using google translate to try to muddle through the options, so I can't really describe that I did to get this behavior.
For what it's worth, the 5-module units did perform in the 880-960W range, but the recent changes to the design were rather drastic.  We'll do what we can to support everyone as we appraise the performance and reliability of these unexpected new specs.  If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact me.  

Despite all of my complaints, the units have been stable hashing at ~1TH each for over 12 hours, so I hope they continue to do so.

I did swap out power supplies on the unit that was drawing 1170W because I don't feel good about a 1000W power supply drawing 1170W 24-7.
For what it's worth, the 5-module units did perform in the 880-960W range, but the recent changes to the design were rather drastic.  We'll do what we can to support everyone as we appraise the performance and reliability of these unexpected new specs.  If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact me. 
The rev 1.2 boards appear to draw more power. The mixed rev 1.1 / 1.2 unit only draws ~1050W at the wall, and the all rev 1.2 unit draws ~1170W at the wall.

Wow.... hungry units

Yes, I am very disappointed by the power usage since these units were advertised at 960W at the wall. The vender, lketc, is shady as hell, and I won't be ordering any products from them in the future.

- They switched the number of chips per unit from 40 to 32 without updating product specifications.
- The overclocked units are less efficient and use more power than advertised (actual usage is ~200W higher than advertised).
- They shipped units with 1000W power supplies when the unit draws ~1170W at the wall.
- They shipped overclocked units with mixed rev 1.1 and 1.2 blades. The rev 1.1 blades have a wire soldered from the board to the power cable that looks like it's a voltage hack.

I'm not confident that these units will last long.
The rev 1.2 boards appear to draw more power. The mixed rev 1.1 / 1.2 unit only draws ~1050W at the wall, and the all rev 1.2 unit draws ~1170W at the wall.

Wow.... hungry units
Upon further review, it looks like the shorter blades with 6-pin PCI-E connectors are rev 1.2, and the longer boards with 8-pin CPU connectors are rev 1.1.

One of the units I received has two rev 1.1 boards and 2 1.2 boards, and the other unit contains 4 rev 1.2 boards.

If they die, let us know, and we'll take care of it.  The vendors engineers keep trying to reassure us that despite the discrepancies, the units work fine.  At this point, all I can really say is 'let's find out'. 
There have been reports of high power usage on these units, after the move to 32-chips.  After some badgering, they admitted that the unit can draw up to 1080W in some cases, and that they upgraded the power supplies to accommodate.  If what they claim is true, the included power supplies should be 1200W power supplies, not 1000W power supplies.  So, good news, bad news.

We've run into an issue with customs in Europe.  These units do NOT have a CE certificate.  In this case, a refund is being issued.  I don't think we'll be accepting orders that ship to CE-requiring countries in the future.

I have one unit that draws 1050 watts at the wall (measured using a Killowatt), and another unit that draws 1170 watts at the wall!

Also, both of my units contain 1000W power supplies, so the vender is full of shit. The power supply model number that is included is a Grand GW-EPS1000BTC(90+). I'm not happy about these units containing a 1000W power supply and drawing well over 1000 Watts. Be careful, folks!

The unit that draws 1170W contains 4 blades that have 6 pin PCI-E connections, and the unit that draws 1050W watts contains two blades that have 6 pin PCI-E connections and two longer blades that take 8-pin CPU cables, which is odd. I'm not sure if these units contain a mixture of old and new style blades, but that also makes me a bit nervous considering the over clock. Why does the unit contain two different types of blades?

Here are some other notes:
- The cases were fairly banged up when the units arrived, but they seem to hash ok. One of connections to a blade came out during shipping so I had to plug it back in.
- These units are very loud, which is not a huge issue for me since they are in my basement storage room, but could be an issue for others.
There have been reports of high power usage on these units, after the move to 32-chips.  After some badgering, they admitted that the unit can draw up to 1080W in some cases, and that they upgraded the power supplies to accommodate.  If what they claim is true, the included power supplies should be 1200W power supplies, not 1000W power supplies.  So, good news, bad news.

We've run into an issue with customs in Europe.  These units do NOT have a CE certificate.  In this case, a refund is being issued.  I don't think we'll be accepting orders that ship to CE-requiring countries in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: