Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 13. (Read 49702 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Up and running CrazyGuy  who knows what the problem was but all is well now. Thanks again for your time.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Where do we DL your fork of Minera?

So on Minera pool HR much lower 2/3 then device hashrate could this be from using wifi also 8% rejected due to duplicates  Shocked Shocked

No, it's just the way pool hasrate was being calculated. I put a fix out on github last night. cd to /var/www/minera and run the following commands to update:

git fetch --all
git reset --hard origin/master

edit:
/var/www/minera not /var/www
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
So on Minera pool HR much lower 2/3 then device hashrate could this be from using wifi also 8% rejected due to duplicates  Shocked Shocked

No, it's just the way pool hasrate was being calculated. I put a fix out on github last night. cd to /var/www/minera and run the following commands to update:

git fetch --all
git reset --hard origin/master

edit:
/var/www/minera not /var/www
Activity: 268
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
I will forward to ASICMINER for comment. My guess would be a short maybe around that capacitor that looks to have blown up. It looks like the one below that is completely missing. Was there any damage during shipment or loose caps in the shipping box?

Activity: 364
Oh man, how/why did this happen?

Ok, found a few minutes to look closer... I think I found the problem. I am really glad I put some scrap 10ga steel underneath these miners. This was the board facing down and it was running only 220MHz.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

Would it be better to use the above shelves, a box fan, and take apart the boards to lay them flat on the shelf?  This would allow for better cooling?

Box Fan http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-3733-20-Fan-Box/dp/B00002ND67/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1415666405&sr=8-4&keywords=box+fan  Rated for ~2,000 CFM
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
2 units side by side with a few inches inbetween, they were just sitting on the steel like they would on a table. I also had the air outlet side raised about 3-4".
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
That should work well, just put it over the top and grill your burgers while mining bitcoin. Warning: may leave a funny aftertaste.

like that one pretty good.

btw I think that steel trapped the heat.  did you have 3 units and the middle bottom burn?
That should work well, just put it over the top and grill your burgers while mining bitcoin. Warning: may leave a funny aftertaste.
legendary
Ok, found a few minutes to look closer... I think I found the problem. I am really glad I put some scrap 10ga steel underneath these miners. This was the board facing down and it was running only 220MHz.

impressive>  

I am going to use 2 fans and these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008DHPC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

back in the day a 40 gridseed orb rack

Well the first board seems to have failed. 3/19 showing all chips working but no hash. Reset the power a few times but ran out of time to check anything else yet.

Activity: 476
legendary
Like this:

Temp is monitored by fan controller. Smiley

Nice and quiet.
Hey Phillipma i think this is what you were looking for

nice someone knew what I meant…thanks
Activity: 462
I've received a photo of the adapter that has been created for connecting to a RPi. The interface is USB, so that's good news.

I will ship overseas, but I can not estimate a price as I don't have package dimensions. The weight will be somewhere around 8kg.

Hey CrazyGuy (or anyone else with a clue),

I assume (we both know what that means) the signals used are RX, TX, GND.

Looking at the picture, what are the left most and right most pins on the little white connector?

In a moment of weakness, I bought a CP2102 USB-UART adapter off of Amazon for ~$9 ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD264HG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). Hang is it has 6 pins (fortunately they're labeled on the PCB) if I knew the pin out on that board I can jumper the correct pins on the one in hand.

This would give all concerned a second source for the USB-UART boards.

Thanks bro'
Activity: 268
Like this:

Temp is monitored by fan controller. Smiley

Nice and quiet.
Hey Phillipma i think this is what you were looking for
legendary
The hot board has been unplugged as soon as I discovered it with the exception of testing after inspecting/reseating (with no burn marks or damage), and the inital burn in before I knew I had problems. The other problem boards are not seeing this same high temp but I have not tested every chip to confirm there isn't a hot one somewhere.

Out of 12 hashing boards (3 prisma), 8 are working without issue, 3 work ~20-60% of the time and not for long and have resetting issues, 1 obviously has temp issues.

they may just be bad, but   if I recall someone took the  short tubes  apart and used two fans one each board.   kept heat much lower.  let me see if I can find a post from aug

looked at this thread can't find the photo

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735982.0;all

will check this one later

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-tube-sales-information-thread-round4-price-at-1btc-per-ths-735728
Activity: 364
yes, hit refresh, last time it said 7 minutes? I will change to 230 to see if anything is different. I am using a 12v 6 amp adapter as told in the guide to use.

Can any of the Prisma gurus tell me if this output is expected for normal operations? I have been running the Primsa a few days now. But it shows "Running time" up only 20 minutes? Is my Prisma rebooting ever 20 minutes? Should I be concerned about this?

Im assuming you have hit the refresh on your browser or the wakeup button
Pages:
Jump to: