Pages:
Author

Topic: closed. - page 6. (Read 7974 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2013, 10:01:22 AM
The whole idea of Bitcoin is to get rid of crap like paypal and banks in the first place Smiley

Exactly what is the added benefit of paypal supporting Bitcoin? If I pay with Bitcoin (and I do so when&wherever possible), it's because I prefer to AVOID paypal Smiley

The benefit would be the ease of buying and selling.

Bitcoin cant kill banks and paypal until it is large enough and widely held. There has to be a bridge between the old banking system and the new.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
September 09, 2013, 09:51:59 AM
The whole idea of Bitcoin is to get rid of crap like paypal and banks in the first place Smiley

Exactly what is the added benefit of paypal supporting Bitcoin? If I pay with Bitcoin (and I do so when&wherever possible), it's because I prefer to AVOID paypal Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
September 09, 2013, 09:47:13 AM
petition to ban this petition
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
September 09, 2013, 08:31:13 AM
petition to ban the acceptance of bitcoin in ebay. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 09, 2013, 08:13:25 AM
don't care they don't care. they must care because Bitcoin is a revolution.
The thing is, it's not at all clear what it is you're petitioning them to *do*.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
September 09, 2013, 07:39:40 AM
Since PayPal is my only available payment method unfortunately, I'm gonna sign the petition. They're still an awful company though
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
September 09, 2013, 05:36:37 AM
The various wallet software/websites coupled with BitPay seem to do a fair job at anything PayPal could offer.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1002
Developer
September 09, 2013, 05:34:48 AM
I'm asking for implement Bitcoin currency. You can deposit Bitcoins, you can withdraw Bitcoins, you can send Bitcoins to other PayPal users, you can exchange them to any of other currencies they've got implemented... I'm asking for implement BTCs as one of currencies like USD, EUR, etc...
Then you're asking for the impossible. The way they implement currencies like USD and EUR won't work for Bitcoins.

"We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day and add 2.5% to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion." - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=12900&m=SRE

You know a bank that quotes a wholesale rate for Bitcoins?

don't care they don't care. they must care because Bitcoin is a revolution.
legendary
September 09, 2013, 05:32:27 AM
I'm asking for implement Bitcoin currency. You can deposit Bitcoins, you can withdraw Bitcoins, you can send Bitcoins to other PayPal users, you can exchange them to any of other currencies they've got implemented... I'm asking for implement BTCs as one of currencies like USD, EUR, etc...
Then you're asking for the impossible. The way they implement currencies like USD and EUR won't work for Bitcoins.

"We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day and add 2.5% to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion." - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=12900&m=SRE

You know a bank that quotes a wholesale rate for Bitcoins?
legendary
Developer
September 09, 2013, 05:28:48 AM
I read the petition and I can't figure out what you're asking them to do. Are you asking them to allow people to buy and sell Bitcoins using PayPal for the payment side? Are you asking them to sell Bitcoins themselves? Are you asking them to buy Bitcoins themselves? Or what?

legendary
September 09, 2013, 05:21:18 AM
I read the petition and I can't figure out what you're asking them to do. Are you asking them to allow people to buy and sell Bitcoins using PayPal for the payment side? Are you asking them to sell Bitcoins themselves? Are you asking them to buy Bitcoins themselves? Or what?
legendary
Developer
September 09, 2013, 05:10:15 AM
closed
Pages:
Jump to: