Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm Miner - $4200 - March 18th, BTC, Wire, Paypal - Last Call - page 7. (Read 12882 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Thank you!  Did you lose any dragons while tweaking them?

No units, but 2 blades.
...and you´re welcome guys  Smiley

Any luck getting single blades to replace them?  

From the photos I'm seeing around, it looks like the mining controller will handle 6 blades, so if there's a way to get extras that might be helpful to those of us who will be receiving 32-chip miners.

The 32 chip version is 4 blades. The MCU can handle 8 units, only ports for 6, together with the pi.
I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin

I wasn't thinking warranty, I was thinking more along the lines of buying another card or two and upping the power to get 1.2-1.4 TH/s.

Fully doable, just connect the blade/blades to the MCU and power (If you got the 2x650w version just plug in PCI-E connector/connectors) and lay it/them down on the plexi glas area. Runs a little bit hotter then the other blades, like 2-3 degrees. 32 chip version + extra blade/blades = Adjust clock setting to 850Mhz to be on the safe side.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Thank you!  Did you lose any dragons while tweaking them?

No units, but 2 blades.
...and you´re welcome guys  Smiley

From the photos I'm seeing around, it looks like the mining controller will handle 6 blades, so if there's a way to get extras that might be helpful to those of us who will be receiving 32-chip miners.

The 32 chip version is 4 blades. The MCU can handle 8 units, only ports for 6, together with the pi.
I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin

I wasn't thinking warranty, I was thinking more along the lines of buying another card or two and upping the power to get 1.2-1.4 TH/s.

No units, but 2 blades.

I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin
Activity: 539

No units, but 2 blades.

No units, but 2 blades.

You lost 2 blades?  So your hash rate is less now?  So it is risky to overclock the unit then.

Yeah, but no worries i got spares  Grin
Keep the clocking on 850Mhz and the only thing you need to worry about is the PSU if you got the 1x1000w PSU modell.
Or just disconnect a PCI-E cable from 1 blade and connect another PSU to the blade.

If you got the 2x650w modell there´s nothing to worry about  Cool
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

No units, but 2 blades.

You lost 2 blades?  So your hash rate is less now?  So it is risky to overclock the unit then.

No units, but 2 blades.
Activity: 72
Thanks for the guide JD!  Wish we were getting the 40 chip version..Sad
I got a unit before this batch with 5 modules.  How do I overclock it?
I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

1.2Th is impossible and the reason why you got no instructions on how to overclock the Dragon units is because it will go up in smoke if you push it (Cheap-ass components)

This is on your own risk: (aka hardcore miner mode)

How to overclock a Dragon 1Th unit:

Turn it off, then on again.
SSH into the pi
Locate the CGminer folder
Create a .sh , name it to whatever you want (nano Overclock.sh  <-- just a example)
Add:

Code:
sudo ./cgminer -o "1" -u 2 -p bac --no-submit-stale --tempCut 70 --real-quiet --queue 1 --cs 9 --stmcu 0 --diff 5 --api-listen --api-network --A1Pll 800

1: Keep the ", add pool adress
2: Wallet or Username, depends on which pool you use
800: Default clocksetting, you can push it to 850Mhz but no more.

Save the file
Now you need to install screen for the pi, to keep the resource running even when you logout of the pi.

Code:
sudo apt-get install screen
screen bash

Now you´re in screen
Locate the CGminer folder
Now you need to run the .sh

Code:
sh Whateveryounamedthefileas.sh

Press CTRL + A + D to close screen
You´re still connected to the pi via SSH.

Code:
Logout

Now you´re not connected to the pi anymore and your Dragon is running the chips in overclocked mode.
Don´t connect to the web frontend! (If you do, you need to start over from step 1 again)
Check your hash status via the pool.

IMPORTANT:

If you got the 32 chip version it´s already clocked to 900Mhz (Instead of more chips they used a little more expensive components to handle the over clock, but saved a bunch of money since the A1 is more expensive). DO NOT EVEN TRY TO OVERCLOCK. Add blades instead.

If you got the 40 chip version you can push it to 850Mhz as long as the unit is in a cold room. The 850Mhz setting makes the Dragon pull 1000-1100 watt, so don´t expect the stock PSU to survive to long (unless you got the 2x650w psu version) but should give you 50-100Ghz more to play with.

If you turn off the unit or experience power outtake, just start screen on the pi and run the .sh again and you´re back on over clocked chips again.

Say thank you and send me a beer here: 1Nm46UJo57NAuwA9XdAoaYQpUk4Phg2Ueu  Grin

EDIT: Thanks for the beer anon! (I like beer, so keep it coming if you feel that this guide helped you to earn some more coins  Grin )

Edit 2: Cleaned the how to up a little. Added some text so now anyone with a little knowledge should be able to over clock.  You can create multiple .sh for different Mhz settings and pools ex Eligius.sh, Bitminter.sh, Ghash.sh and so on.
I got a unit before this batch with 5 modules.  How do I overclock it?
I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

Thank you.  I will try to mess with it once I have the room cool down to 78 degree
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Although I did not get even units already'm not happy :/ it's cheating if they are only 4 modules are to be refunded the money because the units are too expensive especially if you do not go their overclock: (
We can talk via email, phone, or PM.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

I guess the secret to overclocking will arrive with these units. I'll post for 2 btc Cheesy

It is what it is, thanks for the updates and excellent way you've handled this group buy. 
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Although I did not get even units already'm not happy :/ it's cheating if they are only 4 modules are to be refunded the money because the units are too expensive especially if you do not go their overclock: (
Thanks bobsag3.  You're excellent.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net

The instructions I got:

Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Ya, that's borderline fraud. They really should've updated you.

Perhaps they updated your contact in China, and he in-turn forgot to update you?
Nah, we have a few people in china, and they're on the ball.  This guy in particular went way above and beyond to make sure this group buy went smoothly.  We've been in touch with him multiple times a day since the beginning, and we've had a working relationship with him for years.  I gotta lay this at the feet of the vendor.

^

My other source reported the same changes, around the same exact time, so I have to assume it was the vendor.
Im still ok with it- as long as it meets spec Im happy. I will buyout any orders of those who witch to bail Smiley
Ya, that's borderline fraud. They really should've updated you.

Perhaps they updated your contact in China, and he in-turn forgot to update you?
Nah, we have a few people in china, and they're on the ball.  This guy in particular went way above and beyond to make sure this group buy went smoothly.  We've been in touch with him multiple times a day since the beginning, and we've had a working relationship with him for years.  I gotta lay this at the feet of the vendor.
Pages:
Jump to: