Pages:
Author

Topic: closed - page 6. (Read 126705 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
August 22, 2014, 03:32:24 PM

The real tragedy here is coins, with 300-1500 BTC ICO's that promise the world way ahead of their proposed development schedule are being allowed to go to market with little to no consequence. If my intention was to scam, this would have been the way I would have approached it. I attempted to do the exact opposite. Think about that.

I am waiting for a responsible, verifiable party, to approach me to look at rebooting the project. I will notify everyone once that person(s) have been discovered and initiate the transition.

This was a novel experiment that I felt could change this space for the better. Instead, I (we) have learned that the majority of those in the alt space only care for quick profits and manipulation to achieve those profits.

The latter point should have been kind of obvious just based on all the quick pump/dumps run on Bittrex for the past several months. Part of the coin's problem may have been timing. If you did this several months ago, before Comm/ITC, perhaps it would have taken off better. Comm is a good example of the community driven coin ... and at first, got a lot of community people involved. Yet they basically ran into the same problem you did, without a real dev team -- coders -- there was nothing really added to their coin as unique features go. It also didn't help that their 'lead dev' more or less did nothing at all.

Saying a coin is run by the community or group is all well and good, but look around here. I mean, really, this alt scene has been described as a cesspool, and it's not that far off. You can get good people, but it'll be hit or miss if any of them sign up to help a coin or not. And finding coders... unless a coder is paid in a LOT of the coin he is working on, I'm not sure why he'd bother. You either need a coder onboard, or btc to pay a coder. Otherwise, a coin just sort of sits there in no-man's land.

+1... GPC had a great launch, with a good concept and promising community. It lacked a key ingredient.... a dev/ coder (either on-board or lined up). This is the reason why it failed/ is failing, not the market or (feeble) FUD attempts.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360
August 22, 2014, 02:26:48 PM
Crypto_Shark delivered the best fud I have ever seen, in my albeit limited time here, by posting as Bosman and then deleting the post. 

Yeah, really disappointing. That kinda crap is all over the place in crypto. Sad.

I dont want regulation however I do feel honest people need to step up and challenge everything that comes to market with an unbiased, objective approach.

Im thinking about taking what I've learned from this experience and applying it towards protecting those from the garbage that has overwhelemed the market.

I have met some great people here, people that if we organize can make a difference.

I feel POD is a great tool and a critical part of the solution. I dont however feel it is the wholesale answer/solution to the problem.

I am going to keep GPC open for community adoption and stay active in order to support a viable transition if one becomes available.

If you're fed up with what has become of the altspace please connect with me.

GPC may have lost the battle, but the community can still win the war. We just need to change our tactics.

Bosman.

+1 Never give up.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
August 22, 2014, 01:28:59 PM
Crypto_Shark delivered the best fud I have ever seen, in my albeit limited time here, by posting as Bosman and then deleting the post. 
Activity: 331
Merit: 252
August 22, 2014, 12:45:36 PM
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
August 22, 2014, 12:40:21 PM

The real tragedy here is coins, with 300-1500 BTC ICO's that promise the world way ahead of their proposed development schedule are being allowed to go to market with little to no consequence. If my intention was to scam, this would have been the way I would have approached it. I attempted to do the exact opposite. Think about that.

I am waiting for a responsible, verifiable party, to approach me to look at rebooting the project. I will notify everyone once that person(s) have been discovered and initiate the transition.

This was a novel experiment that I felt could change this space for the better. Instead, I (we) have learned that the majority of those in the alt space only care for quick profits and manipulation to achieve those profits.

The latter point should have been kind of obvious just based on all the quick pump/dumps run on Bittrex for the past several months. Part of the coin's problem may have been timing. If you did this several months ago, before Comm/ITC, perhaps it would have taken off better. Comm is a good example of the community driven coin ... and at first, got a lot of community people involved. Yet they basically ran into the same problem you did, without a real dev team -- coders -- there was nothing really added to their coin as unique features go. It also didn't help that their 'lead dev' more or less did nothing at all.

Saying a coin is run by the community or group is all well and good, but look around here. I mean, really, this alt scene has been described as a cesspool, and it's not that far off. You can get good people, but it'll be hit or miss if any of them sign up to help a coin or not. And finding coders... unless a coder is paid in a LOT of the coin he is working on, I'm not sure why he'd bother. You either need a coder onboard, or btc to pay a coder. Otherwise, a coin just sort of sits there in no-man's land.
August 22, 2014, 12:32:12 PM

He took around 3? BTC in IPO plus all the GPC he had (and of course u will never know how many he sold the first days, dont u?) because was all premine... im not angry because of the lost (0.1 BTC not much) but because i think he didnt give his "best shot" or any shot at all. I dont know him but i was reading here all the time "he is good dev" "we can trust him" and  even with the price down as it is since 3 or 4 days after the launch i was holding (what i normally do with POS coins) and because all this good comments. And now he say is leaving?

Where is thi "08/09/14 - Project "X" is in testing and will be announced 08/12/14 8 PM EST. This is a technical feature/upgrade, not a hiring announcement. Can't wait to blow your socks off"?

You really did dude, u really blow my socks off.

They are different types of scams. Dont u think?

The 3 btc from the IPO was a donation. He was upfront from the start that it meant the money went to him for starting and running the coin. That said, he also spent at least some of that money on the coin itself. He paid for the block explorer, mobile wallet + paid to pump the coin.

Project X was the mobile wallet. I don't think he should have kept it secretive as people's imaginations are always greater than reality. I expect a number of people were expecting it to be something bigger, although beats me why... as the coin hasn't been around long enough for any giant projects yet.

And yeah, there are certainly different types of scams. But again, usually a scam makes it a bit clearer as to how the dev made money from it. If he was scamming, logically he would have promised anonymity + other fancy features. I think it'd be the first 'scam' where a dev promises basically nothing besides a coin release, doesn't really have a clear path to raking in a lot of btc, yet still gets called a scam.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 22, 2014, 11:15:45 AM
This is one of my favorite coin,feeling sad as it dying slowly. Sad
Activity: 238
August 22, 2014, 11:09:51 AM
The space was always like that Smiley You're expectations are just now where they should be ^^

I will finish the logo contest and then take my loss (holding to 1 sat) and forget about my 600$ and crypto altogether as my capital is now gone.
August 22, 2014, 11:04:07 AM
On a sidenote, i think if anyone would be invested in the coin and had the capacity to dev they would have stepped up already bosman.

We are just expecting a fucking miracle right there. I'll just consider my money 100% lost at that point. My fault, i shouldn't have invested in a coin that was about finding a dev since the beginning, i should have read.

Nobody in crypto would do that, most are here for the P&D schemes.

This was to be expected.
August 22, 2014, 11:00:09 AM
The problem with GPC is simple all people want take over the control of all volume,  of this coin to hold and  dont get dumped!

i think with the end of GPC we must retrieve this coin from exchanges becuase  has no more value and interest of comunity!

I am still holding my 400k GPC i prefer  has  nothing than dump  this coin for another one !

Bossman i truted you from the beguining, if you want  to do the right thing for the comunity close  this project and close the GPC markets!

Translation = I love the coin, i hold 400k bought very high, please dev make the coin die, so i loose all my money...

Or you are a moron, or you think we are  Roll Eyes
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
August 22, 2014, 10:43:24 AM
The problem with GPC is simple all people want take over the control of all volume,  of this coin to hold and  dont get dumped!

i think with the end of GPC we must retrieve this coin from exchanges becuase  has no more value and interest of comunity!

I am still holding my 400k GPC i prefer  has  nothing than dump  this coin for another one !

Bossman i truted you from the beguining, if you want  to do the right thing for the comunity close  this project and close the GPC markets!

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
August 22, 2014, 06:25:46 AM
Well, I honestly prefer active newbie devs than inactive full members..

Good for me

ok i think just a second confirmation from an active com. member  (no newbie account and there must be some posts in this thread already) and i will start the transfer.

edit: i just had a chat with godaddy and i can't transfer the domain within 60 days. there is transfer lock from icann for 60 days for new registered domains.
so i guess you have to send my dns changes with pm - sorry for that!

August 22, 2014, 06:19:40 AM
Well, I honestly prefer active newbie devs than inactive full members..

Good for me
legendary
August 22, 2014, 06:00:12 AM
The User GPCdevteam is asking me to takover groupcoin.info domain.

since this is a brand new account please post here if this allright for the community
Activity: 355
August 22, 2014, 04:42:05 AM
Honestly... this is what i could call "SCAM" and the worst is that people are accepting that so easily. I bought this GPC at 1000 bits because of the whitepaper, promises of development and all the news here that @Bosman was posting and now he say it is leaving, why? Because was all a big scam? It is the only thing i could think right now. Im out of this and wherever i see ur name again @Bosman i know now, it is all fake and scam. Normally i dont write this kind of post but i think now is the best moment to start doing it.

I always find it interesting how people define scams here. There are obvious ones, when devs don't deliver ipo coins... devs who take ipo money and then don't spend it on the coin ... devs make grand promises of features, then bail ... hidden premines, hidden viruses... a number of different flavors of scam.

But if an investor loses money, is it a scam? I have difficulty figuring how how Bosman scammed anyone exactly. He took in around 3 btc, which he stated upfront was a donation, spent a decent portion I expect on the block explorer + mobile wallet + pumping his own coin (in retrospect, I consider that a mistake). If he made any money from trading, it was probably offset somewhat from his expenses supporting the coin.

I do think he probably should stick it out. But if a dev gives it their best shot and it doesn't work out, does it equate to a scam? Just wondering why people may feel that way. And losing your money because you decided to buy the coin at a high does not equate to a scam. It was a bad investment decision, but not necessarily a scam.

He took around 3? BTC in IPO plus all the GPC he had (and of course u will never know how many he sold the first days, dont u?) because was all premine... im not angry because of the lost (0.1 BTC not much) but because i think he didnt give his "best shot" or any shot at all. I dont know him but i was reading here all the time "he is good dev" "we can trust him" and  even with the price down as it is since 3 or 4 days after the launch i was holding (what i normally do with POS coins) and because all this good comments. And now he say is leaving?

Where is thi "08/09/14 - Project "X" is in testing and will be announced 08/12/14 8 PM EST. This is a technical feature/upgrade, not a hiring announcement. Can't wait to blow your socks off"?

You really did dude, u really blow my socks off.

They are different types of scams. Dont u think?
Activity: 191
Let's have fun!
August 22, 2014, 04:33:35 AM
August 22, 2014, 03:46:56 AM
Honestly... this is what i could call "SCAM" and the worst is that people are accepting that so easily. I bought this GPC at 1000 bits because of the whitepaper, promises of development and all the news here that @Bosman was posting and now he say it is leaving, why? Because was all a big scam? It is the only thing i could think right now. Im out of this and wherever i see ur name again @Bosman i know now, it is all fake and scam. Normally i dont write this kind of post but i think now is the best moment to start doing it.

I always find it interesting how people define scams here. There are obvious ones, when devs don't deliver ipo coins... devs who take ipo money and then don't spend it on the coin ... devs make grand promises of features, then bail ... hidden premines, hidden viruses... a number of different flavors of scam.

But if an investor loses money, is it a scam? I have difficulty figuring how how Bosman scammed anyone exactly. He took in around 3 btc, which he stated upfront was a donation, spent a decent portion I expect on the block explorer + mobile wallet + pumping his own coin (in retrospect, I consider that a mistake). If he made any money from trading, it was probably offset somewhat from his expenses supporting the coin.

I do think he probably should stick it out. But if a dev gives it their best shot and it doesn't work out, does it equate to a scam? Just wondering why people may feel that way. And losing your money because you decided to buy the coin at a high does not equate to a scam. It was a bad investment decision, but not necessarily a scam.
Activity: 355
August 22, 2014, 02:54:40 AM
legendary
August 22, 2014, 02:50:46 AM
ok i'm disapointed and out.
at least no money lost for me.

starting a project and leaving so soon is just a bad style. if you do something do it right or let it be!

send me a pm if you want to takeover groupcoin.info domain. fee is paid for a year and i will host the homepage at least until end of september on my server.
if you need website hosting after this date contact me.
i try to help people take over the coin if i can, but i sold all gpc and will move on.

good luck
Activity: 462
August 22, 2014, 01:45:38 AM
If you are interested in managing the twitter account you can have it of course Cryptofish.

It's sad to see Bosman leaving the leadership but it doesn't change much for the coin, we were in need of a dev team already before so we will just continue to look that way. Hopefully we will find soon a dev now that he can have full rights on the coin. That's probably going to makes thing easier I think.

Thanks for that!

Yes, I will be available in any way possible when the right candidate is discovered. Keep me in the loop via PM france.

I don't buy this, you used your legit account to build trust and now you're leaving.

You can still head the project, it's barely been 2 months and you already gave up. Seriously, another story for the P&D book  Roll Eyes

On the bright side, some people have stepped up.  Good for them.
Pages:
Jump to: