Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm Miner - $4200 - March 18th, BTC, Wire, Paypal - Last Call - page 5. (Read 12882 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
5 shipments have been received by US Customs.  2 have left Hong Kong and are en route to their specific country.  6 are still in Hong Kong customs for some reason.
Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
Once it makes it out of hong kong it is usually 2-3 days.  Hell if it reported leaving and customs in the US on Saturday (and passes through) you may even have it by Monday.  I have had this happen before.

There are 2 GB's of these machines that the factory sent out at the same time and of course HK customs is overwhelmed.  I just do not like DHL for other reasons (even if cost is more for FedEx/UPS) years and years ago they brought out their special teams and managed to kick a 42 yard field goal with a car part to our front door.  All we heard was a thud.  Thankfully part was metal, but recently most of my DHL things have been ok when they come in.  I just prefer Fedex and UPS because I do have tracking and delivery notifications setup for me.  Plus autosign for package, etc.
Yup. Same.

I don't have a response to your question regarding ship date and arrival date.  I've provided best estimates and email updates within an hour of having them myself.  

edit:  DHL is what we had, and DHL is what we have always posted as intended shipping method.  We've had other poeple ask if we could use another carrier if they were cheaper, but in all cases they were more expensive.  Next group buy, I'll pass on the extra $100 to you guys, and use UPS or Fedex instead.

edit 2:  It's only the 22nd.  There's still a very good chance it'll arrive on the 25th or 26th.  I understand the annoyance with the DHL reporting system, but 3 days from Hong Kong to Eastern US is not uncommon in my experience.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
And if they don't arrive before the guaranteed ship date?

It's DHL that's why. Someone from another group buy shipped me something Fedex earlier today (EST time) and it will be here Monday....

Quite annoyed...
I followed up on the shipping updates...  Hong Kong customs is seriously backlogged.  Once they clear customs in Hong Kong, they should arrive pretty quickly.
DHL Tracking is claiming the units were picked up this morning.  We gave them the units by the end of day March 20th, so I'm not entirely certain what's going on.  I'm in the process of following up now.
Are they giving you any spare boards for RMA issues? Or do we need to deal with them?
As mentioned early in the thread, we're making arrangements to have spare parts available in the US, so you don't have to go back to China.
Activity: 346
Are they giving you any spare boards for RMA issues? Or do we need to deal with them?
Recent information has made me believe these aren't knock offs or fakes. There is a warranty, so I don't think you need to worry.

We all would have been more comfortable with the 40 chip units. This is what the vendor decided to ship after taking our money. We're going to do our best to take care of everyone, despite the incidentals of this group buy.

I just thought about something, Dave, the miner you had was the 40 chip version, which was not OC but these newer units are the OC 32 chip version. What guarantee do we have these will survive the long haul?

From what I know, these are the "imitation/fake/knockoff" A1 chips these machines are running, and now they are overclocked. I don't feel too good about the longevity of these machines. I hope these will at least run 7-8 months without issue. I would've felt more comfortable with the 40 chips at lower clocks not pushing things close to the limit.
I just thought about something, Dave, the miner you had was the 40 chip version, which was not OC but these newer units are the OC 32 chip version. What guarantee do we have these will survive the long haul?

From what I know, these are the "imitation/fake/knockoff" A1 chips these machines are running, and now they are overclocked. I don't feel too good about the longevity of these machines. I hope these will at least run 7-8 months without issue. I would've felt more comfortable with the 40 chips at lower clocks not pushing things close to the limit.
It's my understanding that DHL out of China can sometimes take a little time before the status updates, even after the package has shipped.  All items have shipped.

I just got the rest of the tracking numbers about 5 minutes ago; emails going out now.
Hey quick question Dave,

I got the tracking numbers you sent this morning, but it still only shows shipment information received. Do you know if it's physically been shipped yet? I know it's a stretch of a question, just wanted to ask in case you got info on it.
Not a problem.  Not trying to be coy with the updates, but if I have nothing to say, I'm not going you waste everyone's time with filler.  Also, most of you don't care how it gets done as long as it gets done right and on time, so I try to limit the play-by-play to things that are relevant.

I'm still not entirely clear if the factory started shipping on the 19th or 20th, but about 45 minutes ago I was told our entire order was out the door by the end of day in China on the 20th.  Everyone should be getting US power cords instead of China power cords; I purchased and shipped most of them myself via Fedex about an hour ago.  I think we're still on time for a March 25-26 delivery date, as was posted in the Op, despite the delays.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Almost 8am the 21st in China.  Any chance on an update?  1 day delay was expected, now we're knocking on the 3rd days door. 
The units shipped; the tracking info is slightly delayed. You'll have it as soon as I do. There were some complications with incorrect power cords that made the process a little messy. Some of you will be receiving your power cords directly from me on Monday.

Thanks for the update chief.  Silence is scary.  When my power goes out, and all my btc miner stop hashing......(sounds like the start of a horror story..Tongue)
Almost 8am the 21st in China.  Any chance on an update?  1 day delay was expected, now we're knocking on the 3rd days door. 
The units shipped; the tracking info is slightly delayed. You'll have it as soon as I do. There were some complications with incorrect power cords that made the process a little messy. Some of you will be receiving your power cords directly from me on Monday.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Got my tracking today.

Thanks Dave

Some DHL tracking numbers have gone out. Still pestering them for the rest; will send as soon as I receive them.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
It's almost the 21st in China.  Really hoping they shipped today!

+1
It's almost the 21st in China.  Really hoping they shipped today!
Pages:
Jump to: